RAM TRX Deal Breaker?

Nitro

Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
What would be a deal breaker on buying a RAM TRX? Horsepower, Suspension, Towing, MPG, Exterior Colors, Price, etc?

Back in 1991 they came out with the Bugatti EB110, with 553 hp. everybody thought they were going to die. Now, a hypercar needs at least 3 times that to be considered cool.

1) Dealer markups
2) Electrification

1. Ridiculous mark up/ pricing
2. Reduced tow rating
What good is a truck if you can’t afford toys to go with it and be able to tow them around?

2. Reduced tow rating
What good is a truck if you can’t afford toys to go with it and be able to tow them around?
The truck IS the toy. It will have a reduced tow rating. The off-road suspension required will not have as high a tow rating as a standard V-6 Ram 1500. The Raptor has a tow rating of 8,000 lbs. I suspect the TRX to have a similar rating for the same reasons (much softer suspension to handle high speed off road conditions).

I agree, this would keep me on the sidelines for a while. When Ford released the 2017 Raptors, those were going for a crazy amount over MSRP. 3 years later and I'm seeing $6000-$8000 off and many sitting on dealer lots.

The truck IS the toy. It will have a reduced tow rating. The off-road suspension required will not have as high a tow rating as a standard V-6 Ram 1500. The Raptor has a tow rating of 8,000 lbs. I suspect the TRX to have a similar rating for the same reasons (much softer suspension to handle high speed off road conditions).
I agree that the truck is the toy. I’ll be using it to have the fun I’m after. Sure it will serve some typical pickup duties at times, but for heavy towing or hauling needs, the 3500 turbo diesel is my workhorse.

Markup and possibly if they don't accept corporate discounts

Markup and possibly if they don't accept corporate discounts
You can forget discounts on this. Same for Trackhawk and anything with SRT badges. If

Insane dealer mark ups or lack of solid shock package. I'm down in Baja prerunning, chasing, etc several times a year and would love something that can handle those things out of the box.

Deal breaker for me will be when dealers try to hold massive markups. I just hope one or two won’t.
If they do that during a pandemic will look really bad and if they want to take on the raptor they need to put out some volume

1-Dealer Markup
2- 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor (price/Specification package)

My guess is the SCV8 Raptor will be harder to get than the TRX with Ford being tight-lipped about production numbers and dealer allocations being very small. At least RAM claims, up front, they will not limit production. I'm a Ford loyalist but what went on with ADM when the GT350 came out was sickening.

Last edited:
Dealer mark-ups.

Closest dealers said $5k=$15K mark-up.

Dealer in Bellevue, Washington is doing a $20K mark-up! That's insane!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back