Roof Drip Molding Help

TRex251563

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Silverado Trail Boss. Trading for TRX.
I'm trying to resolve a headache, and figured I'd post about it here. Maybe someone can help.

Had PPF installed. Specifically told the shop not to take the truck apart. Clearly they didn't listen to my instructions, because they tried to remove the roof drip molding, got frustrated and ripped it from the truck. In the process they left a deep scratch (consulting a bodyshop about repairing this), and also apparently had trouble reattaching the trim piece because now it's just rest on top of two of the clips.

As a result, the trim is now detached from the clips. The clips are attached to the studs. I cannot get the trim back onto the clips, and I cannot figure out how to release the clips from the studs.

Has anyone had to remove the drip molding (clip-in style) from their RAM truck? If so, do you have any insight? Is there a way to release the clips?

I'm going to take it to my dealer service department I doubt it's a huge deal to just replace the trim pieces, but after some of what I've witnessed lately, even simple things seem to have the potential to turn into disasters, so gathering as much information as I can to help manage the process.

Johnny@JustBoltOns

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Hydro Blue, 2022 Ram TRX Ordered
Current Ride #2
2005 Mustang V8 Swapped
I'm trying to resolve a headache, and figured I'd post about it here. Maybe someone can help.

Had PPF installed. Specifically told the shop not to take the truck apart. Clearly they didn't listen to my instructions, because they tried to remove the roof drip molding, got frustrated and ripped it from the truck. In the process they left a deep scratch (consulting a bodyshop about repairing this), and also apparently had trouble reattaching the trim piece because now it's just rest on top of two of the clips.

As a result, the trim is now detached from the clips. The clips are attached to the studs. I cannot get the trim back onto the clips, and I cannot figure out how to release the clips from the studs.

Has anyone had to remove the drip molding (clip-in style) from their RAM truck? If so, do you have any insight? Is there a way to release the clips?

I'm going to take it to my dealer service department I doubt it's a huge deal to just replace the trim pieces, but after some of what I've witnessed lately, even simple things seem to have the potential to turn into disasters, so gathering as much information as I can to help manage the process.
I'm sorry to hear this. I would recommend visiting a body shop that has worked on the 5th Gen Rams, they will be able to fix it right.

OP
T

TRex251563

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Silverado Trail Boss. Trading for TRX.
I'm sorry to hear this. I would recommend visiting a body shop that has worked on the 5th Gen Rams, they will be able to fix it right.
Thank you. Yes I think you’re correct. Probably best to have a body shop with Ram experience just fix everything all in one job, including paint. I’ve had a very difficult time getting quality work done this year and I’m at the point where I just want to be back to normal so I can start forgetting the whole saga and just enjoy the truck.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton