Recovery Kit

Great new multi use recovery product I’m adding to my kit - many uses they don’t even list:

Great new multi use recovery product I’m adding to my kit - many uses they don’t even list:
Overlander and some of the other big vendors also have lots of into on their website or as download.

I’m looking through all the gear realizing I have no idea what I’m doing

Watch YouTube videos go out have fun and practice when you get stuck.
Thats the plan. Getting a 12k pound winch so I can hopefully just brute force my way out.

@TylerSTMW I hope that bumper can take some pull because I am really good at breaking things =)

I mean a dead cow was slightly more unpleasant to look at ... the important thing is you’re having fun. :)

I've been trying to find the email receipt for the recovery kit I bought for the Raptor, I had to use it a couple of times and it worked great on a truck that heavy, and iirc it wasn't too expensive. I have to sort through my storage space at some point to get the rest of my off road gear and I'll post the model when I do.

I mean a dead cow was slightly more unpleasant to look at ... the important thing is you’re having fun. :)

I've been trying to find the email receipt for the recovery kit I bought for the Raptor, I had to use it a couple of times and it worked great on a truck that heavy, and iirc it wasn't too expensive. I have to sort through my storage space at some point to get the rest of my off road gear and I'll post the model when I do.
Dead cow!!! How dare you sir. That is a bull Cape Buffalo I killed at 10 yards. Cow...

After my current picture has run its course I will be sure to use something less pleasant

Superwinch now has their winch2go in a box with plastic rope. For those that don’t want the weight of a full size winch out front or on the receiver hitch, it’s a light duty option, meaning prob good for sand and slick mud but not mountains.

Superwinch now has their winch2go in a box with plastic rope. For those that don’t want the weight of a full size winch out front or on the receiver hitch, it’s a light duty option, meaning prob good for sand and slick mud but not mountains.

It is rated at 4000 lb line pull and they say you can do 8000 with a pulley. I'm not a big safety margin kind of guy, but it seems a little light for our trucks

It is rated at 4000 lb line pull and they say you can do 8000 with a pulley. I'm not a big safety margin kind of guy, but it seems a little light for our trucks
Usually (and take that with a grain of salt) you want twice the vehicle weight.

It is light for the TRX - not intended to be a primary system , but our trucks are not designed fir winches.
We are already engine heavy so the best big winch is prob rear mounted.
I’ve heard reports of these winches getting full size trucks out of stuck.
If you use a damper and follow safety protocols they either help or not.
Similar pull to a 3 ton hand winch.

We haven’t even started discussing off-road map navigation by grid or specialized GPS.

Mor off grid emergency text or other communication devices.

Thats the plan. Getting a 12k pound winch so I can hopefully just brute force my way out.

@TylerSTMW I hope that bumper can take some pull because I am really good at breaking things =)
No bumper will be strong enough to hold up to your abuse. You get no warranty.

No bumper will be strong enough to hold up to your abuse. You get no warranty.
Winch and mount about 150# plus the extra bumper weight hanging off your nose.
Get plastic rope not metal wire - weighs less plus safer - make sure your fairlead is meant for plastic.

Back