Ripatuned Incognito Lower Damper Sleeve / Pulley Kit (no crank pin) - Detroit area installer recommendation

Arwun

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
My Incognito lower damper sleeve kit arrived; the instructions don't seem to be TRX-specific, and I'm thinking that installation may be slightly different (easier), given that there's more room in the engine bay. Even though it only takes a couple of hours max, I may have difficulty finding the time to carve out. Can you guys recommend any installers in the Plymouth, Michigan area that could put this on for me? I'm sure that any mechanic could do it, but wondering if you know of anyone that specializes in SRT/hellcat engines and/or has already installed one of these kits. I'm assuming that it won't be too expensive if it only takes them an hour with a lift and the right tools readily available.

Does anyone have TRX-specific instructions to show exactly what steps can/should be skipped/altered?

Last edited:
Livernois Motorsports

My Incognito lower damper sleeve kit arrived; the instructions don't seem to be TRX-specific, and I'm thinking that installation may be slightly different (easier), given that there's more room in the engine bay. Even though it only takes a couple of hours max, I may have difficulty finding the time to carve out. Can you guys recommend any installers in the Plymouth, Michigan area that could put this on for me? I'm sure that any mechanic could do it, but wondering if you know of anyone that specializes in SRT/hellcat engines and/or has already installed one of these kits. I'm assuming that it won't be too expensive if it only takes them an hour with a lift and the right tools readily available.
Are you planning on hitting a dyno before and after? I'm tempted to get the same Incognito, but was curious what kind of power difference that we'd actually see. Definitely report back with how it feels with the ass dyno too!

Are you planning on hitting a dyno before and after? I'm tempted to get the same Incognito, but was curious what kind of power difference that we'd actually see. Definitely report back with how it feels with the ass dyno too!
Just an FYI if it helps…Ripatuned is claiming about 60 rwhp gain but I THINK they are referencing that from their other Hellcat testing. Lots of guys have done this on the TRX already and said they could definitely feel the difference but I have not seen any real dyno comparisons. One other note is just be careful if your worried about the engine warranty. While this is removable, if something significant happens and they pull engine data they will see that the blower was spun up more than the factory setup and fight you tooth and nail over a major engine repair or replacement.

No luck. They're too busy and only doing installs of their products right now.
Worth a shot. They are a huge shop and once in awhile you can get lucky and sneak in. They have 15 lifts and how don’t know how many more bays without lifts. I’ve been in there when they were working on about 30 cars at a time. It’s crazy.

Did you ever get this installed? Any feedback?

No, I couldn't find anyone in the Detroit area. Livernois said that they're too busy and even if they weren't, they would only consider installing their own products. So, I installed it myself.

No, I couldn't find anyone in the Detroit area. Livernois said that they're too busy and even if they weren't, they would only consider installing their own products. So, I installed it myself.
Easy enough to do?

Easy enough to do?
It didn't take me less than two hours. It was more like ten hours and a bunch of bloody knuckles. Mostly because the instructions aren't updated for the TRX. If I did it again, I could probably do it in a couple of hours easy.

Livernois Motorsports
They wont touch a small project like that, especially if it doesn't include one of their own parts. Next.....

Sorry I don't have a better answer, I live in TX.

Just an FYI if it helps…Ripatuned is claiming about 60 rwhp gain but I THINK they are referencing that from their other Hellcat testing. Lots of guys have done this on the TRX already and said they could definitely feel the difference but I have not seen any real dyno comparisons. One other note is just be careful if your worried about the engine warranty. While this is removable, if something significant happens and they pull engine data they will see that the blower was spun up more than the factory setup and fight you tooth and nail over a major engine repair or replacement.
I have to agree with that. I had the engine throw a rod at 845 miles. Its been down for 2 months. The first month was spent with RAM doing an investigation as to the cause and now waiting for parts. I'm told the truck will be done on the 7/12. 2 months and 6 days from when I dropped it off. So in short not only are you on your own, Chrysler has an investigative team when the hellcat motors have significant issues to work against you.

Back