Reported TRX Issues

Parked at the airport is the scariest four words for a TRX owner 😅
Battery failure was probably the only reason it wasn't stolen... 🤣

Parked at the airport is the scariest four words for a TRX owner 😅
Airport = TRX and Hellcat all you can eat buffet.....for the criminals!

It's not a dead battery, the starter won't engage and the dealer can't figure out why. Don't know if its a fail safe or what the issue is, but dealer said there were a couple issues and only elaborated on the starter last we talked. Thankfully RAM took care of the tow, but still not a good look. Luck of the draw or not, a vehicle that costs $100k should not break down in the first month of ownership. We had the same issue with my wife's brand new XC90, broke down so many times and had so many issues in the first 6 months, volvo bought it back and ordered us a new one ... I'm starting to get flashbacks. Aside from having a new truck that doesn't work, this is going to show up on the carfax report and will definitely impact the resale value whenever I decide to get a different vehicle.
Could you update us on what the dealership found and if it is fixed?
All info about issues and fixes helps everyone. Thanks!

Hey there,

If you decide to take your vehicle to a Ram Certified dealer, please reach out to us! We're available via DM and we can help!

Callie
Ram Cares
I’m reaching out to you
Please help!
I’m being told that the coolant is operating as design.
They told me that the control arm bolt is not covered and that I need to claim it under my own insurance or bring it to a body shop on my own.

Attachments

• 844FDEC2-0F43-48D6-9BFF-D7A98A4CFFFD.jpeg
    844FDEC2-0F43-48D6-9BFF-D7A98A4CFFFD.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 21EC13DC-A47F-491C-BC75-75684CDCDB86.jpeg
    21EC13DC-A47F-491C-BC75-75684CDCDB86.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 37669F33-B046-4AA0-A170-BC3322B12C7B.jpeg
    37669F33-B046-4AA0-A170-BC3322B12C7B.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 126
I’m reaching out to you
Please help!
They told me that the control arm bolt is not covered and that I need to claim it under my own insurance or bring it to a body shop on my own.
Is your coolant murky ?

I’m reaching out to you
Please help!
Getting a suspension component fixed under warranty can be tough. Especially if it looks like it was caused by impact and it is a TRX after all so it doesn't help ur case. Keep us posted

Getting a suspension component fixed under warranty can be tough. Especially if it looks like it was caused by impact and it is a TRX after all so it doesn't help ur case. Keep us posted
As I said before, this was very obviously a loose bolt that egged out the hole and ripped up the tab. Those CA bolts being loose is a known issue on some of our trucks, this should not be a hard issue to get warranty repaired.

I’m reaching out to you
Please help!
Have you tried taking it to a different dealer yet?

Is your coolant murky ?
Not sure how murky it should get. But murky like oil coolant mix. No not that murky. But murky like taking hot air blowing into the coolant, yes murky like that.
Does anyone know who analyze coolant? I would love to send in a sample.

As I said before, this was very obviously a loose bolt that egged out the hole and ripped up the tab. Those CA bolts being loose is a known issue on some of our trucks, this should not be a hard issue to get warranty repaired.

Have you tried taking it to a different dealer yet?
Yes I have.
Original dealership hilltop Richmond CA
Second shop Berkeley CA

Impact from potholes and curb side when parking. Huh
If that cause that bolt to float around like that. Then advertise it is a Baja design truck with suspension to go over terrain. Terrain at high speeds and even jump the truck over mounds! Hmmmmmmmm
I bought this truck for its suspension!
The motor was icing on the cake!
Think about my situation!
Who looks is supposed to for loose bolt on the suspension!
Defective means after installing then notice defects when in use not during the build! When will you know when a light bulb is defective! After you install it. Right.
I have bought a defective truck here.they are not helping to correct a defect. Of course it’s business. However
I haven’t even taken this truck off roading!
Ram care is a verbal care.
Ram care is no care.
My truck needs warranty repair and they won’t even give me a rent a car when they have the truck for a week! Twice that’s happened already.
I have a monthly payment on this truck.
But I have to rent a car when truck is getting checked out. Yea checked out not fixed!

2022 Sandblast, 3370 miles. Fuel injectors kaput (per error code, dealer verified it wasn’t a relay issue). Had to tow to the dealer this morning after two unsuccessful jump attempts. Dealer “needs to keep it for a couple days.” MVP will reimburse rental cost $45 a day for 5 days. We will see just how much this will end up costing me out of pocket.

You can message them directly, or tag them @RamCares
Thanks for the tip, I’m still waiting on the dealer to figure out what is wrong and give me the prognosis. If this turns into a big problem, I will reach out to Ram Cares. Pretty sure a new Sandblast edition getting dropped off the back of a flatbed to the back of a dealership isn’t a good look for Ram build quality from prospective buyers.

Yes I have.
Original dealership hilltop Richmond CA
Second shop Berkeley CA
Stop going to coastal dealerships in CA. They’re all money mongering $$$$tards. If it’s suspension related and it’s under 36k miles it is covered. Period. If they fight you, ping me and I’ll put you in contact with the attorney that helped me and many others.

Stop going to coastal dealerships in CA. They’re all money mongering $$$$tards. If it’s suspension related and it’s under 36k miles it is covered. Period. If they fight you, ping me and I’ll put you in contact with the attorney that helped me and many others.
It’s also worth noting that if you’ve been an asshole that’s probably why they haven’t helped you. You need to be humble with a backbone

No idea where to
Put this but is anyone else’s headlights foggy (blueish) on the inside if the lense?

I’m reaching out to you
Please help!
WOW! I get why they are denying the warranty on that. That looks like possible impact damage if they found other things to indicate it. Like curb checking. If they took pictures and sent it to their warranty person and/or Stellantis warranty they are probably being told the claim would be denied. That means that Stellantis will not pay and therefore the tech and dealership does not get paid. There is a lot more going on there than just a bolt replacement. Hopefully Ram Cares sees it differently.

Last edited:
Back