Ram is making dealer orders too SMH

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
So I just noticed this from a POC someone sent me last week. It does confirm that Ram has made a dealer order TRX last week. It is a Launch Edition and it is one of the Canada builds. You can see on the POC it was released by the plant and at the bottom it is schedule priority 4... Dealer order, not customer order. The 2nd POC is another Canada order proving they have both Customer and Dealer orders.

Now I will say they might make dealer orders for Canada because they only have 100 LE's but why have people in the US with dealer stock LE's stuck in C status? Only 701 (excluding the Charity LE)

So now are we going to start seeing dealer stock pop up...???

1610054429082.png

1610056283157.png

Good catch. I was curious about this too, as I'm one of those in C. Guess that is some hope for us. Still strange to me though that they made so many in a couple of days, nearly all for Canada.

Good catch. I was curious about this too, as I'm one of those in C. Guess that is some hope for us. Still strange to me though that they made so many in a couple of days, nearly all for Canada.
It gets harder to understand FCA's logic more and more every passing day.

Maybe knockout Canada because I've seen some guys say their dealers think the TRX is going to show up in March in Dubai. Takes about a month by boat, so maybe in a couple weeks start seeing batches for UAE.

So I just noticed this from a POC someone sent me last week. It does confirm that Ram has made a dealer order TRX last week. It is a Launch Edition and it is one of the Canada builds. You can see on the POC it was released by the plant and at the bottom it is schedule priority 4... Dealer order, not customer order. The 2nd POC is another Canada order proving they have both Customer and Dealer orders.

Now I will say they might make dealer orders for Canada because they only have 100 LE's but why have people in the US with dealer stock LE's stuck in C status? Only 701 (excluding the Charity LE)

View attachment 2253
View attachment 2256
Exactly, totally agree with you. Their logic just makes no sense!

Could it have something to do with customs across the border?
Easier to ship large batches than let them randomly trickle across one at a time perhaps?

My understanding with LE allocation is that it was based upon LD (1500) sales and so not all stores got allocation and some only got a couple. My guess would be that this store got a couple allocations (maybe unexpectedly) and just doesn't have them sold yet. Since LE will be among the first production run, it makes sense that this'll be built before standard trucks (customer order or not).

It would be quite confusing to see unsold LE trucks landing significantly later than standard ones..

Could it have something to do with customs across the border?
Easier to ship large batches than let them randomly trickle across one at a time perhaps?
I wouldn't think that would be a problem since they have to ship regular 1500's from the same plant on the same trains in more volume. The 2019 numbers for Ram trucks in Canada was 27k sold.

My understanding with LE allocation is that it was based upon LD (1500) sales and so not all stores got allocation and some only got a couple. My guess would be that this store got a couple allocations (maybe unexpectedly) and just doesn't have them sold yet. Since LE will be among the first production run, it makes sense that this'll be built before standard trucks (customer order or not).

It would be quite confusing to see unsold LE trucks landing significantly later than standard ones..
Exactly. That's the grey area of what are they going to do with LE dealer orders? They going the debacle route of the Gladiator LE's with people getting them up to 6 months in production? Or are they going to mix them in customer production? But if they are going to build a dealer stock LE for Canada this early, why not do the same for the US market? Why hold some of US LE's back with no VIN's and all the ones I've seen in C status?

Obviously they can't give every dealer a LE. According to FCA, there is around 440 Canada dealers for only allocated 100 LE's. In the US there is 2500 dealers for 701 allocations (-1for the charity TRX). Not enough to go around.

I wish the dealers names were on either the build sheet or the window sticker to help figure out the system they use to rate dealers. This company is just weird

Exactly. That's the grey area of what are they going to do with LE dealer orders? They going the debacle route of the Gladiator LE's with people getting them up to 6 months in production? Or are they going to mix them in customer production? But if they are going to build a dealer stock LE for Canada this early, why not do the same for the US market? Why hold some of US LE's back with no VIN's and all the ones I've seen in C status?

Obviously they can't give every dealer a LE. According to FCA, there is around 440 Canada dealers for only allocated 100 LE's. In the US there is 2500 dealers for 701 allocations (-1for the charity TRX). Not enough to go around.

I wish the dealers names were on either the build sheet or the window sticker to help figure out the system they use to rate dealers. This company is just weird
I would imagine they're trying to avoid a situation like the Gladiator launch.

As to why Canada is getting their unsold LEs built before we do... no idea. There may be some minute parts difference that allows them to build those first. Maybe the speedometer? lol your guess is as good as mine!

Mine was a dealer stock order. I don’t think they ever put my name on it but it is scheduled for 1/11 build. We’ll see
LE? Or judging by your avatar black... When's the last time you got a POC from your dealer?

I would imagine they're trying to avoid a situation like the Gladiator launch.

As to why Canada is getting their unsold LEs built before we do... no idea. There may be some minute parts difference that allows them to build those first. Maybe the speedometer? lol your guess is as good as mine!
Heck, they doing a bad job still with all of us that ordered the first couple days and no build date lol

LE? Or judging by your avatar black... When's the last time you got a POC from your dealer?

I spoke with dealer Monday. He said still D1 with approximate delivery date of 1/18. A member on here that works at the plant ran my VIN and sent me a screen shot of the computer screen indicating build date of 1/11.

It’s not an LE. Package 2, Black, no decals, no bead locks, no RamBar or Wheel Carrier or CF trim.

By the way, when a VIN shows up with a build sheet, is that the day of the build, day after, day before?

By the way, when a VIN shows up with a build sheet, is that the day of the build, day after, day before?
The vin shows on the POC when the plant accepts the order and uses it to gather parts for your build. I've seen people in BG/C/D all get a vin. Then your build sheet shows up when the truck is built, I assume when the truck is OK'd in the system. And then the window sticker shows up when the truck is invoiced to your dealer

The vin shows on the POC when the plant accepts the order and uses it to gather parts for your build. I've seen people in BG/C/D all get a vin. Then your build sheet shows up when the truck is built, I assume when the truck is OK'd in the system. And then the window sticker shows up when the truck is invoiced to your dealer
Probably worded poorly question but I was talking about when the build sheet appears on the daily searches being used here (https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=). What does this mean in relation to the build process?

Probably worded poorly question but I was talking about when the build sheet appears on the daily searches being used here (https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=). What does this mean in relation to the build process?
I did answer the question lol. The build sheet, used in the daily searches, shows up when your truck is made. We don't know exactly what status code it is when it does pop up but I assume its status code I when the build is OK'd. And it's usually within 24 hours after the truck is made it appears in Triple's search
1610130064804.png

Got it. Thanks.

I find it interesting that on Ram Trucks Canada site they have 64 black and LE TRX's available ....

1610501658828.png

And only a couple are reserved if you look down the list...
1610502012030.png

Red, white, and anvil are no charge COLURS for them too lol
1610505657670.png

View attachment 2253
View attachment 2256
Dats my POC 😊

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back