Redneck

Redneck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel, 2022 TRX Ignition Edition on Order
Current Ride #2
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody Daytona Edition
Not hard to find at all. Just locked in 1.84%. Another bank offered 2%. Both were 72 month terms. They’re out there.
Thats a great rate! Mind sharing what institution it was?

Toad98370

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Trx
Current Ride #2
1974 Challenger
In July the Chrysler rate I was quoted was 3.24 for 72 months. When I countered with rate from a different company 2.29 the dealership then "found" a local credit union @ 1.99 for 72. I am guessing the dealership if motivated can beat the Chrysler rate. The higher the rate, the higher their compensation. Leases used to be very lucrative to the car dealers.

Goosed

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
No Ride
Thats a great rate! Mind sharing what institution it was?
Bank of America and Fifth Third. Usually capitol one is drilling the rates down but they came back above 4%. I do have over an 800, low debt, and was putting down 12%.

A good conversation to have with the lender for all you folks who are getting off MSRP is to share the MSRP and then your purchase price. Loan companies like to hear and identify this info on a new car - let’s them know you’ll have instant equity. Then tie in the Down Payment and that equity and they’ll work down the rate as it eliminates a lot of risk due to the instant equity in the loan. Driving a $90k truck off the lot with let’s say $9k off and another $9-10k down is a good thing in the banks eyes.

Ponyboy

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 GMC 1500
Current Ride #2
2022 TRX Ordered!
Last week Chapman beat my local credit union (that quoted me 2.74% @ 72 months) by finding me 2.18% @ 72 months and they financed 100% of my purchase including sales tax! So my loaded 2022 TRX monthly payments came out to $1336.

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Im finalizing the deal on my ignition Edition TRX, Was lucky to get one at sticker. around 91k Im "leasing" What I did not expect, was even with 10k down, my 4 year, LEASE payment is $1,585. Now, I understand its an expensive truck, but for comparison when I bought the Hellcat Daytona, it was about 85k, and I financed it with a monthly payment of $1338 at 72 months. Leasing was always cheaper, but this time im really questioning if im missing something and theyre trying to sneak something in on me that i cant see. Can anyone else confirm? If talking about this stuff is not allowed, I get it, im just looking for more eyes and brains on this
You're definitely missing something. I did not Lease, I had zero down on an MSRP Launch Edition, $95K, and my payment is less than your lease by $100 for 72 mos. I would walk on that piece of sh** deal.

blasius01

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 viper, 2022 Ram Trx, 2002 WS6, 1982 Trans AM , 2020 Grand Cherokee
When I looked at leasing, the interest rate was almost 6% ( money factor) I ended up buying it with a 2.7 % interest rate. The payment was pretty much the same . Only difference is after 3 years, I’ll have a lot more truck paid off vs the lease

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Not hard to find at all. Just locked in 1.84%. Another bank offered 2%. Both were 72 month terms. They’re out there.
Agree, I just got a new loan for my wife's new car, and rates were 1.84 for 60 mos, and 2.09 for 72.

OP
Redneck

Redneck

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel, 2022 TRX Ignition Edition on Order
Current Ride #2
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody Daytona Edition
Agree, I just got a new loan for my wife's new car, and rates were 1.84 for 60 mos, and 2.09 for 72.
sheesh, might refi whats left of my charger then, rate of that is like 4% because of how the rates were when i got it

jw38

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Military
Retired Air Force Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)
I've been with a local credit union for about 15 years and I got 1.69% for 66 months. Bank of America was at 1.94%.

LokiKai

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 ram 2500 Mega Cab, 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Current Ride #2
2001 Dodge Ram Sport RC, 2002 Jeep TJ Stroker, 86 Grand National, 87 GNX, 91 Jeep Eliminator, 67 Mercury Monterey Conv.
Military
U.S. ARMY
Most Credit Unions should get you in the 2% range with an 800 score and low credit/debt ratio. Ask around....do not let them run your credit until they quote you a rate based on you giving them an accurate score and debt picture. If they tell you they can't quote a rate until they do a credit check, move on because they can! Good Luck

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
Most Credit Unions should get you in the 2% range with an 800 score and low credit/debt ratio. Ask around....do not let them run your credit until they quote you a rate based on you giving them an accurate score and debt picture. If they tell you they can't quote a rate until they do a credit check, move on because they can! Good Luck
A trick dealers do is they give your payment before they run your credit.
Usually the payment is based on a good enough score to get the deal done. Once they present the payments and you agree, if your credit is better than the tier of payment they presented, the dealer keeps the rate which you could get lower payments from.
If your credit is not good enough, they inform you payment will be higher...

Always wise to know your credit before applying to cut possible corners they might get you when financing comes up.

Rates also vary depending where you live, FYI

htown-trx

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
you are getting screwed my friend. shoot me a message, i work for a giant auto leasing company out of houston and can help you out regardless of what state you're in. I leased mine, and put no money down, and my pmt is no where near what you've got. shoot me a message, i'll get ya pointed in the right direction.

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
you are getting screwed my friend. shoot me a message, i work for a giant auto leasing company out of houston and can help you out regardless of what state you're in. I leased mine, and put no money down, and my pmt is no where near what you've got. shoot me a message, i'll get ya pointed in the right direction.
Why not post here what you get/can get?
I'm sure you can get many other deals. More deals mean more money for you, right?

htown-trx

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Why not post here what you get/can get?
I'm sure you can get many other deals. More deals mean more money for you, right?
you'd be right if it werent for a couple of factors such as credit, state you live in, etc. each state has different tax laws, and credit plays a huge role in how a lease is setup since lenders assume all of the risk in a lease. also, as a leasing company, it's not easy to buy from dealers right now due to the fact that they can void your buyers contract since it's not YOU buying the car.... it's my company. which is why i dont go blasting around what i do. i help those when i can.

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
you'd be right if it werent for a couple of factors such as credit, state you live in, etc. each state has different tax laws, and credit plays a huge role in how a lease is setup since lenders assume all of the risk in a lease. also, as a leasing company, it's not easy to buy from dealers right now due to the fact that they can void your buyers contract since it's not YOU buying the car.... it's my company. which is why i dont go blasting around what i do. i help those when i can.
Ok. So you are a giant leasing company, right? You wrote you worked for one in the first post.
What's the price you paid for your truck and what is your lease details?

IsandroTRX

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Last week Chapman beat my local credit union (that quoted me 2.74% @ 72 months) by finding me 2.18% @ 72 months and they financed 100% of my purchase including sales tax! So my loaded 2022 TRX monthly payments came out to $1336.
Ponyboy. How much was the down payment you put? I’m still negotiating my 2022 TRX

Taurian

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX ON ORDER
Do NOT lease a TRX. Better off doing a balloon payment loan to keep the payments down. Or buy it at 2.99% with a credit union for 72 months. The residual value is super low and the money factor will be too high on this truck. Please don’t do it.

NFARVW

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Tundra TRD
Current Ride #2
2021 Volvo XC90 T8
My OTD is $90K after discount, fees and taxes. I plan on writing a check for $40K and financing 50K while leaving my other liquid $ in crypto. The returns alone will more than pay back my 2% APR my 823 FICO score gets me.

In short, if you want a small payment. Get a smaller loan. Simple. Put more $ down.

Also the resale on this truck as others stated is great. It would be astronomically stupid to lease this truck.

Taurian

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX ON ORDER
Last week Chapman beat my local credit union (that quoted me 2.74% @ 72 months) by finding me 2.18% @ 72 months and they financed 100% of my purchase including sales tax! So my loaded 2022 TRX monthly payments came out to $1336

@Ponyboy nice!!! I have a TRX on order with Chapman as well. Can i ask which bank? Did you have to provide anything other than a credit check?

IsandroTRX

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Do NOT lease a TRX. Better off doing a balloon payment loan to keep the payments down. Or buy it at 2.99% with a credit union for 72 months. The residual value is super low and the money factor will be too high on this truck. Please don’t do it.
I’m in Arizona and my 2022 TRX arrived at the rail yesterday so it will be a few days until arrives to the dealer. I’m looking for financing scenarios to have an idea how much to put down and what interest rate I can get with an 800 credit score.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton