Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX LVL 2
Current Ride #2
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Widebody T/A
Military
Air Force
Found a used early build '21 TRX that is fully optioned except the moon roof, I am in the process of purchasing this truck. Tried pulling up a Window Sticker on it and cant find one, so then pulled up the build sheet and found some things I haven't seen before and was hoping someone could help me out with deciphering what these mean.

1642175870315.png

Last edited:
Found a used early build '21 TRX that is fully optioned except the moon roof that I am in the process of purchasing. Tried pulling up a Window Sticker on it and cant find one, so then pulled up the build sheet and found some things I haven't seen before and was hoping someone could help me out with deciphering what these mean.

View attachment 31767
What's the VIN on this? It appears to be a pilot vehicle (i.e., one of the pre-production test vehicles).

By the way, how are you going to "add" a pano sunroof to this truck? I don't believe that's something you can do without some serious cutting (and replacing the headliner).
EDIT: Maybe you meant "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you're in the process of purchasing the truck. I took it as "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you were in the process of purchasing the moonroof.

What's the VIN on this? It appears to be a pilot vehicle (i.e., one of the pre-production test vehicles).

By the way, how are you going to "add" a pano sunroof to this truck? I don't believe that's something you can do without some serious cutting (and replacing the headliner).
EDIT: Maybe you meant "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you're in the process of purchasing the truck. I took it as "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you were in the process of purchasing the moonroof.
Sorry only on one cup of coffee so far and I failed at grammar! That should read, "except the moon roof, I am in the process of purchasing the truck".

The VIN is 1C6SRFU98MN500191, looks to have built in March of '21.

Interesting. It's not a pre-production pilot vehicle. I wonder why they produced that mid-cycle.

I don't have any of the 2021 data, but here's what the 2022 numbers look like:
There are 198 VINs with "pilot vehicle" in the build sheets.
191 of them were pre-production (with VINS 100001 to 100196).
The remaining 7 of them are scattered throughout VIN groups 104/111/120, but were all produced in October. None of these 7 are TRX's.

Interesting. It's not a pre-production pilot vehicle. I wonder why they produced that mid-cycle.

I don't have any of the 2021 data, but here's what the 2022 numbers look like:
There are 198 VINs with "pilot vehicle" in the build sheets.
191 of them were pre-production (with VINS 100001 to 100196).
The remaining 7 of them are scattered throughout VIN groups 104/111/120, but were all produced in October. None of these 7 are TRX's.
WoW what a little nugget of information, and interesting mystery! Looking at the Carfax for the truck it was owned by a company (doesn't indicate which one) and it was from Michigan, then went to an auto auction and that's how this wholesaler got it that I am buying it from. If it weren't for the words 'Pilot' and 'Tracking' I would have just looked right over it.

I might hit up RAM Chat to see if they can enlighten me on the meaning of it.

Back