Raptor owner thinking of switching to the TRX

$Mikeadams$

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford raptor and others
Hello everyone I would like to say thank you to everyone posting all the great information this will be my first time ever joining a form I currently live in Maine and I drive a Ford raptor 2020 and to be honest with you it’s been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned but I just can’t stop looking at the TRX

As Nike made famous in the nineties, “Just do it”! Seriously, you’ll find many previous Raptor owners on here. You’ll love the TRX. Welcome to the group!

I have a 2020 Raptor as well and can't wait for the TRX to arrive. The Raptor's been a rock but just never loved it. Even on an E50 tune just "meh." Can't wait to be back in a V8. Make the switch!

Hello everyone I would like to say thank you to everyone posting all the great information this will be my first time ever joining a form I currently live in Maine and I drive a Ford raptor 2020 and to be honest with you it’s been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned but I just can’t stop looking at the TRX
I know she sexy o_O

1642210293562.png

I have owned three Raptors but switched to RAM three years ago when Ford would not let me order a sunroof on my fourth SuperCab order...As for the TRX, just one quick drive in a friends TRX was all it took, this truck is on a whole different level...Never been more excited over a new order, now if they will just hurry up and get it built!!!

I had a 2019 Raptor my first pick up truck for personal use not for business, I have a few complaints but the fun that I had with it overcompensate for the flaws, I wasn't expecting to sell it but with this crazy market I had an offer I couldn't refuse. I missed it dearly but you can see the excitement this TRX cause on everyone so let's see.

I sold my 2020 Rapid Red Raptor in June and ordered the 2022 TRX. The TRX is hands down better. It feels bigger, drives as good or better on everyday roads, Launches like a Supercar and actually surprised the shidt out of me when I finally got past the break-in mileage and was able to do a WOT run. I swear it felt faster than my 2015 Mercedes AMG CLS 63 S.

This truck is awesome.

TRXs are awesome, Raptors are awesome too. Get the truck that gives YOU the best ride and fulfills your own personal needs.
We outta go after the truck not brand. No judgment here, all truck lovers.
Welcome

I went from a 2020 Raptor to my 2021 TRX. While I prefer the TRX in most ways, the Raptor has a couple things going for it that you’ll want to consider:
- The Fuel Economy in the TRX is poor at best. I don’t drive a ton of miles, so not a big concern for me, but it is something to consider. With winter fuel I’m currently averaging just under 10mpg with strictly in town driving.
- The Raptor is lighter, and you’ll notice the weigh differences when diving into a corner or getting on the brakes. If you’re blasting through sand dunes the extra weight might be an issue.

The TRX is my favorite vehicle I‘ve ever owned at this point. I’m a truck guy, and I just don’t know what’s out there that will do the things I need out of a truck, and be this fun to drive everyday?

Still waiting for my TRX, but I own a 2013 Roush Raptor. 590 hp, 590 ft-lbs torque. By far thee best truck I have ever owned! Rock solid for 90k miles, rides great, and oh my god the performance with the stock 4.11 rear end! I would buy a new one in a minute...if it had the same engine...

I went from a 2020 Raptor to my 2021 TRX. While I prefer the TRX in most ways, the Raptor has a couple things going for it that you’ll want to consider:
- The Fuel Economy in the TRX is poor at best. I don’t drive a ton of miles, so not a big concern for me, but it is something to consider. With winter fuel I’m currently averaging just under 10mpg with strictly in town driving.
- The Raptor is lighter, and you’ll notice the weigh differences when diving into a corner or getting on the brakes. If you’re blasting through sand dunes the extra weight might be an issue.

The TRX is my favorite vehicle I‘ve ever owned at this point. I’m a truck guy, and I just don’t know what’s out there that will do the things I need out of a truck, and be this fun to drive everyday?
First thing I noticed was the front end weight and cornering/turning

I just sold my 2018 Raptor, and waiting on TRX. Phasers replaced at 35K miles, 13 recalls, goofy a** transmission reprogrammed like 10 times, hot start issue after they fixed the phasers (prob a mix of fuel injector carbon build up and the cam driven pump dropping pressure at the rails). I wouldn’t worry about the RAM…I’d worry about the Raptor.🤣 Hello fellow Adams

I just sold my 2018 Raptor, and waiting on TRX. Phasers replaced at 35K miles, 13 recalls, goofy a** transmission reprogrammed like 10 times, hot start issue after they fixed the phasers (prob a mix of fuel injector carbon build up and the cam driven pump dropping pressure at the rails). I wouldn’t worry about the RAM…I’d worry about the Raptor.🤣 Hello fellow Adams
If you don’t sell it I have a COBB ECU/Transmission Accessport with less than a month use on it.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back