HOT! RAM TRX Forum January 2022 Giveaway - Smiles Per Gallon

First off, I don’t have my truck, yet. Ordered in December. BUT…I’ve been wanting this truck since before it was actually on the market. I’ve never owned a truck before, but I have been telling everyone that I was going to get this truck for over a year. The only other vehicle that I’ve felt like this about was the only other new car I bought: a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V and it was the best car I’ve ever owned (it was totaled by someone cutting me off turning into an apartment complex). I was expecting to keep that car forever and I plan on keeping this truck forever. It’s everything that I’ve wanted: style, luxury, speed, capable of going anywhere, and will easily fit my three kids. I smile reading every article and watching every video about it without even owning it!

I live in the Seattle area on the east side. On my way home there are a couple of places where there are two lanes that merge into one a few hundred yards after a stop light. Almost everyone stays in the left lane while also trying to prevent right lane drivers from merging. I like to tell my passengers, “Let’s not fight about it. I’ll go first.” And then I proceed to absolutely crush all of the Karens in the left lane who are howling at me from the right lane…but from somewhere in my rear view mirror 😎

I have enough forum hats and tumblers, so please afford the opportunity to a much more worthy soul.
But this made me smile back in May:
I came out of the CA DMV while attempting to register my out-of-state TRX (failed) and seen two gents taking pics of my truck. I auto-started it to surprise them. If you turn the stupid horn beeping noise off it is easier to startle folks, they see the lights flash but they do not expect the exhaust note. They both told me they were just admiring the truck and did not touch it 🤔
At which point I thought that either my cats were gone or they were telling the truth. I went with the latter and told them both to jump in and lets go for a ride. We did a 2 mile hate run around Compton while they recorded it. It was kind of spectacular to be honest. I dropped them back off at the DMV and they both had the look on their face like what the f^ck just happened. I Just drove away smiling 🙂.

I had the first TRX shipped to Arkansas, (conveniently, I know the guy that tracks those type of things). Coming up on 1 year of ownership and just rolled over 15K so I’ve got plenty of seat time, some good stop light to stop light action and tons of smiles so far. LOTS of fuel stops which are just good times to meet others that admire the truck. A few months where my gas bill exceeded my truck payment but I wouldn’t change a thing, unless they release a red eye, and then my odometer starts over!

For me, the best thing about my TRX was finding/joining this forum and getting to know such a diverse group with one common interest, our passion for such a great truck! You are all some of the most impatient, whiney little bitc….. I mean greatest bunch I know! 😜

Since I ordered 12/31 I'm forced to live vicariously through my forum friends. Having had many big block chevies and buicks as well as a roush add on mustang I'm no stranger to power. It was either a red eye charger or this beast, the beast won out with sheer size and capabilities. Until then I can only dream of getting pusher further in my seat in my red Rex

Randomly yelling “DINOSAUR POWER” and flooring it. I probably think it’s funnier than my wife does. If I win the cup, I’ll give it to her for putting up with this nonsense.
"Randomly yelling “DINOSAUR POWER” and flooring it"

... if this quote doesn't win the prize I'm throwing a flag on the play.

I currently drive a 2020 Rebel. Any time I step on it my kids yell, from the back seat "HEMI!". Can't wait to teach them to holler "Dinosaur Power". The wifie is gonna love it ;)

Last edited:
What about the TRX makes me smile? Sitting in traffic and seeing a Raptor driver checking out the TRX and trying not to get caught staring. Then seeing the dejected look on their face when they catch a glimpse of the TRX interior and compare it to what they have.

The TRX brings me a smile because it represents a decade of sacrifice, hard work, and accomplishment. When my wife got pregnant with our son, we knew my current Chevy Volt (no center seat) and old 97 Ram 2500 weren't ideal for having a car seat in so we just planned on using her Kia Optima. We just bought a house, about to have a baby, and working our butts off to set our son up to have the best life. We agreed that a new vehicle for me would wait until we hit a career milestone that I was fortunate to hit in 2021. Now that my TRX is here, my 10 month old sits in the back seat comfortably and loves when the engine roars. My wife, who doesn't care about cars, asks to drive at any chance possible and now we share another thing together.

The TRX is more than just a capable offroader that can do 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. It brings me a smile because it shows that my wife's and my hard work has paid off and we and or son deserve nothing but the best.

It's time to kick off the first forum giveaway of 2022! You could win one of these awesome, one of a kind, RAM-TRX Forum hats and a RAM-TRX Forum 20oz tumblers with a light grey powder coat finish that delivers the same rugged durability as the TRX! :cool:

How do I win, you ask?
It's been said on here many times, you don't buy the TRX for the miles per gallon, it's all about the smiles per gallon. Well, simply reply to this thread and let us know what about the TRX gives you that big ol' smile.

I'll leave this thread open for 5 days and randomly pick a winner on January 17th. Good luck!
The whine of that supercharger

It’s my first brand new vehicle, my first V8 and being that I work for a CDJR dealer I finally get to represent my brand. I love the power, the sound, the look… everything. I’m obsessed. 🥰
Your first V8 is a 702hp supercharged Hellcat? No wading into the shallow end of the pool for you... just straight off the cliffs into the deep ocean. Brave girl. 😄

I still smile every time I listen to a cold start and every time I drive it!! There is a tunnel through the mountain that I love to roll down the windows, open the back window, put it in sport mode, and hammer it! That is my biggest smiles per gallon! :cool:(y)

Clearly from all the comments this truck puts smiles on a lot of folks. I have a 2015 Laramie, which i have really enjoyed. The new design of the Ram's kept me from ordering a new one until I saw the TRX. Made me smile!! and I should finally see it in February. Ordered it in July so this smiley face has been on hold for 7 months.:)

Everything about the truck makes me smile :) but here are some highlights:

The waking up the neighbors with cold starts;
Increasing the carbon foot print;
Supporting our oil and refineries;
Pulling up beside a Raptor driver and smile at him;
Blowing away Raptors;
Reading whining a__ FRF members post about how their Raptor got beat by Hyundai;
Posting meme and comments to stir the pot (friendly banting)over at the FRF;
Watching the gas gauge when putting down the hammer;
Taking young kids for a ride (priceless);
The wife whine over the supercharger whine about how fast I drive it; and
Going to bed knowing a new day will starts with a cold start. :D

PS I know the contest is over, I just posted this for fun...

Last edited:
Haven’t gotten mine yet but can’t get enough of the cold start ups.

Everything about the truck makes me smile :) but here are some highlights:

The waking up the neighbors with cold starts;
Increasing the carbon foot print;
Supporting our oil and refineries;
Pulling up beside a Raptor driver and smile at him;
Blowing away Raptors;
Reading whining a__ FRF members post about how their Raptor got beat by Hyundai;
Posting meme and comments to stir the pot (friendly banting)over at the FRF;
Watching the gas gauge when putting down the hammer;
Taking young kids for a ride (priceless);
The wife whine over the supercharger whine about how fast I drive it; and
Going to bed knowing a new day will starts with a cold start. :D

PS I know the contest is over, I just posted this for fun...
is it possible to have a Canadian spirit person? This speaks to my soul :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back