RAVELCO THREAD

My experience has been absolutely contrary. Communication has been nothing short of perfect, my installation is tomorrow morning at my home. Chuck installing mine apparently has the most experience of any installers aligned with Ravelco and has been one of the most genuine, courteous people I’ve ever spoken to, emailed, or texted. Not sure what’s so ugly about it, it can’t really be seen when driving or with the door closed. My installed price with tax is ~$675 at my house. My installer stated he would work with me on locations but I’m inclined to just go with the traditional location shown above. There’s one pic above of the cap painted back and the device installed in the leather panel, not sure how it gets much better than that if that’s the location of choice.

I believe there are separate entities, the manufacturer Ravelco, and their approved installers.....

My experience has absolutely contrary. Communication has been nothing short of perfect, my installation is tomorrow morning at my home. Chuck installing mine apparently has the most experience of any installers aligned with Ravelco and has been one of the most genuine, courteous people I’ve ever spoken to, emailed, or texted. Not sure what’s so ugly about it, it can’t really be seen when driving or with the door closed. My installed price with tax is ~$675 at my house. My installer stated he would work with me on locations but I’m inclined to just go with the traditional location shown above. There’s one pic above of the cap painted back and the device installed in the leather panel, not sure how it gets much better than that if that’s the location of choice.

I believe there are separate entities, the manufacturer Ravelco, and their approved installers.....

I always likes good story. I hope all goes well . Please show us a pic when done. Like I said before I normally don’t post negative stuff but his comments wer so over the top it just stood out.ask your installer why they don’t flush mount these devices. The owner tried to bullshit an electrical engineer and that was his first mistake. I have some audio guys in my area that refuse to sell their product. These audio guys work miricles when it comes to putting in two 15 inch speakers and making it look factory. That why I was so surprised he could not or would not entertain mounting these in a harder than normal location.

My experience has been absolutely contrary. Communication has been nothing short of perfect, my installation is tomorrow morning at my home. Chuck installing mine apparently has the most experience of any installers aligned with Ravelco and has been one of the most genuine, courteous people I’ve ever spoken to, emailed, or texted. Not sure what’s so ugly about it, it can’t really be seen when driving or with the door closed. My installed price with tax is ~$675 at my house. My installer stated he would work with me on locations but I’m inclined to just go with the traditional location shown above. There’s one pic above of the cap painted back and the device installed in the leather panel, not sure how it gets much better than that if that’s the location of choice.

Please post your experiences after your installation tomorrow. I live in PA and have Chuck scheduled for my install on the 28th of this month. I would love to see pics of the finished product also.

I will also comment that Chuck spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me and could not have been more courteous, professional and patient with my seemingly stupid questions.

I always likes good story. I hope all goes well . Please show us a pic when done. Like I said before I normally don’t post negative stuff but his comments wer so over the top it just stood out.ask your installer why they don’t flush mount these devices. The owner tried to bullshit an electrical engineer and that was his first mistake. I have some audio guys in my area that refuse to sell their product. These audio guys work miricles when it comes to putting in two 15 inch speakers and making it look factory. That why I was so surprised he could not or would not entertain mounting these in a harder than normal location.
Damn spell check again , sorry guys for the backwards typo errors. I promise I have all my teeth and such. Lol

I will post my installation experience tomorrow.

You are an electrical engineer, and Army. You might say I have an affiliation with both having done that time.

From where did you receive your EE degree and Army time? We may know each other,...

Please post your experiences after your installation tomorrow. I live in PA and have Chuck scheduled for my install on the 28th of this month. I would love to see pics of the finished product also.

I will also comment that Chuck spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me and could not have been more courteous, professional and patient with my seemingly stupid questions.
My experience has been exactly as above about Chuck. My email/text experience could not be better. He is profoundly courteous in his responses so far. I literally could not ask for a better experience (so far).

More to come with installation tomorrow.

I got my own security for my truck
71D19108-B5B7-487D-975C-7CC8B12F2175.jpeg
6EF27F7C-0D59-4725-AED2-1300E85CC3BE.jpeg

Very similar to my experience, but with “Rick” in the Az/CA region. The install process and attention to detail and communications were just as professional. Loving my unit and feeling much safer. 👍

I will post my installation experience tomorrow.

You are an electrical engineer, and Army. You might say I have an affiliation with both having done that time.

From where did you receive your EE degree and Army time? We may know each other,...

Chuck installed my Ravelco device today, here's my overall experience:

I emailed them Friday late evening, I received an email within the hour with information. Chuck actually called me Saturday morning to discuss my needs. Monday morning at 0730 I received email confirmation of my install date on Thursday (today) at my home in Maryland. I also received a text alerting me to the appointment email.

Chuck texted me today when we was 2 hours away, then again when he was 10 minutes out. Chuck and his partner Megan arrived at the exact time promised. We discussed the install, I left them alone and they went to work.

He installed mine in the location shown several times above, but rather than the cap visible and facing the seat, he did a vertical installation where i install the cap from the bottom. The device literally cannot be seen unless you put your head down in the footwell and look up for it. There is a black covering matching the OEM wire looming that covers much of the metal shielded harness. Installation looks like RAM did it.

Chuck is a great, energetic guy full of stories. He's very appreciative, truly loves what he does and is a wealth of knowledge about hardening vehicles. They even texted me after leaving thanking me for the opportunity.

From the communication, to installation quality, to knowledge transfer at the end I literally do not know how my experience could have been any better with Chuck and Megan. As they left we joked that his phone will be blowing up with more TRX installs. He knows me as John with the Black TRX in Southern Maryland.

good luck....

Last edited:

I emailed them Friday late evening, I received an email within the hour with information. Chuck actually called me Saturday morning to discuss my needs. Monday morning at 0730 I received email confirmation of my install date on Thursday (today) at my home in Maryland. I also received a text alerting me to the appointment email.

Chuck texted me today when we was 2 hours away, then again when he was 10 minutes out. Chuck and his partner Megan arrived at the exact time promised. We discussed the install, I left them alone and they went to work.

He installed mine in the location shown several times above, but rather than the cap visible and facing the seat, he did a vertical installation where i install the cap from the bottom. The device literally cannot be seen unless you put your head down in the footwell and look up for it. There is a black covering matching the OEM wire looming that covers much of the metal shielded harness. Installation looks like RAM did it.

Chuck is a great, energetic guy full of stories. He's very appreciative, truly loves what he does and is a wealth of knowledge about hardening vehicles. They even texted me after leaving thanking me for the opportunity.

From the communication, to installation quality, to knowledge transfer at the end I literally do not know how my experience could have been any better with Chuck and Megan. As they left we joked that his phone will be blowing up with more TRX installs. He knows me as John with the Black TRX in Southern Maryland.

good luck....
I like that...the vertical hidden installation. Probably makes it a little tough to line up the plug when you pop it in, but I suppose that can be done before hopping up in the truck.

good luck....
Love the story. Now I know what to expect in a couple of weeks when I get mine done from chuck.

If you are able to include a pic of the install spot and different orientation that would be great. Thanks again for the write up.

Love the story. Now I know what to expect in a couple of weeks when I get mine done from chuck.

If you are able to include a pic of the install spot and different orientation that would be great. Thanks again for the write up.
Getting dark now, I'll take some pics tomorrow. Not much to see. ☺️

And a pro tip from Chuck, he provided carabiners to attach the cups to my keychains but I wanted something smaller. He said the best keychain couplers that don't break are made by Victorinox (Swiss Army Knife), are all stainless and made in Switzerland. I ordered (3) on Amazon.

Last edited:
Back