Rear wheel drive?

Justxinf

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX 2021
Current Ride #2
Chevy 1500 2017
It’s seems as though this transfer case borg Warrener 48-13 is available in part time 4X4 variants. Also if you can “split the torque” which is a funny concept to wrap my head around, why not plait it 1/99 so you can do burnouts. There’s been people that pulled the fuse on the electric engaging mech, and they achieved RWD (on the track hawks, not TRX yet.) this tells me this should be able to be achieved through tuning.
Thoughts??! Just trying to have fun drifting, burnouts etc...

It’s seems as though this transfer case borg Warrener 48-13 is available in part time 4X4 variants. Also if you can “split the torque” which is a funny concept to wrap my head around, why not plait it 1/99 so you can do burnouts. There’s been people that pulled the fuse on the electric engaging mech, and they achieved RWD (on the track hawks, not TRX yet.) this tells me this should be able to be achieved through tuning.
Thoughts??! Just trying to have fun drifting, burnouts etc...
did anyone work out if this was possible?

You can get 2WD with the Tazer DT I believe.

I'm curious about this too. I would rather not turn the front end when doing mundane daily driving, better mpg and less wear on the front end.
According to research done by Audi, a driving wheel uses less energy than a driven wheel, so there would be no potential mpg gains.
Tests converting 203 (full-time) transfer cases to part time 4WD backed up those claims.

And since everything would still be turning anyway, there wouldn't be much of a reduction in wear.

According to research done by Audi, a driving wheel uses less energy than a driven wheel, so there would be no potential mpg gains.
Tests converting 203 (full-time) transfer cases to part time 4WD backed up those claims.

And since everything would still be turning anyway, there wouldn't be much of a reduction in wear.
In the old days when you could unlock the hubs and remove all the drivetrain parts from spinning that would probably help. But with the modern setups its probably minimal since most of the drivetrain parts are spinning anyways.

In the old days when you could unlock the hubs and remove all the drivetrain parts from spinning that would probably help. But with the modern setups its probably minimal since most of the drivetrain parts are spinning anyways.
Good point I guess you would need unlocking hubs along with transfer 2wd.

Back