Retrax PowertraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover

JRex

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Finally got Retrax PowertraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover installed.

Nothing new here, Same as product as what I have installed in January 2019, on my 2019 Laramie Sport.

Fully electric.
Open close with provide FOB or program home link buttons on visor.

1614115657735.png

Last edited:
Finally got Retrax PowertraxPRO XR Tonneau Cover installed.

Nothing new here, Same as product as what I have installed in January 2019, on my 2019 Laramie Sport.

Fully electric.

View attachment 5746
Can this be wired into an aux switch?

NOTHING better then retrax imo! I am on my 6th truck in a row with one.

Fully electric.

View attachment 5746
How hard to install? I have it in my garage ready to go, just waiting on the truck.

Fully electric.

View attachment 5746
Have the same one in my garage ready for a truck! Looks great! Had one before and it worked great. No leaks, no rattles. Maybe a foot (at the top of the bed) taken up. No bed space at the bottom taken up so hauling plywood, 2x4s etc.. was not impacted.

Fully electric.

Based on your picture you did NOT get the Retrax Pro XR.... you got the Retrax Pro MX. There is a fundamental difference as the XR has the integrated T-slot rails so you can install cross bars over the top of the truck bed that will hold accessories (tents, cargo, bikes, snowboards, etc.).

Just want to make sure you are communicating what you have installed correctly so we don't confuse folks on the forum.

Still looks nice on your truck, and assuming you didn't want the T-slot rails.

Here is what the XR looks like:

It usually comes with a key fob... wireless.
Not a fan of the fobs. I end up with too many. One for cover. One for exhaust cutout. One for truck...

Not a fan of the fobs. I end up with too many. One for cover. One for exhaust cutout. One for truck...
I would think someone could figure it out. Maybe ask @Johnny@JustBoltOns if he knows of a solution. Cheers

I mount one fob on the bedside, just inside the tailgate. That way you open the tailgate and just hit the button to roll back the top. Second fob goes in the center console, no need to carry on your keyring.....

That’s one reason why I’m switching to the non electric this time.

Any idea how this will hold up in winter? I have a Roll N loc that constantly gets frozen shut and I need to thaw it out to open it!

Pretty sure you could program the built in garage openers. I’d rather have it wired to an aux though
Yeah I think I saw that some of them can use the garage opener button in the truck. The one I have now didn’t work with mine so I just attached it to my key fob for the truck.

Pretty sure you could program the built in garage openers. I’d rather have it wired to an aux though
Wouldn't you need to program 2 buttons? Forward and Reverse? Fob has 3, F/R and light toggle.

Any idea how this will hold up in winter? I have a Roll N loc that constantly gets frozen shut and I need to thaw it out to open it!
Sorry. I'm in Texas on the coast. Accept for snowpocolypse last week, we get very little snow.

Does it seal pretty good...much leakage?

Had one 2 years on 2019 Laramie sport. The only spot can get in is when you retract the bed top when water is on top. It rolls up into bed box and has to drain hoses that put the water thru the drain holes in front of bed.

When it rained, you can go open the tail gate and its bone dry. Plus its really pretty secure

Back