RAM TRX Wheel Specs

I was going to drive the heck out of these before an upgrade but curious to hear what the specifics are and see the final result.

I'd like to add 15" Brembos along with some larger wheels.

The damn brakes on this truck,,,, hahaha,,, too big for real wheels...
17"s will fit with enough grinding....I hope

Anyone know where to get the OEM wheel specs?
Ordering custom wheels and need to determine offset

Thanks
I am very interested in this as well as I am planning on running street performance wheels and tires and saving the OEM wheels and tires for any offroad trips and winter when traction and speeds will be less.....That being said I haven't found anything official but using computer software from pictures of the actual trucks (not the computer renderings) the best I can tell is the lug pattern is 6x5.5 with 5" backspacing on the stock 18x9 wheels. I obviously wouldn't order anything based off of this information but you can at least use it to shop around for wheels you like that will likely work for when you get official confirmation

Hoping to see some information on this soon.

After spending time with the TRX and FCA engineers, Patrick Rall posted on Facebook that the factory wheels have 19.05mm offset.

After spending time with the TRX and FCA engineers, Patrick Rall posted on Facebook that the factory wheels have 19.05mm offset.
Ok, now we are gettting somewhere. So with this information, what BS are people planning on going too?

Ok, now we are gettting somewhere. So with this information, what BS are people planning on going too?
I'll probably look for close to a zero offset - a little more stance but not out past the fenders

Great info on the 19mm offset.

So a 0 offset would push the wheels out .75".

We need a good shot for the back of the truck..I don't know if that will bring them to flush.

May need to be 1.25"

Attachments

• 2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg
    2021-ram-1500-trx.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Great info on the 19mm offset.

So a 0 offset would push the wheels out .75".

We need a good shot for the back of the truck..I don't know if that will bring them to flush.

May need to be 1.25"
Just keep in mind, and I’m sure everyone has, with the suspension travel at full compression a tire that is flush with the bedside may easily touch the exterior of the wheel well. Can see in the videos of jumping and articulation that the wheels use the inside of the wheel well quite a bit.

How about bolt pattern?

Video mostly on suspension but there is some good views that might be helpful for deciding what wheels you want to upgrade to but the front brakes seem to be the limiting factor that won't allow 17" wheels....Also he put one on the scale and the wheel tire combo came in at 103.5 pounds?!?!?!?!?

Video mostly on suspension but there is some good views that might be helpful for deciding what wheels you want to upgrade to but the front brakes seem to be the limiting factor that won't allow 17" wheels....Also he put one on the scale and the wheel tire combo came in at 103.5 pounds?!?!?!?!?

That’s a great vid. Looking forward to him doing the flex test.

And they are 6 lug wheels. I wasn’t sure if they were 5 or 6 but now I am. Getting closer to dialing in the aftermarket wheels selection. Just need a truck to put them on.

Those beadlock "capable" wheels weigh a ton. The 17" Raptor version weighs about 37lbs so I'm guessing these are close to 40lbs or more. There are some good flow form wheels out there that are high 20's low 30s or we've done a few sets of Velgen Forged that are 22-23lbs in the 18x9 size. So there is plenty weight to shed from the wheel itself. The tire seems like it'll be pretty light compared to others in it size so there won't be a ton of weight to shed on the tire.

Those beadlock "capable" wheels weigh a ton. The 17" Raptor version weighs about 37lbs so I'm guessing these are close to 40lbs or more. There are some good flow form wheels out there that are high 20's low 30s or we've done a few sets of Velgen Forged that are 22-23lbs in the 18x9 size. So there is plenty weight to shed from the wheel itself. The tire seems like it'll be pretty light compared to others in it size so there won't be a ton of weight to shed on the tire.
I think in that video he weighed the wheel and tire, and it was 100lb.

How much of an Improvement in 0-60 do you think would come from a few pounds off the rotating mass with a lighter wheel setup?

Back