Road to 1000whp - Dynos included

Even with the power that I'm at now, it spins pretty bad from a standing start.

What suspension setup do you have?
only thing i've done suspension wise is SCD performance springs.

i will be doing sway bars and rear axle shock soon. Hellwig is putting out TRX specific front and rear sway bars within the next 60 days.

Crazy that an entire week has gone by and this beast of a truck has sat idly without anyone spending time with the poor gal. Sometimes I wonder if she should go to a better home that will actually RACE HER regularly the way I have intended to, but not gotten around to. I may even consider selling this year and going back to having a normal DD and a weekend fun convertible. Hate to say it, but I just feel bad having put so much into the truck knowing I don't drive it enough to make it worthwhile!!!

That being said, what could I get for it if I did decide to sell? Definitely in the top 1% of TRX's from a performance perspective. All work orders / parts documented and done by (1) reputable shop. I've had it since July 2021 and still only has 9000 miles and the 426 isn't even broken in yet.

Crazy that an entire week has gone by and this beast of a truck has sat idly without anyone spending time with the poor gal. Sometimes I wonder if she should go to a better home that will actually RACE HER regularly the way I have intended to, but not gotten around to. I may even consider selling this year and going back to having a normal DD and a weekend fun convertible. Hate to say it, but I just feel bad having put so much into the truck knowing I don't drive it enough to make it worthwhile!!!

That being said, what could I get for it if I did decide to sell? Definitely in the top 1% of TRX's from a performance perspective. All work orders / parts documented and done by (1) reputable shop. I've had it since July 2021 and still only has 9000 miles and the 426 isn't even broken in yet.
Crazy.. I was working through the numbers on mine today too, never thought I'd want to sell but I'm starting to lose interest in the build. My thought process on putting a number on the truck was to take KBB private and trade in values and average the 2. Then take half of what I spent for what is on the truck as it sits and what comes with it (slicks, pulleys, computers etc). I came up with $84k + 1/2 of $30k which landed me right around $100k. That's when I realized it was unlikely I'd even get half of the extra parts I have in it.... 😕

Crazy.. I was working through the numbers on mine today too, never thought I'd want to sell but I'm starting to lose interest in the build. My thought process on putting a number on the truck was to take KBB private and trade in values and average the 2. Then take half of what I spent for what is on the truck as it sits and what comes with it (slicks, pulleys, computers etc). I came up with $84k + 1/2 of $30k which landed me right around $100k. That's when I realized it was unlikely I'd even get half of the extra parts I have in it.... 😕
I tried to sell a new truck with a 800 RIPA kit on Ebay and there were no takers. People are skeptical on built trucks. I pulled it off and it sold in a week.

Sounds like you both need to reignite your love for the build by going to the desert and seeing how versatile this truck is.
Bro...I wish I lived on the other damn side of the country for that sole reason.

Bro...I wish I lived on the other damn side of the country for that sole reason.
Send it on a transport to California or drive it to Texas where you can offroad

Bro.....dude.....man...... I think you would have more regrets post sale then you would just letting it sit idle and using it once in a while.

Also, at least for me, I find that things lose their appeal when you have no one to share them with. Find a way to share your truck with others. Take it to the track, go to car shows/meets, or whatever and share your truck with others. There is a huge population that can't afford the truck let alone afford what you have done to it. Go put a smile on some faces. I think you'll find a smile on yours as well. Obviously in the end, do what's best for you.

Hi @10mpg I need your advice.
When you have to take your TRX in for warranty work which dealer do you go to, Midlothian or West Broad?
Specific SA?
Not sure which dealer to trust.
The last dealer my 2023 TRX was at scratched the driver door and put an N scratch on the bed!

Thank you for your time.

Hi 10mpg@ I need your advice.
When you have to take your TRX in for warranty work which dealer do you go to, Midlothian or West Broad?
Specific SA?
Not sure which dealer to trust.
The last dealer my 2023 TRX was at scratched the driver door and put an N scratch on the bed!

Thank you for your time.
I typically go to Whitten in Ashland because that's where I bought my Rubicon from (I bought my TRX out of state) - but they've only done oil changes for me, and I had them replace the stock silver bumper with the black Rebel one. Over the last couple of months I've started going to Pearson on Broad because Whitten service has been so backed up that they were quoting me 30+ days on anything beyond oil changes. I had Pearson do my suspension recalibration when I moved to 37's and they were quick about it, so I figured as long as they are quoting better times I will just use them. I haven't had any issues with either Whitten or Pearson related to damage or anything but I also haven't had any warranty work done.

Thanks Bro,
The only problem Iam having is smelling radiator fluid. It's coming through the vents and I don't smell it in the engine bay, it's so weird.
The fluid is also at level. It's most prominent when the heat is on.
Since you have taken your truck apart literally and been on here for a while any ideas?
I took it back to the dealer I purchased it new from, also out of town and they said a pressure test was done and they did find anything. Hummm
Thanks @10mpg

Thanks Bro,
The only problem Iam having is smelling radiator fluid. It's coming through the vents and I don't smell it in the engine bay, it's so weird.
The fluid is also at level. It's most prominent when the heat is on.
Since you have taken your truck apart literally and been on here for a while any ideas?
I took it back to the dealer I purchased it new from, also out of town and they said a pressure test was done and they did find anything. Hummm
Thanks @10mpg
Your heater core has a leak, which is why you smell coolant when the heat is on.

Back