Ram bar LED light choices?

Steel

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Durango
I have a granite GraphiteTRX on order comes with the ram bar, wondering what kind of light options there are ?
What are the pictures I see on the website with the four fog lights on What kind of lights are those?
And does anyone know if there’s an LED light strip that would fit on top of the rambar?

Welcome.

Off-road LED lights (82215274AC | $595 USD | $861 CAD): Available to mount on top of the RamBar, a set of 5-inch LED off-road lights – each shining at 4,800 lumens – provide exceptionally bright, fully illuminating light for off-road driving. The cast-aluminum housing ensures proper heat dissipation and long-term durability. Also included are two light covers with the Mopar logo, a wiring harness, and a switch.
2244049C-F391-4A33-A033-E702D69CBDFA.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a granite GraphiteTRX on order comes with the ram bar, wondering what kind of light options there are ?
What are the pictures I see on the website with the four fog lights on What kind of lights are those?
And does anyone know if there’s an LED light strip that would fit on top of the rambar?

I also have granite crystal with a Rambar!!! I’m wanting to see what a light bar looks like too before making my light decision. Not sure I like the mopar lights

I asked this question before but do you think the Rambar has some pre wiring to the bar so light install is rather easy?

Welcome.

Off-road LED lights (82215274AC | $595 USD | $861 CAD): Available to mount on top of the RamBar, a set of 5-inch LED off-road lights – each shining at 4,800 lumens – provide exceptionally bright, fully illuminating light for off-road driving. The cast-aluminum housing ensures proper heat dissipation and long-term durability. Also included are two light covers with the Mopar logo, a wiring harness, and a switch.
View attachment 1261
ThAnk you! Do you know occ fb any LED light that specifically works on this Rambar as that my look a little cooler and would definitely be a lo tv brighter / more lumens?

ThAnk you! Do you know occ fb any LED light that specifically works on this Rambar as that my look a little cooler and would definitely be a lo tv brighter / more lumens?

Not any others that specifically works with the RamBar, should just be a matter of getting the right mounting brackets for the RamBar tube, having something fabricated or drilling into the tube to mount brackets and seeing how straight or curved the bar is to confirm what shape/length light bar will work.

Last edited:
Not any others that specifically works with the RamBar, should just be a matter of getting the right mounting brackets for the RamBar tube, having something fabricated or drilling into the tube to mount brackets and seeing how straight or curved the bar is to confirm what shape/length light bar will work.
Gotya, guess I’ll wait till I get the truck. I still have no idea on delivery dates, you hear anything?

Gotya, guess I’ll wait till I get the truck. I still have no idea on delivery dates, you hear anything?

Nope as far as I know I’m still D1 status.....A few got early build/ delivery dates (mid/end October) couple of weeks back that have probably been pushed back, may only be a week or so though, check out the “build tracker”thread for better info. on that.

Last edited:
Nope as far as I know I’m still D1 status.....A few got early build/ delivery dates (mid/end October) couple of weeks back that have probably been pushed back, may only be a week or so though, check out the “build tracker”thread for better info. on that.
Super kind of you, really glad I found this website, thank you so much for your information and being so quick!

I too ordered GC with a ram bar, I like your guys style! Last week I called my dealer and basically complained and said I wouldn't have ordered the rambar if I would have known the lights were not included and insisted they throw them in on account that I'm paying 5k over msrp. They implied they would. Fingers crossed. Maybe something to try with your dealer. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Any idea where the wiring harness will plug into for the Mopar lights mentioned above?

Any idea where the wiring harness will plug into for the Mopar lights mentioned above?
The connections to the AUX switches are under the hood, by the battery. So the wiring from the lights would have to be routed there.

Attachments

• 209A61CB-4BD6-4960-B1F8-9706FA3E1ABD.jpeg
    209A61CB-4BD6-4960-B1F8-9706FA3E1ABD.jpeg
    811.2 KB · Views: 123
The connections to the AUX switches are under the hood, by the battery. So the wiring from the lights would have to be routed there.

That sucks I had hoped for more a plug in go type of install to limit any wires exposed. Will be curious to see how that’s gonna work going from the rambar to the aux box by the battery. Think you go underneath the truck somehow?

That sucks I had hoped for more a plug in go type of install to limit any wires exposed. Will be curious to see how that’s gonna work going from the rambar to the aux box by the battery. Think you go underneath the truck somehow?

That would be my best guess... to route the wires under the cab, probably along the frame and up into the engine compartment. The connections at the wiring bundle for the switches should be pretty simple (plug and play), similar to a Raptor. The picture of the connections I posted was from someone reviewing the truck that was specifically asked about the AUX wiring connections, so I guess for now that's the best we have until someone gets their truck.

I'll also note that IF it is just simply a connection in the engine compartment, that's better than my Gen 1 Raptor. You had the engine compartment connection (easy enough), but then also had to connect the wiring behind the glove box as well, and it required small hands to reach up in the space and connect. I think I cussed Ford for about 30 minutes trying to connect 2 wires that I couldn't figure out why it wasn't already connected by Ford.

At least they'll be plenty of clearance under the truck to figure out the best way to wire it!

What I see is a covered positive battery terminal, a fuse box, and a bundle of wires. No connection points or plugs. Did I miss something?

What I see is a covered positive battery terminal, a fuse box, and a bundle of wires. No connection points or plugs. Did I miss something?
No, it’s the red wire bundle from what the guy said. If it’s like the Raptor, positive connects to a TRX AUX wire, negative to negative on battery. Simple as that. See pic from my Raptor AUX wire bundle. Also, Raptor has different fuses for each AUX switch, can’t say if that’s the same for TRX.

Attachments

• C51F97E4-1CE6-4518-B51B-1B041BA1DF4A.jpeg
    C51F97E4-1CE6-4518-B51B-1B041BA1DF4A.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 57
$600 isn't honestly bad for OEM accessory off road lights. I will do something custom but best route path will probably be along the bottom of the cab mount / where the running board bracket holes will be and then up the back of the wheel well liner and into the switches. Id imagine those ram bars are hollow so wires can run through them and down the bed side.

20190914_194446.jpg

I will do rock lights on the TRX so pumped the TRX has aux switches.

I’m hoping to find something that could mount more to the front of the bar than on top to reduce the clearance so I can still fit it in the garage when needed.

Not sure I like the mopar lights
I almost pulled the trigger on these lights until I realized they only come as a pair. In all of the TRX marketing photos, there are four lights on the rambar, and I don't mind the look with four lights, as it seems proportional to the amount of space. However, the look of only having two looks odd/cheap in my opinion. Which is most likely why they added four lights for said photos, otherwise it wouldn't have done the vehicle any justice

Obviously I could buy two pairs of lights, but at $1,800 for two pairs, I feel I can do better than that with something else. So, I'm still looking around for an alternative light system.

Back