Remote start via phone

charperimg

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ford F350 Platinum
Question regarding phone app to start truck remotely... is this a thing? What do I need to know? I’m on iPhone. TRX will be my first FCA product so forgive my ignorance. TIA!

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Question regarding phone app to start truck remotely... is this a thing? What do I need to know? I’m on iPhone. TRX will be my first FCA product so forgive my ignorance. TIA!
You are supposed to be able to do that with the app.... however there might be issues w the performance... or lack there of.

Elrodd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Military
Ex-Army
Ive been using the uconnect app for a few days, it will in fact start it, little more delayed than the key fob but has worked flawlessly for me. Keep in mind the truck being inside and blocking signals may affect that. It will lock, unlock, set off the alarm, start, and help you locate the truck on a map. Fun app so far to play with.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
I'll try it out when I get mine but if I don't like it, I'll upgrade to a Viper Smart start like I have on some of my other vehicles so I can keep track of all them.

OP
charperimg

charperimg

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
17 Ford F350 Platinum
Definitely a thing - works very well. Perhaps too well. You can even start the car with the app even after you have sold the car to someone else. true. Personal Experience. If you don believe me search the Hellcat forums. After you sell the car you have to call FCA / Cilantro and have them disassociate the car from your account. Until then, you still have complete control over it - lock unlock remote start honk the horn. Sold this car in August 2019 - its currently 1187 miles away from me.
Haha, good to know! I've had a few GM vehicles and now a couple fords with the functionality. Just didn't know how it worked for FCA.
Funny that you still have access to your old car!

#TRXstillhope

TRX Member
Reaction score
Definitely a thing - works very well. Perhaps too well. You can even start the car with the app even after you have sold the car to someone else. true. Personal Experience. If you don believe me search the Hellcat forums. After you sell the car you have to call FCA / Cilantro and have them disassociate the car from your account. Until then, you still have complete control over it - lock unlock remote start honk the horn. Sold this car in August 2019 - its currently 1187 miles away from me.
That happens because the person who bought it probably never downloaded the app and added the VIN to their account..... once they do, it automatically deactivate/remove VIN from your account... It happened to me when I sold my Ram 2500, one day I opened my app and the truck wasn't there anymore....

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com