RedTailHawk

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2004 Mercedes E55 AMG
After waiting a couple months since I ordered a 2022 RAM TRX, I decided to hedge my bets and placed a pre-order for the Rivian R1T. I know...totally opposite ends of the truck spectrum...but I just want a new truck to replace my aging 2011 Ford Raptor. I'll take which ever one arrives first, and cancel the order on the one that never came thru.

I’ve still got my order on the Rivian Truck. I put the deposit down like 12 or 18 months ago and formal order more recently. I’m waiting on the 400 mile range battery which I think isn’t going to be until late 22 or early 23. Will use it as daily driver. I just like the look of it more than anything else and figured I’d give the electric a try to see what all the fuss was about.

I’ve still got my order on the Rivian Truck. I put the deposit down like 12 or 18 months ago and formal order more recently. I’m waiting on the 400 mile range battery which I think isn’t going to be until late 22 or early 23. Will use it as daily driver. I just like the look of it more than anything else and figured I’d give the electric a try to see what all the fuss was about.
I just placed my pre-order last week, and there was a 400-mile battery option, which I believe I selected.

I just placed my pre-order last week, and there was a 400-mile battery option, which I believe I selected.
Yes, I did too. But I think I had correspondence from them a few months back that the larger batteries would start production and shipping at later dates vs the smaller battery option. I haven’t checked on it in a while. Maybe this has changed now.

As a Tesla owner, I'd love a Rivian but have serious concerns with their ability to perform service and maintain a supply chain as a fledgeling manufacturer, especially given the current state of global shipping. Tesla's initial few years were dodgy with respect to repair and warranty turnarounds and I imagine Rivian will suffer from similar growing pains.

I have a tri-motor Cybertruck on order but best guestimates place that build and delivery as late 2023 or even 2024. I do love my Model 3 Performance but I don't want to wait 2+ more years to have a pickup again so I figure I'll drive the TRX until my Cybertruck is ready.

With significant investment from both Ford and Amazon (for 100,000 delivery vehicles) I feel somewhat confident they’ve figure out those logistics

As a Tesla owner, I'd love a Rivian but have serious concerns with their ability to perform service and maintain a supply chain as a fledgeling manufacturer, especially given the current state of global shipping. Tesla's initial few years were dodgy with respect to repair and warranty turnarounds and I imagine Rivian will suffer from similar growing pains.

I have a tri-motor Cybertruck on order but best guestimates place that build and delivery as late 2023 or even 2024. I do love my Model 3 Performance but I don't want to wait 2+ more years to have a pickup again so I figure I'll drive the TRX until my Cybertruck is ready.
I have a tri motor CT on order as well (~around 1000 order number out of 1m+ orders). I ordered within seconds.

My goal is to keep TRX for my last combustion engine vehicle.

At this rate, not sure the CT will be released before 2024.

Woke up to a picture from my brother 'wtf is this" and it was a rivian in his neighbors driveway. I think he does vehicle reviews for a living, Because I didn't even think they were out yet. Looks pretty cool though.

The Rivian‘s were used (pre-production models) as support vehicles in the “Long Way Up” documentary where Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman rode electric Harley-Davidson Livewire motorcycles from Argentina to LA. Very good series and great support from Rivian and shows a lot of what Rivian is doing with the R1T.

I recently put a pre-order in as well. The TRX will almost assuredly come before the Rivian, as I doubt I see the Rivian before end of next year. Once I get notice of the Rivian being close, I'll look to see if I can sell the TRX for what I paid, and if so I may make the switch, or if I can convince my wife to drive the Rivian I may keep both. I'm till not sure if I will be able to fit the TRX in my work parking garage, so the final decision may come down to liveability. There are a lot of older garages around Orlando and if it becomes a headache not being able to park everywhere, that may push me to switch.

I'm interested to learn more about the R1S. I'm not 100% in love with the front end, but everything else about the design looks good.

0-60 in 3 seconds ✅
Seats 7 (I'm always the driver when it comes to hauling the family + friends around) ✅
300 mile range - not bad ✅
$70k -$75k ✅

I have a tri motor CT on order as well (~around 1000 order number out of 1m+ orders). I ordered within seconds.

My goal is to keep TRX for my last combustion engine vehicle.

At this rate, not sure the CT will be released before 2024.
I’m in the same boat exactly. Tri-motor cyber truck ordered at launch I’m number 1400. Unless there’s further changes though I think we should be looking at early 2023 for where we are.
The new TRX makes the wait very easy Peezy 🤓

I think its great - not sold on the front end on either the PU or the SUV.

My concerns are warranty, parts, dealer support and most of all charge stations. My wife has a 4ex and it is near impossible to find a charge station that doesnt: have a Tesla in it or working at all.

Not that I agree with the whole Tesla fanboy stuff but they have a solid infrastructure to support them. Unless they lease out charge stations I do not see how any EV can be viable unless charging at home.

I’m excited to see the R1T hit the market. I had some early eyes on it fall of 2020 doing some industry training, I’m impressed with the platform they are creating.

1000% over a Tesla. Actually, most people I worked with were ex Tesla employees, most of which were happy to part ways with the brand for various reasons (of which I agreed with)

I think its great - not sold on the front end on either the PU or the SUV.

My concerns are warranty, parts, dealer support and most of all charge stations. My wife has a 4ex and it is near impossible to find a charge station that doesnt: have a Tesla in it or working at all.

Not that I agree with the whole Tesla fanboy stuff but they have a solid infrastructure to support them. Unless they lease out charge stations I do not see how any EV can be viable unless charging at home.

Yeah, non-Tesla charging infrastructure is poorly maintained, fractured, and generally pretty dodgy. Until the other manufacturers catch up, it's a hard sell on a non-Tesla EV but I have faith it will improve significantly in the coming years.

Rivian IPO To Open Early For Reservation Holders​

Those who pre-ordered an R1T or R1S before September 30 will get first dibs on Rivian’s stock.​

I’m in the same boat exactly. Tri-motor cyber truck ordered at launch I’m number 1400. Unless there’s further changes though I think we should be looking at early 2023 for where we are.
The new TRX makes the wait very easy Peezy 🤓
how do you tell your reservation number? I have one, ok maybe two, reservations in from day 1, but it seems they really monkeyed with their numbering system on recent builds and don't make it as easy to know where you are in the list -
This thread just made me check my Tesla account and forgot I had two day one model 3 reservations still on the system - so thanks! just like finding $2k in my jeans after laundry day

how do you tell your reservation number? I have one, ok maybe two, reservations in from day 1, but it seems they really monkeyed with their numbering system on recent builds and don't make it as easy to know where you are in the list -
This thread just made me check my Tesla account and forgot I had two day one model 3 reservations still on the system - so thanks! just like finding $2k in my jeans after laundry day
Order numbers started at 112744100. So take your order and subtract. I'm number 5,499. I also had 3 others under 10k on accident. The server crashed when I put my order in and duplicated my order 4 times

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back