Rear wheel drive tuning! But I need your help!!

True a 2 WD Hellcat powered truck is dumb some of the time, it is even more dumb to be in 4WD in cruise control going down the interstate in July getting 10 MPG. If a 2WD Hellcat is dumb all the time, explain all the 2WD Hellcat powered cars to me please?
Someone back in the early first gen Jeep SRT days either removed the tcase motor or front driveshaft to drive in 2wd, he rolled his Jeep when he jumped on it and hit a slick patch. The traction control on these are based on AWD, the hellcats are setup for 2wd, so I think there were be a difference in how the traction control and torque mgmt is programmed to operate.

I haven't read a thing about that and if they did, they would've announced it. The hellcat is already beefed up compared to the 6.4. Tuning is tuning, a good tuner will be able to read the data and make changes based on that. If the injectors are already close to max duty cycle, they would tell you. The tune from the factory is more of a safe tune since it has to work reliably in a wide set of environments, you can usually get some efficiencies when the tune is tweaked to your specific vehicle. That said, would I jeopardize my powertrain warranty for a couple horsepower? No.
Also, completely opposite of everything the TRX is, I have seen some people get tunes to get better gas mileage (reduce throttle sensitivity, increase traction control, etc..)
General speaking the connecting rods are likely more beefed up as the truck being 6400lbs curb, plus a tow rating of basically 8-9k exceeds what I'd expect from a traditional hellcat motor that only is moving 4-5klbs.

General speaking the connecting rods are likely more beefed up as the truck being 6400lbs curb, plus a tow rating of basically 8-9k exceeds what I'd expect from a traditional hellcat motor that only is moving 4-5klbs.
The trackhawk is over 5k and can tow and no changes were made for that. I mean it si possible, but unlikely if you ask me.

Bambi already established max HP is 900 without E85 or methanol injection. How is Hennessey getting to 1000?

And there are no 2021 PCM available and no one has cracked it yet either. So how is Hennessey going to tune it.

Be very cautious. Law suites against Hennessey. Bad news. Never give all the money up front, if any, until truck is completed. Do your truck in little steps, one building on the next. These so called home runs usually end up very problematic.

So you can see from the 2 quick links I looked up, this has been going on from 2002 to 2016. Go pull up public records from every state and you will be shocked at the number of BBB complaint and law suits.

In the viper club: Hennessey = con man Satan.

Buyer be ware.
not sure where you are getting your info but there are a number of tuned trx's running around (HP tuners unlocked ecu)

Hennessey info is correct tho, they are dirt bags

Rear wheel drive with the Tazer?? Very cool
+1 to this, spoke with him yesterday on the matter. he had links to show that the transfer case had the means to be put in to 2wd from the manufacturer, ram just coded that out in the trx's.

The trackhawk is over 5k and can tow and no changes were made for that. I mean it si possible, but unlikely if you ask me.
I understand, but there's a reason this truck was not marketed as a Hellcat powered truck. Rather a "supercharged 6.2l".

I understand, but there's a reason this truck was not marketed as a Hellcat powered truck. Rather a "supercharged 6.2l".
From my understanding the only reason was the trademark issue between Dodge and Ram. Dodge owns the mark, so technically Ram couldn’t use it. Cheers

It was on a trackhawk forum and various fb pages. I didn't keep track of them, just stuff I saw while reading through. I'm not 100% sold on it being an issue considering how many have been sold vs reports of issues.

I could buy that, 700HP.

50% to rear = 350HP
50% to front=350HP

RWD = 100% to rear.

Does anyone really believe the TRX rear end components is the same strength as a Redeye challenger 2WD. Why would you put in a 800 HP rear diff, gears and half shafts, if its only going to get half of that? Maybe I am wrong.

I predict if this module happens, the rear end components could start breaking. Your exceeding the design limitations. Only time will tell.

If anything, with no real weight in back and most of weight in front, the front would get more of the HP load, once rear wheel slip starts?

Launch at 4200, rear chips a 1/4 second and power transfers to front.

Last edited:
I could buy that, 700HP.

50% to rear = 350HP
50% to front=350HP

RWD = 100% to rear.

Does anyone really believe the TRX rear end components is the same strength as a Redeye challenger 2WD. Why would you put in a 800 HP rear diff, gears and half shafts, if its only going to get half of that? Maybe I am wrong.

I predict if this module happens, the rear end components could start breaking. Your exceeding the design limitations. Only time will tell.

If anything, with no real weight in back and most of weight in front, the front would get more of the HP load, once rear wheel slip starts?

Launch at 4200, rear chips a 1/4 second and power transfers to front.
even if it does the aftermarket will catch up quickly with upgrades if they are not already in the works.

I could buy that, 700HP.

50% to rear = 350HP
50% to front=350HP

RWD = 100% to rear.

Does anyone really believe the TRX rear is the same strength as a Redeye challenger 2WD. Why would you put in a 800 HP rear diff, gears and half shafts, if its only going to get half of that.

The TRX is not always a 50/50 split AWD. Sport/Baja mode puts about 80% to the rear, and you can definitely feel a difference. Doing donuts in the dirt or snow is simple in those modes, a little trickier in mud/sand (50/50) or Auto (which I think leans toward 60R/40F). The rear axle and drive shaft are surprisingly beefy in this truck, and look like they could handle 100% of the 600ish hp that makes it that far.

Prepped sticky track, slicks, 2wd mode, locked axle, and boosted launch might end up breaking a rear driveshaft, but that also happens in the Charger/Challengers who are always RWD.

Makes absolutely no since. FCA has rights and SRT is it's own division.... was .
Yeah, except that Ram split as it’s own entity a few years ago and that’s what happens when they are technically not a part of the Dodge group anymore. Cheers

Back