Ram Revolution! Your electric truck future

One HUGE issue that is missed, when the fanboys talk about their beloved EVs and how they will replace ALL vehicles on the road. That PESKY little 3-4% number......after 15-20 years on the market EVs account for less than 4% of all vehicle sales in the USA.......and EVs account for less than 1% of all vehicles on the road.
In other words, NO ONE wants them!

Hypothetical: Using the number of new cars sold in the USA each year:
IF all Mfgs switched to only selling EVs tomorrow.......and consumers bought only EVs......it would take over 20 YEARS to replace all the cars on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simply put, ICE vehicles will be around for a LONG LONG LONG time. The 5-10 year nonsense from politicians is just that, complete nonsense (surprise)!

If I’m not misreading, he said “Global Warming”, but you then said “Climate Change”. Why?

Look at the size difference between the US and Norway. I get that some affluent engineers living in a ski chalet may have a little bit longer commute but there are millions of Americans that live in BFE where EVs are completely useless. The simple fact is that government should not be in the business of picking winners and losers. Let the market get what it wants so we don’t leave half the country in a bind due to one size fits all policies.
Norway gets over 90% of its power from hydroelectric, the USA generates 7% of its power from hydroelectric....... Huge difference and it seems like more and more people want to also eliminate all the dams in the usa. I'm currently in Norway on vacation. Everything vehicle wise is small and not a lot of them. No parking readily available, tiny parking garages and very expensive to park......everything is very expensive here.

Need Greater energy density batteries for 1 thing, charging is improving, but chargers need to be as ubiquitous as gas pumps

Norway gets over 90% of its power from hydroelectric, the USA generates 7% of its power from hydroelectric....... Huge difference and it seems like more and more people want to also eliminate all the dams in the usa. I'm currently in Norway on vacation. Everything vehicle wise is small and not a lot of them. No parking readily available, tiny parking garages and very expensive to park......everything is very expensive here.
You should’ve taken your TRX over there and really leaned into the “typical American” stereotype. The truck bed probably isn’t big enough to hold all the women throwing themselves at you though. Save some ladies for the rest of them I guess.

Need range of 300+ miles with a full loaded payload and max trailer, and charge time of 15 mins, current EV trucks will get 100 miles usable range, charging to 75-80% and than good luck finding a pull through charger or having to separate the trailer each 1.5 hr and than waiting 30 min at least 🤣

Need range of 300+ miles with a full loaded payload and max trailer, and charge time of 15 mins, current EV trucks will get 100 miles usable range, charging to 75-80% and than good luck finding a pull through charger or having to separate the trailer each 1.5 hr and than waiting 30 min at least 🤣
Too bad we won’t make it to the future to find out if this is possible because the world ended about 12 years ago according to Al Gore.

The lack of a decent 'social contract' and code of conduct seems gone now... typically the pendulum swings, but the extreme these days takes on new levels. What we were once shocked by now is mainstream and any debate is shunned under the guise of 'extremism'/right wing or worse.

Years ago when I remarried, my wife asked that I join FB to she could alter her 'status'. At first it was entertaining, while not being sentimental and maintaining only a couple close friends... it was interesting to see former classmates/co-workers/etc. present day.

What was shocking however was the lack of genuine conversation, even healthy debate but more-so the toxic extremes some of our liberal acquaintances took things with little to no insight/factual knowledge nor depth. <- adding, the damn NextDoor neighborhood app. I also discovered is equally insane/many funny stories related!

Toss in the last election and then Covid... the insanity/neurotic behavior amplified, then I got a few warnings from FB (hehe). We mutually wiped all our social media content and walked away, sickened by revealed content/censorship that had no value add. As an immigrant/US Naturalized and literally 'bled' for the USA (on-duty injury/career ending), so much went against both our values but also what we hold dear about America. Comically with a hispanic wife/four kids with hilarity of assumptions of others during disputes like (legal) immigration are hilarious...

Me: You realize my wife is hispanic (Chilean) and our kids right? Did you know I'm an immigrant and that process?
Them: No way, she doesn't look hispanic neither do your kids. They are as white as you. Must have been easy then for you to move here....
Me: .................

Modern day issues/topical deflections in the news (as noted above) have changed relationships/even continued contact with some extended family members, (former) friends, co-workers/etc. Their commonality -> blind faith in the Government to 'take care/direct them' is insane (historically didn't play out too well for others either!) and often the decisions makers lack of immersion/experience or inquest into the root of many problems (mental health/border/etc) borders on criminal neglect.

I wore a badge (City/Federal Agent) for many years and having seen the insanity of the Public sector as well, have little to no faith in Gov. reliance or dependency... rather default to self-reliance for our family and loved ones moving forward.
All good points.

While it is much more complex (but I’m typing on my phone so I’ll keep this short), I believe this is largely the result of debates between ideologies shifting from “one side is right and one side is wrong” to “one side is evil and one side is just.” When the media, and politicians who are in bed with them, make their money from generating emotionally based conflict, convince their constituents that the opposing policy holders are actually evil instead of just holding a different opinion then this is the outcome.

How is your build going?
Parts are all here. But it’s 110+ deg right now and the garage doesn’t have AC. So the build will wait until either I get impatient and sweat it out or until the temps get back down to 100 or so. It’s not like you’re going to make good power in AZ in the summer anyway.

Parts are all here. But it’s 110+ deg right now and the garage doesn’t have AC. So the build will wait until either I get impatient and sweat it out or until the temps get back down to 100 or so. It’s not like you’re going to make good power in AZ in the summer anyway.
110 or even 100 is too hot for garage work! That like a sweat box they would lock the prisoners in!

It was 95 here, with 50 humidity (a lot for CO) an it SUCKS! Like you said, wait it out until it cools off !!!!!!

110 or even 100 is too hot for garage work! That like a sweat box they would lock the prisoners in!

It was 95 here, with 50 humidity (a lot for CO) an it SUCKS! Like you said, wait it out until it cools off !!!!!!

Last year I worked extensively on my 20' Rubicon in the garage (complete suspension, gears, HD front axle, bumpers winch, on-board air, exhaust, skid plates, lights, CAI) during July & August here in Phoenix/Scottsdale...At the time I was in a complex where HOA guidelines clearly stated your garage door had to be closed except for entry/exit, got more than a little toasty even in the evenings but got her done! Cracked the door a couple inches and used several fans...
When my new home if finally completed it will be the first time I have ever had a garage with a lift-no more laying on my back with a rig on jack stands!

Last year I worked extensively on my 20' Rubicon in the garage (complete suspension, gears, HD front axle, bumpers winch, on-board air, exhaust, skid plates, lights, CAI) during July & August here in Phoenix/Scottsdale...At the time I was in a complex where HOA guidelines clearly stated your garage door had to be closed except for entry/exit, got more than a little toasty even in the evenings but got her done! Cracked the door a couple inches and used several fans...
When my new home if finally completed it will be the first time I have ever had a garage with a lift-no more laying on my back with a rig on jack stands!
That will be awesome when it is done. I have done the garage work in the summer (including full paint corrections almost every summer) on the last 4-5 cars here in AZ but I’m finally saying I’m too old for that shit. Lol

All of this said, while I love the TRX, I hope that it is phased out this year so all of our trucks go the route of the viper and double in value. 💰

And who needs an EV when you have this… 😂

For the first time ever re: family vehicles, we plan to keep the TRX '4-Eva'... long enough to show the great grandchildren along with stories/memories even around a holographic camp-fire eating plankton one meal bars....and marking the 80yr anniversary of Fauci's arrest. :D

My take on the TRX vs. EV offerings in general: Years ago took a 'deep dive' into the Ride/Attraction industry, we were shopping for a landmark attraction that would create 'Intent to Return' at our largest retail shopping center. Met with some incredible people in Orlando, decades and decades of continued work with Disney/Universal/etc.

"Coasters are KING" is a popular mantra, especially those with all the right characteristics from speed to G's but also sound, even the speed (wind) on the riders face. It's an organic experience that triggers primitive needs in many for thrill (safely packaged for the masses). My pages of questions included many challenging this... 'well what about Virtual Reality? 4D rides? Didn't matter...the right combination at a Theme Park or other locale causes an incredible return rate (unlike a Ferris Wheel for example.. like the one in Orlando and Vegas). My buddy Dennis (www.interthemepark.com) in his senior years, comments weekly from USA Today to consulting worldwide. Daily drives one his C7/ZR1 or two C8 Corvettes with a C8 ZO6 on order...his proverbial 'roller coasters'. We've talked many times about this relationship and elation/even escapism it brings...

My Raptor Gen2 missed this mark, the 'soundtrack' was akin to dating an expensive but common model who in the heat of the moment/any pleasurable input (ahem, throttle) sounds like Fran Drescher's voice amplified through the cabin speakers. I'm sure we've all dated someone but could never get over that one major quirk (or a few) that took them out of long term contention... audio (voice/laughter) is a major one! LOL

Point is... EV's lack that emotional attachment, the accompanying soundtrack and mechanical shifting of gears... the varying behavior dependent on temperature/altitude but also payload. It's the culmination of ALL FACTORS that the TRX does exceptionally well (even better with the SLP Loudmouth's installed!) :D 🦖 Some seek that emotional attachment, the 'hair on your neck' during a cold start... but others don't consider transportation an activity they wish to take part in and would rather nap or text (foreshadowing, the decline in manual transmissions)? Even the 'touch points' in the cabin are done so well, they compliment the driver's experience.

In conclusion... EV enthusiasts therefore 'logically' procreate only out of necessity but never for recreation nor enjoyment!

Attachments

• Dennis ZR1.jpg
    Dennis ZR1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Dennis ZR1 side.jpg
    Dennis ZR1 side.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
For the first time ever re: family vehicles, we plan to keep the TRX '4-Eva'... long enough to show the great grandchildren along with stories/memories even around a holographic camp-fire eating plankton one meal bars....and marking the 80yr anniversary of Fauci's arrest. :D

My take on the TRX vs. EV offerings in general: Years ago took a 'deep dive' into the Ride/Attraction industry, we were shopping for a landmark attraction that would create 'Intent to Return' at our largest retail shopping center. Met with some incredible people in Orlando, decades and decades of continued work with Disney/Universal/etc.

"Coasters are KING" is a popular mantra, especially those with all the right characteristics from speed to G's but also sound, even the speed (wind) on the riders face. It's an organic experience that triggers primitive needs in many for thrill (safely packaged for the masses). My pages of questions included many challenging this... 'well what about Virtual Reality? 4D rides? Didn't matter...the right combination at a Theme Park or other locale causes an incredible return rate (unlike a Ferris Wheel for example.. like the one in Orlando and Vegas). My buddy Dennis (www.interthemepark.com) in his senior years, comments weekly from USA Today to consulting worldwide. Daily drives one his C7/ZR1 or two C8 Corvettes with a C8 ZO6 on order...his proverbial 'roller coasters'. We've talked many times about this relationship and elation/even escapism it brings...

My Raptor Gen2 missed this mark, the 'soundtrack' was akin to dating an expensive but common model who in the heat of the moment/any pleasurable input (ahem, throttle) sounds like Fran Drescher's voice amplified through the cabin speakers. I'm sure we've all dated someone but could never get over that one major quirk (or a few) that took them out of long term contention... audio (voice/laughter) is a major one! LOL

Point is... EV's lack that emotional attachment, the accompanying soundtrack and mechanical shifting of gears... the varying behavior dependent on temperature/altitude but also payload. It's the culmination of ALL FACTORS that the TRX does exceptionally well (even better with the SLP Loudmouth's installed!) :D 🦖 Some seek that emotional attachment, the 'hair on your neck' during a cold start... but others don't consider transportation an activity they wish to take part in and would rather nap or text (foreshadowing, the decline in manual transmissions)? Even the 'touch points' in the cabin are done so well, they compliment the driver's experience.

In conclusion... EV enthusiasts therefore 'logically' procreate only out of necessity but never for recreation nor enjoyment!

You should’ve taken your TRX over there and really leaned into the “typical American” stereotype. The truck bed probably isn’t big enough to hold all the women throwing themselves at you though. Save some ladies for the rest of them I guess.
I Saw 2 TRX's and 1 lonely Raptor on my visit here. $+10/gallon

The big question, will you give up your TRX if the electric Ram has more horsepower/torque? faster 0-60? more high tech?
Definitely not. There will always be a difference in emotion between an electric car and a good V8

Back