TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRex
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
Military
Ex Navy
For anyone that has installed the Ripatuned Incognito without pinning the crank pin, what is your opinion of the modification and the results? Ripatuned is running a Black Friday 20% off special and I decided to purchase the kit and it was only $690 shipped. Thanks in advance for any reviews, positive or negative.

OP
OP
WildCPA

WildCPA

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRex
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
Military
Ex Navy
I just bought mine monday and got charged full price. That sucks
If you bought it Monday, you ought to try e-mailing them a copy of the receipt showing the date and see if they will give you the Black Friday price. It can't hurt, they might do it.

OP
OP
WildCPA

WildCPA

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRex
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
Military
Ex Navy
Shows $850 on the site now. Code needed???
I think the promotions box shows up after you add it to the cart and go to review your order
In all caps in the promotions box type BFINCOGNITO

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
If you bought it Monday, you ought to try e-mailing them a copy of the receipt showing the date and see if they will give you the Black Friday price. It can't hurt, they might do it.
It's almost like when you pay $10k over MSRP and find a forum that has dealers selling it for $10K under. Just not as bad but the felling is the same.
In any case I saw Tyler Potter on youtube and he did before and after install video's and there is clearly a big difference. I have heard noting but good on this upgrade. I did a racechip today and it made a noticeable difference. I'll be running it tomorrow to see how much better I can do over my baseline figures. Then will be adding the pulley.

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
You can read about the belt squealing on another post. I had many issues in dust (following vehicles on dusty road, donuts in dunes) and once in heavy rain. Have to use belt conditioner frequently.

It did feel like it made a difference, but the squealing belt will drive you nuts if it happens to you.

OP
OP
WildCPA

WildCPA

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRex
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
Military
Ex Navy
You can read about the belt squealing on another post. I had many issues in dust (following vehicles on dusty road, donuts in dunes) and once in heavy rain. Have to use belt conditioner frequently.

It did feel like it made a difference, but the squealing belt will drive you nuts if it happens to you.
I live in the city, so no dirt roads where I drive. Sometimes in the rain since it’s my daily. 🤞🏼 that the rain doesn’t cause a squeaky belt 😊

Boosted

TRX Addict
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
The incognito has performed flawlessly for 3000+ miles and the increase in power is amazing! I can’t wait to get the rest of the RT850 setup installed!

Oh, and by the way, we (BrawlerFab) is an official authorized Ripatuned dealer now. Incognito is already on our website and the RT kits will be on the site hopefully tomorrow. 😎

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
The incognito has performed flawlessly for 3000+ miles and the increase in power is amazing! I can’t wait to get the rest of the RT850 setup installed!

Oh, and by the way, we (BrawlerFab) is an official authorized Ripatuned dealer now. Incognito is already on our website and the RT kits will be on the site hopefully tomorrow. 😎
I think it is good that you are a dealer. Maybe you can talk to them about the issues some of us are having and see what can be done.

I do agree there is a difference, but it's an off road truck and this can't happen, unless they advertise for pavement drivers only. I did get a hold of them and they said I need a tensioner, so I bought one and billet pulleys and waited forever with no word on shipping, etc. Never installed then before I sold my 21, just pulled my incognito and shim back off.

So on my new one I'll put the whole setup on, but if that doesn't solve it, I'll be pissed that I spent more money with them. They need to test and talk with customers to see if there needs to be a modification made for dirt road/off road and help customers out.

And maybe sell a parts kit and belts separately, or at a minimum list the specs. People have asked about belts, the flywheel holder/tool, and I would like new bolts when I reinstall it as well.

Thx

LordExplorer

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘21 TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
Motos. Lots of motos
How easy is this to install and take off? I’m very interested in one but I don’t want to risk my warranty (or extended warranty) so would need to remove before going to dealer. Being a pulley I’m assuming there’s no trail left that the dealer can read, correct?

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
How easy is this to install and take off? I’m very interested in one but I don’t want to risk my warranty (or extended warranty) so would need to remove before going to dealer. Being a pulley I’m assuming there’s no trail left that the dealer can read, correct?
So I would only take it off if they were checking something related to an issue with engine/electrical.

It isn't terrible, but a pain in the ass. You need to take the crankshaft bolt out and replace each time as they are stretch bolts. You'll pull airbox and skids as well for easier belt routing, and you might be able to leave the shim behind the tensioner when putting the stock belts back on.

There are also 3 bolts that go into the front of the crankshaft pulley and I'm going to replace those as well.

Snake

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
92 Viper, 2010 ACR-X, PCP Demon, TRX

If you run the black belt a dealer would never know it's on would be my guess.

Jester

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Air Force
If you run the black belt a dealer would never know it's on would be my guess.
I don't think many techs know what they are looking at unless hellcat expert/certified.

LordExplorer

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
‘21 TRX Launch Edition
Current Ride #2
Motos. Lots of motos
I’m assuming the increased boost output is recorded and can be used to deny warranty coverage. Is that an accurate assumption? So even if the pulley is changed back, if engine issues, they’re going to find the history of boost output and deny based on that. That’s been my assumption and why I’ve been hesitant to do this upgrade, but the BF deal is tempting me!

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I’m assuming the increased boost output is recorded and can be used to deny warranty coverage. Is that an accurate assumption? So even if the pulley is changed back, if engine issues, they’re going to find the history of boost output and deny based on that. That’s been my assumption and why I’ve been hesitant to do this upgrade, but the BF deal is tempting me!
I’m sure they could find something. But on the other hand, what kind of boost are you seeing stock at that altitude? 8 or 9 psi? Seems like the Incognito in the mountains may just bring it up to what stock boost is at sea level. If so, that may not draw any scrutiny...but I'm simply thinking out loud...

Personally I'm holding out to see what Power Brokers/ Direct Connection will offer, if anything. Factory warranty is nice and if I'm going to risk it at all, I'd probably pin the crank and go all out rather than try to put one over on Stellantis.

Boosted

TRX Addict
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
I think it is good that you are a dealer. Maybe you can talk to them about the issues some of us are having and see what can be done.

I do agree there is a difference, but it's an off road truck and this can't happen, unless they advertise for pavement drivers only. I did get a hold of them and they said I need a tensioner, so I bought one and billet pulleys and waited forever with no word on shipping, etc. Never installed then before I sold my 21, just pulled my incognito and shim back off.

So on my new one I'll put the whole setup on, but if that doesn't solve it, I'll be pissed that I spent more money with them. They need to test and talk with customers to see if there needs to be a modification made for dirt road/off road and help customers out.

And maybe sell a parts kit and belts separately, or at a minimum list the specs. People have asked about belts, the flywheel holder/tool, and I would like new bolts when I reinstall it as well.

Thx
You bring up some great points that I’ve thought about or heard before becoming a dealer. I don’t have all the answers but will be educating myself over the next couple of weeks so that I can provide the level of support my customers expect and deserve. I will have a full range of replacement parts as well including belts and bolts.

Bill

Mack0092

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Mercedes GLE, 2015 HellCat Challenger, 2011 F350 King Ranch
Incognito has been hassle free for me with great results, no complaints at all.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com