STRADALE

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX - Ferrari F430 - PORSCHE 997 turbo -
Current Ride #2
Harley CVO Street Glide - Harley CVO Electra Glide - Harley Nostalgia - Kawasaki Ninja H2
Took a drive yesterday with the wife to see a relative, not far but 220 miles....I freakin LOVE this truck!

Between my dealers inspection & mine, the only things found:
1) The right exhaust tip is about an inch lower than the left which I will either fix myself or at first service.
2) When my detailer (Detailing Dynamics, Mineola NY, imo one of the best in the business) did the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating he pointed out to me a couple light micro scratched areas that needed to be polished out before the ceramic coating was applied but they weren’t that bad, I’ve seen much worse on brand new vehicles.. But looks incredible now, I washed it yesterday & the ceramic coating makes that an easier job.

Had I walked away when I was getting frustrated with the delay & communication, it would have been a HUGE mistake. Couldn‘t be happier right now, it was worth the wait!

C27310C9-AC7A-4163-9011-B28AF6BE7A95.jpeg
BD8471B4-821C-4EC2-9D73-3FCE27144650.jpeg
F39E50E2-1CE4-4EF9-BCC8-47BD790FEC00.jpeg
D65B8C9F-B7D3-4F57-80A6-5DD984C3C105.jpeg
7C12E33B-981E-4765-B8EE-3CD165112CD3.jpeg
6DCCE298-73FE-496D-A18E-4BB5694D98D4.jpeg
FB2DFCE6-CA77-45CC-BD37-229A17A0EA2E.jpeg
877E7434-2F53-4C3B-8B2A-8B163774201D.jpeg
3CA78C14-4353-4936-8D72-3B691721432B.jpeg

Last edited:
Took a drive yesterday with the wife to see relative, not far but 220 miles....I freakin LOVE this truck!

1) The right exhaust tip is about an inch + lower than the left which I will either fix myself or at first service.
2) When my detailer (Detailing Dynamics, Mineola NY, imo one of the best in the business) did the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating he pointed out to me a couple light micro scratched areas that needed to be polished out before the ceramic coating was applied but they weren’t that bad, I’ve seen much worse from on brand new vehicles.. But looks incredible now, I washed it yesterday & the ceramic coating makes that an easier job.

Had I walked away when I was getting frustrated with the delay & communication, it would have been a HUGE mistake. Couldn‘t be happier right now, it was worth the wait!

View attachment 6208View attachment 6209View attachment 6210View attachment 6211View attachment 6212View attachment 6213View attachment 6214View attachment 6215View attachment 6217
Such a beauty! Great pics! :love:

Took a drive yesterday with the wife to see relative, not far but 220 miles....I freakin LOVE this truck!

1) The right exhaust tip is about an inch lower than the left which I will either fix myself or at first service.
2) When my detailer (Detailing Dynamics, Mineola NY, imo one of the best in the business) did the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating he pointed out to me a couple light micro scratched areas that needed to be polished out before the ceramic coating was applied but they weren’t that bad, I’ve seen much worse on brand new vehicles.. But looks incredible now, I washed it yesterday & the ceramic coating makes that an easier job.

View attachment 6208View attachment 6209View attachment 6210View attachment 6211View attachment 6212View attachment 6213View attachment 6214View attachment 6215View attachment 6217
Looks absolutely stunning!! Cheers my friend. Enjoy.

This post needed to happen because I agree. I would be devastated to not have this new-to-the-world truck.

I'll have my ceramic in the next month or so and can't wait. Your truck looks awesome!!

How much was the ceramic coating

Well that was easy. I‘ve seen multiple people mention their exhaust was lower on one side or crooked. Mine was lower on the right side & was really flaring up my vehicle OCD, took 5 minutes to fix. I adjusted both sides high & tight & turned the tips slightly to better follow the shape of the bumper... It’s one 1/2” bolt.
50C806D1-ECBD-4BCC-98F5-B632765F08E2.jpeg

A7764B27-381A-4A4C-BF25-F08406DE2B4D.png

After:
239EF7A9-E017-4347-BA2E-323A432415ED.jpeg

Took a drive yesterday with the wife to see a relative, not far but 220 miles....I freakin LOVE this truck!

👏👏🤝 follow New Yorker in all black🔥

Your truck looks great. I have a blue one coming in hopefully sooner than later. It was ordered in September. Can you go in detail about the expel and ceramic coating? You mentioned the shop had to polish out a couple spots before the expel, was there anything else that had to be done to prep the truck? I hear people on this forum talking about full paint correction first. I am surprised that is necessary on a new vehicle. Could you tell me the total cost involved? Thank you

Your truck looks great. I have a blue one coming in hopefully sooner than later. It was ordered in September. Can you go in detail about the expel and ceramic coating? You mentioned the shop had to polish out a couple spots before the expel, was there anything else that had to be done to prep the truck? I hear people on this forum talking about full paint correction first. I am surprised that is necessary on a new vehicle. Could you tell me the total cost involved? Thank you

Thanks! Congrats! I’ve done Expel PPF on a few vehicles, have 2 sports cars & a bike now with Xpel film but kept it really limited on the TRX, only did the 4 door sills, rocker panel areas where it was guaranteed to get scratched from boots otherwise. Cant help you w/ a full quote for film on the entire truck but for washing, polishing out the scratches, paint & lens prep, Xpel film (limited areas) Xpel ceramic coating, detail, interior cleaned - $1890 w/ tax before my discount/friends of mine since 2002).

Obviously the type film is important but the most important part about film is the installer, its all about the quality of the install & there’s a huge difference in what you get from say a dealership or inexperienced shop to the best in the business. Making sure there are no bubbles, trapped dust, full coverage & how they go about hiding edges around body panels makes a big difference.

If they mean full “paint correction” as in wet sanding (?) thats not something I would do on a new vehicle either unless there were some major paint issues. I rather have all the factory clear coat thickness to protect the paint & work with if needed way down the road.

Pics of the marked up areas they addressed before the ceramic coating. Around the gas cap was the worst part, they have detailing lights so they can see every little imperfection. But he said it looked like someone at the factory (or maybe the Mopar shop for accessories) are wiping down trucks, either not using a fresh micro fiber or maybe doing it when the truck is dusty... For this reason I stopped spot cleaning w. detailing spray years ago, either I do a full wash myself or dont touch my cars till I can..
87344E02-B786-4750-9F3F-DD3A02132B92.jpeg

84E33F85-278B-4245-8B8A-3BB2B1B902BF.jpeg

7F6AA52C-B922-4DC4-9C91-D3D687347AAC.jpeg

6FB25C49-81C0-4456-B586-C38D2CAB26A6.jpeg
955416F7-97B1-4B48-8492-6A2436D23DB8.jpeg

Wanna see some cool cars?

Last edited:
Thanks! Congrats! I’ve done Expel PPF on a few vehicles, have 2 sports cars & a bike now with Xpel film but kept it really limited on the TRX, only did the 4 door sills, rocker panel areas where it was guaranteed to get scratched from boots otherwise. Cant help you w/ a full quote for film on the entire truck but for washing, polishing out the scratches, paint & lens prep, Xpel film (limited areas) Xpel ceramic coating, detail, interior cleaned - $1890 w/ tax before my discount/friends of mine since 2002).

Obviously the type film is important but the most important part about film is the installer, its all about the quality of the install & there’s a huge difference in what you get from say a dealership or inexperienced shop to the best in the business. Making sure there are no bubbles, trapped dust, full coverage & how they go about hiding edges around body panels makes a big difference.

If they mean full “paint correction” as in wet sanding (?) thats not something I would do on a new vehicle either unless there were some major paint issues. I rather have all the factory clear coat thickness to protect the paint & work with if needed way down the road.

Pics of the marked up areas they addressed before the ceramic coating. Around the gas cap was the worst part but looks far worse in the pic than it was even in the sun where it wasn’t really noticeable, they have detailing lights shining on it so they can see every little imperfection. But he said it looked like someone at the factory (or maybe the Mopar shop for accessories) are wiping down trucks, either not using a fresh micro fiber or maybe doing it when the truck is dusty... For this reason I stopped spot cleaning w. detailing spray years ago, either I do a full wash myself or dont touch my cars till I can..
View attachment 6445
View attachment 6439View attachment 6440
View attachment 6437
View attachment 6441View attachment 6442

Wow that is crazy.... are those white scratches just on the clear coat or down to the paint? Thanks for your knowledge as it definitely helps me make a much better educated decision. Cheers

Very nice shine to that truck! My buddy just wrapped his n ceramic coated big difference

Pics of the marked up areas they addressed before the ceramic coating. Around the gas cap was the worst part but looks far worse in the pic than it was even in the sun where it wasn’t really noticeable, they have detailing lights shining on it so they can see every little imperfection. But he said it looked like someone at the factory (or maybe the Mopar shop for accessories) are wiping down trucks, either not using a fresh micro fiber or maybe doing it when the truck is dusty... For this reason I stopped spot cleaning w. detailing spray years ago, either I do a full wash myself or dont touch my cars till I can..
View attachment 6445
View attachment 6439View attachment 6440
View attachment 6437
View attachment 6441View attachment 6442

Thank you for sharing all of the details and pictures. I really appreciate it.

Awesome. That is my upcoming truck right there.

This post needed to happen because I agree. I would be devastated to not have this new-to-the-world truck.

I'll have my ceramic in the next month or so and can't wait. Your truck looks awesome!!
I was half way contemplating quitting it and god I am glad I waited. Absolutely love this truck.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back