Nitro

Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
ram-trx-aug18-preorder.png

According to the RAM launch video, dealers will be able to start taking orders tomorrow August 18th, 2020. Who's ready?!

Already got my build... :) Hoping to get the order in tomorrow.... Will see I guess...

I'm trying for tomorrow as well. Ryan, "already got my build", is there somewhere to do that or are you just saying you know what you want?

Well, I've designed it... still trying to get the PDF created is all so I can get it to my dealer this afternoon/tomorrow for when their order books open

What kind of negotiated price are we all striving for? I aint paying MSRP if they are saying if you want one we'll build it! Gotta believe they want all the orders they can get post COVID!?

If they want MSRP or over, I'll buy new tires for my current truck and wait it out a few months/year.

I have two different dealers that I am trying to work with on this. Will see what they say tomorrow - frankly I knew more than they did as they only got the emails on this today and hadn’t read them yet. Are you looking at the special Launch trim ?

I am not... Unfortunately that seems to be the case with a lot of this. Passion and desire for something tend to outweigh the day to day if the other end isn't as engaged as you are.

Called two dealers and both are morons. One had no clue and asked if I was calling about a Gladiator. The same dealer has the highest volume sales in the mid atlantic. If I was that bad at my job I wouldn't have one. The second said they have no clue on info or pricing but were going to ask for markup.

Ha - yea same thing at one of the dealer's I called. But finally got to the guy in charge of truck sales and it was a whole different discussion. I am number 2 on his list. Calling me tomorrow to place to the order.

Ha - yea same thing at one of the dealer's I called. But finally got to the guy in charge of truck sales and it was a whole different discussion. I am number 2 on his list. Calling me tomorrow to place to the order.
Did they say MSRP or do you have to pay markup? That's my main question and they cant seem to answer that.

Did they say MSRP or do you have to pay markup? That's my main question and they cant seem to answer that.

My guess you'll see some pushback for MSRP or more for the first 702 launch editions. After that i hope its fair game!

My dealer in NorCal is saying that they will not take orders until August 24, they only are allocated one TRX, and they are opening the ask at$15k over MRSP. What are others hearing?

Must be a small dealer or it's their assumed LE.... there seems to be confusion with FCA's messaging to the dealers.... or they are all playing games already. As well there (how I have no idea) is confusion around LE vs the rest of the trims in general availability messaging. Best I can put together.. the 702 LE's will be allocated this week starting tomorrow sometime, most likely at a premium, but I'm not looking for an LE so I can't confirm that. The best I can tell via the rumor mill is that the following week, the rest of the trx trims can be ordered.

Some dealers will be solid and some will be schmucks and charge a premium.

Your mileage may vary..... :)

I just ordered mine and put money down. It was confirmed that I am 100% getting one of the first run, but not a Launch Edition. SO PUMPED! Paying MSRP even. I've been bugging my dealership for 4 years since the concept truck came out in Fall of 2016. I ALMOST didn't put my supercharger in my 5.7 1500 because I thought it may be coming out soon. That was spring of 2017. Glad I didn't wait! Now, I wish I could just fast forward time to the point that it is in my driveway.

I called dealers, story here is that they are taking orders on launch edition today, non-launch edition Monday. Dealers are only going to allocated one. So my appointment is first thing Monday AM. No word on price but hoping for MSRP, though doubtful given allocation.

My dealer called me yesterday and said they are taking pre-orders today.

I did tell them I will not pay a dime over MSRP. He said, "Oh, I'll have to call you back."

Haven't heard from him.....

i was first on list at my dealer but their first allocation is a launch edition. they said possibly the 24 they could place my order. not a fan of the anvil grey, and other "standard" options on the launch. red accents interior with that exterior doesnt seem right. plus ive never been a fan of graphics on bed. was hoping for a feew more color choices, especially that red from the concept truck. going with billet silver. anybody have thoughts on HUD? flip flopping on that option.

Congrats N8er on your MRSP purchase and thanks for the feedback everyone - very useful. I am still calling dealers and many have no idea what their approach currently is.

And just a dentist - I like the HUD. Had it on a Denali and it was useful instead of looking down at the cluster to see how fast you are going or what the next turn is on the NAV.

i was first on list at my dealer but their first allocation is a launch edition. they said possibly the 24 they could place my order. not a fan of the anvil grey, and other "standard" options on the launch. red accents interior with that exterior doesnt seem right. plus ive never been a fan of graphics on bed. was hoping for a feew more color choices, especially that red from the concept truck. going with billet silver. anybody have thoughts on HUD? flip flopping on that option.

The HUD just seems like something that could break down. Not sure it adds a ton of value or functionality IMHO.

Like you, not a fan of the bed graphics and wish we weren't forced to get two two (unless you go all black).

But overrall happy with the look and performance numbers.

Back