RAM TRX 0-60mph 1/4 mile times

Nitro

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 RAM 2500 Diesel
We know this truck is going to put out some serious horsepower. What do you think the 0-60mph & quarter mile times are going to be?

The thought of a serious off-roader that annihilates most cars at the drag strip is awesome. Not to mention a comfortable family hauler at that :)

VoiceOfReason

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa
Military
United States Marine Corps, 2nd Force Reconnaissance Co. 1991-1994
I thought I saw estimates of high 3 second 0-60 times (the thing does weigh roughly 6,000 lbs). Quarter mile?
I had compared the horsepower to weight ratio of the TRX and a Scat Pack Challenger and the TRX was slightly higher (if I recall), so around the same as a 392.
The 4WD will help off the line, but the off road tires (heavy rotating mass) will slow things down considerably.

ryancassidy

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram1500, GLC63
I'd guess is lower 5's. My GLC63 does it in 3.6-3.8, but its way more tuned for that type of activity. I don't think the TRX will be that hooked up off the line. Needs more weight on the rear, sticker tires etc etc.

VoiceOfReason

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa
Military
United States Marine Corps, 2nd Force Reconnaissance Co. 1991-1994
I'd guess is lower 5's. My GLC63 does it in 3.6-3.8, but its way more tuned for that type of activity. I don't think the TRX will be that hooked up off the line. Needs more weight on the rear, sticker tires etc etc.
AWD - it will hook up fairly well from the line, so I’m confident it will easily get under 5.
Hopefully we’ll know soon.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com