Shoe Shopping!

n8er

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Okay, guys. Now that I have the wrap on my truck done, I was going to start some test fitting of wheels/tires to give us all an idea of how they sit on the truck. What I had planned on doing is pulling together a bunch of widths, offsets, and testing both 37's and 35's on different setups to see what kind of clearance we have. I'm pulling most of the wheels out of our dent/ding piles from customer returns to mount tires on and see how they fit. I'll be doing two of each width/offset and mounting them on one side of the truck to test fitment on them. I have to limit it to two per and focus mainly on width, as otherwise, we would be looking at a TON of time if we were going to do every diameter and width and different offset. So I'm here asking if there is a certain wheel width and offset anyone wants to see. So far I have the following pulled together:

Width, Offset:
9.5, +12mm
9, 0mm
9, +12mm
10, -19mm
12, -44mm
10, -24mm

Tires:
35x12.50
37x12.50
37x13.50

Any other widths you guys want to see? I know diameters can make it look different once on the truck, but I'm trying to focus on how they will sit as far as fender clearance, turning radius, etc. It may take a bit to pull all these together and get ready, so please be patient. When we get all of these mounted up, I'll take pics from multiple angles, check turning clearance, etc. I'll probably take vides for the turning radius part to try to give the best info possible where the clearance issues may be.

Okay, guys. Now that I have the wrap on my truck done, I was going to start some test fitting of wheels/tires to give us all an idea of how they sit on the truck. What I had planned on doing is pulling together a bunch of widths, offsets, and testing both 37's and 35's on different setups to see what kind of clearance we have. I'm pulling most of the wheels out of our dent/ding piles from customer returns to mount tires on and see how they fit. I'll be doing two of each width/offset and mounting them on one side of the truck to test fitment on them. I have to limit it to two per and focus mainly on width, as otherwise, we would be looking at a TON of time if we were going to do every diameter and width and different offset. So I'm here asking if there is a certain wheel width and offset anyone wants to see. So far I have the following pulled together:

Width, Offset:
9.5, +12mm
9, 0mm
9, +12mm
10, -19mm
12, -44mm
10, -24mm

Tires:
35x12.50
37x12.50
37x13.50

Any other widths you guys want to see? I know diameters can make it look different once on the truck, but I'm trying to focus on how they will sit as far as fender clearance, turning radius, etc. It may take a bit to pull all these together and get ready, so please be patient. When we get all of these mounted up, I'll take pics from multiple angles, check turning clearance, etc. I'll probably take vides for the turning radius part to try to give the best info possible where the clearance issues may be.
I’d love for you to jump the truck on 37’s and see if it makes contact

Would the bump stops take care of rubbing at full compression (37s)?
Or could you just adjust or get aftermarket bump stops?

I would be more worried about off camber turns into or out of steep driveway, or trying to flip a bitch on a narrow road causing me to rub one out on the trx.

Width, Offset:
9.5, +12mm
9, 0mm
9, +12mm
10, -19mm
12, -44mm
10, -24mm

Tires:
35x12.50
37x12.50
37x13.50

Man this is absolutely awesome!

Appreciate you doing this. As of right now im planning on running 37x1350 on 20x9 +20mm because i know this fits with no rubbing. However, I am curious if i could fit a 37x1250 no rubbing with a 20x9 +0mm.

Really look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yeah, I’ll be checking out some different setups. I have to order some tires in for test fitting. I just thought it would be nice to get a clear idea of what fits stock and what doesn’t. When I was wrapping it, I had the inner fenders out and I was already looking for ways to gain more room for turning lock to lock. We’ll see how it goes with everything stock, though. Don’t want to start cutting and/or bending metal if we don’t need to.

Yeah, I’ll be checking out some different setups. I have to order some tires in for test fitting. I just thought it would be nice to get a clear idea of what fits stock and what doesn’t. When I was wrapping it, I had the inner fenders out and I was already looking for ways to gain more room for turning lock to lock. We’ll see how it goes with everything stock, though. Don’t want to start cutting and/or bending metal if we don’t need to.
I want to fit 37’s but concerned about them making contact on large compression events. I’m not afraid of cutting fenders within reason. What would I need to do?

I’ll have to see how different setups fit to get an idea. I think if you stuck with close to stock offset like +20, you’d be okay. The wild card is how low of an offset you could go that would still let the tires tuck under the fender under full compression. I’m a big fat pussy, so I won’t be doing jump tests with all these setups. Mainly just turning radius tests, and getting looks from different angles to get an idea how they would sit on the truck. My girl is going to be a pavement princess for awhile. I figure I should at least get a couple thousand miles on it before I wreck it.

I’ll have to see how different setups fit to get an idea. I think if you stuck with close to stock offset like +20, you’d be okay. The wild card is how low of an offset you could go that would still let the tires tuck under the fender under full compression. I’m a big fat pussy, so I won’t be doing jump tests with all these setups. Mainly just turning radius tests, and getting looks from different angles to get an idea how they would sit on the truck. My girl is going to be a pavement princess for awhile. I figure I should at least get a couple thousand miles on it before I wreck it.
Thats crazy talk. I’m open to any offset that makes it function. Any thoughts? Assume it will be jumping, crawling, etc so fenders need to accommodate them at the bumpstop and obviously full lock on turns

In that case, you’ll likely want to stick with that +18 to +20 offset.

In that case, you’ll likely want to stick with that +18 to +20 offset.
The wheels I’m looking at are all custom made so any offset is possible. Still say 20’s and 37’s? +20 better than 18?

anyone in r&d for fenders? Fiberwerx is the the best right?

The wheels I’m looking at are all custom made so any offset is possible. Still say 20’s and 37’s? +20 better than 18?

anyone in r&d for fenders? Fiberwerx is the the best right?
Fiberwerx is waiting on a truck for R&D last I talked to them about two weeks ago. First plans are for something tame like +3" or +4" fenders and bedsides. I want a set of Deberti style so I can throw some 40s under this thing!

If you are going to run 37x13.50 and want to have no worries about rubbing I'd stick with +18 to +20 as @n8er said. Since you are going custom, just stick with +19 and there are almost no worries. I say almost because it's still pretty tight, but they seem to clear fine for at least straight line jumping and going in and out of angled things like driveways, parking lots, etc.

I'm definitely interested to see how things turn out with n8er's testing. I'm curious how a 37x12.50 or 13.50 on a 9" wide, 0 offset will look and clear. I think it's going to rub, but curious anyway.

Well, this isn't really a part of my "test fitting," but I ordered some Fuel Torque wheels to put the factory tires on for winter. They are 18x9 with a +1mm offset (basically 0mm). The truck is filthy, so ignore the slop. However, the difference in offset (+19mm stock vs. +1mm) equates to about 3/4" further OUT from stock. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it really makes the truck look different. I took it out to our land and played a little. I did the "uneven climb" to make the back wheel tuck to see what kind of room there was. Now, the fender well was packed with snow, so you really couldn't tell how much room there was on top of the tire, but the side seems to still have quite a bit of space. This still doesn't tell us how the front would tuck, but it was interesting to try out.

KOH-2.jpg

KOH-1.jpg

Tuck.jpg

Untuck.jpg

Wheel tuck.jpg

Ya I’m wanting to see if 37x1250 will fit on a 0mm offset

Well, this isn't really a part of my "test fitting," but I ordered some Fuel Torque wheels to put the factory tires on for winter. They are 18x9 with a +1mm offset (basically 0mm). The truck is filthy, so ignore the slop. However, the difference in offset (+19mm stock vs. +1mm) equates to about 3/4" further OUT from stock. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it really makes the truck look different. I took it out to our land and played a little. I did the "uneven climb" to make the back wheel tuck to see what kind of room there was. Now, the fender well was packed with snow, so you really couldn't tell how much room there was on top of the tire, but the side seems to still have quite a bit of space. This still doesn't tell us how the front would tuck, but it was interesting to try out.

View attachment 6466
View attachment 6467
View attachment 6465
View attachment 6464
View attachment 6468
Nice pics, digging that color

I haven't had any issues running 37s. I haven't jumped it with 37s, nor do I plan to but I have put the truck in some challenging situations. IMO if you plan to jump/Youtube destroy the TRX, and you want to run oversized tires with various offsets, then plan to lift and/or trim. Pretty much the same rule of thumb that came with Raptors.

Anyone know if a 37x12.5 will fit where factory spare fits?

Back