Redeye Blower

Johnwgw

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
I have had my redeye blower on a shelf waiting for the trx to be delivered since august!

Plan is to get some headers on her, some bigger injectors, Slightly smaller pully... Pin the crank...
Normal stuff pretty much for the hellcat platform.. I plan to cut out the cats, but leave the stock exhuast alone as much as I can so my HOA doesnt give me to much grief.
Most of the build will be posted to my ig @Johnwgw

If i find a nice place to stick a couple turbos... I will have the red eye blower for sale soon! lol

Hope to see you guys along the journey and you are enjoying the new truck as much as me!

I was at a performance tuner shop today that specializes in Hellcats. They were disappointed that the TRX had no room for upgraded headers and had what they called stock log headers. Very thin. Hardly any distance from block and suspension point. Not sure if there is a work around for the header situation. They said a regular RAM is tight fit for headers, TRX does not look like it.

For exhaust, just get QTP cut outs if you want the noise at the click of a fob button.

I was told a $2,500.00 pair of header on a Track Hawk Hellcat only added 25RWHP and made it to loud to drive it everyday.

Maybe someone else can chime in with more info, I am going off what the performance shop said.

I have a 2018 Trackhawk, with a magnuson 2650 on it... We ran a 9.799 with the truck last year and are currently in the midst of turbo charging it... (Finishing up the turbo red eye at this moment)

And yea its pretty tight in there... and the headers are deff a big choke point on this truck... I know @Tune Time Performance in NJ (Who builds my stuff) Is in talks with kooks right now to figure something out for the headers...

But im hoping American Racing headers can figure something out as I always use them on all my builds.

Im not a fan of the QTP cutouts... ive been through about 5 pair of them and just gave up on them.... If no headers can be figured out ill just do a mid muffler delete or something.

I have a 2018 Trackhawk, with a magnuson 2650 on it... We ran a 9.799 with the truck last year and are currently in the midst of turbo charging it... (Finishing up the turbo red eye at this moment)

And yea its pretty tight in there... and the headers are deff a big choke point on this truck... I know @Tune Time Performance in NJ (Who builds my stuff) Is in talks with kooks right now to figure something out for the headers...

But im hoping American Racing headers can figure something out as I always use them on all my builds.

Im not a fan of the QTP cutouts... ive been through about 5 pair of them and just gave up on them.... If no headers can be figured out ill just do a mid muffler delete or something.
How do you like the mags blower? Know when the 3.0 is coming?

How do you like the mags blower? Know when the 3.0 is coming?
I absolutely love it... but it took a while to dial it in... and the company wasnt very much of a help... We told them what psi our target was... and they sent us all the pully/cogs and said try them all and let us know what you come up with lol...

Both magnuson and whipple, are coming out with new 3.0 blowers, and after looking at the design... We were gonna go with the whipple... But we had a 3.0 maggy on order as well... Then Whipple announced they were coming out with the new gen in a 3.9 liter for built hemi motors in the fall.... So with all the new S/C choices coming out we said forget it... and just gonna turbo it instead...

I dont think you can go wrong with any magnuson blower... They do operate very efficiently.

I absolutely love it... but it took a while to dial it in... and the company wasnt very much of a help... We told them what psi our target was... and they sent us all the pully/cogs and said try them all and let us know what you come up with lol...

Both magnuson and whipple, are coming out with new 3.0 blowers, and after looking at the design... We were gonna go with the whipple... But we had a 3.0 maggy on order as well... Then Whipple announced they were coming out with the new gen in a 3.9 liter for built hemi motors in the fall.... So with all the new S/C choices coming out we said forget it... and just gonna turbo it instead...

I dont think you can go wrong with any magnuson blower... They do operate very efficiently.
Seems more efficient than the whipple?

So the performance shop looked over TRX for possible upgrades, because they had not seen one yet. They noted, off cats, 3" straight pipes,

X pipe then 2 tiny mufflers right before rear axle.

1614388516326.png

Then behind the rear wheels, right where exhaust bends up to go to tips. Don't know what its called, but its some exhaust release vent (mesh) behind rear wheel, before the exhaust tips, to reduce the exhaust flow and sound of exhaust out the rear.

1614388310924.png

They said the quick test they to do for a customer was to tape it closed and let customer hear the new exhaust sound. If liked it or not to loud, replace that part of exhaust with enclosed piping.

Hope I am describing it correctly.

Last edited:
Seems more efficient than the whipple?

With the current blowers out, the Magnuson is more efficient than the whipple... But the new Whipple, the one that is on the 7 second drag pack challenger... Should be just as efficient, if not more efficient than the magnuson... But i would steer clear of the current generation of whipples out...

All is about to change with the new whipple/magnuson coming out... and with all of the choices... i decided to go the turbo route...

was actually at tune time today discussing the possibility of turbo charging the truck... Seems to be lots of nice empty locations for some turbos!

Good flowing 2” primary headers will be a very noticble gain in power and heat reduction for any boosted vehicle, might even drop boost #’s a tiny bit too.

Good flowing 2” primary headers will be a very noticble gain in power and heat reduction for any boosted vehicle, might even drop boost #’s a tiny bit too.
Yea i think we picked up the most power in my redeye and trackhawk with headers... usually the first mod i try to do on this platform.

With the current blowers out, the Magnuson is more efficient than the whipple... But the new Whipple, the one that is on the 7 second drag pack challenger... Should be just as efficient, if not more efficient than the magnuson... But i would steer clear of the current generation of whipples out...

All is about to change with the new whipple/magnuson coming out... and with all of the choices... i decided to go the turbo route...

was actually at tune time today discussing the possibility of turbo charging the truck... Seems to be lots of nice empty locations for some turbos!

That was the first thing the tuner shop guys said was. He held his hands up about 1.5 feet apart and said plenty of area for really big twin turbos on passenger side engine compartment.

That was the first thing the tuner shop guys said was. He held his hands up about 1.5 feet apart and said plenty of area for really big twin turbos on passenger side engine compartment.

Yea thats the exact space i saw when it hit my mind lol... Some nice big games for some piping to run through too! HOPEFULLY i can contain myself and the redeye blower will suit my needs... But we will see where we land with this monster!

Super interested in seeing what you guys come up with. Not knowledgeable enough to do it myself, but once someone gets if figured out I’ll find a shop here in So Cal to do a SC upgrade.

any recommendations for good So Cal shop appreciated. Orange County area

interested if anyone has put a redeye supercharger on a trx. I have 12k on mine and have an opportunity to swap my supercharger with a 4k redeye one. just looking for tips or tricks.

Redeye supercharger without redeye internals? No thanks, to each their own.

I’m planning on going to the whipple 3.0 and long tube headers. Keeping it low boost because I tow and want it to be safe. Really only looking for 100hp more.

redeye internals. lol. they go bang to. i work at a fca dealer. thought i had a chance at swapping a super charger off of a redeye challenger that had damaged pistons. and was going to auction. something we bought back. but someone, previous owner beat me to it. some one already swapped the super charger and the fuel injectors. for hellcat ones. I love my truck. my work has a 500$ a month car allowance for top level techs so I had to get a trx. half price.

redeye internals. lol. they go bang to. i work at a fca dealer. thought i had a chance at swapping a super charger off of a redeye challenger that had damaged pistons. and was going to auction. something we bought back. but someone, previous owner beat me to it. some one already swapped the super charger and the fuel injectors. for hellcat ones. I love my truck. my work has a 500$ a month car allowance for top level techs so I had to get a trx. half price.
Your response. Lol. Under that logic, wouldn't it be more likely then that hellcat internals "go bang" then? :unsure:

Last edited:
Back