TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
Current Ride #2
2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Military
Air Force
Found a used early build '21 TRX that is fully optioned except the moon roof, I am in the process of purchasing this truck. Tried pulling up a Window Sticker on it and cant find one, so then pulled up the build sheet and found some things I haven't seen before and was hoping someone could help me out with deciphering what these mean.

1642175870315.png

Last edited:

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Found a used early build '21 TRX that is fully optioned except the moon roof that I am in the process of purchasing. Tried pulling up a Window Sticker on it and cant find one, so then pulled up the build sheet and found some things I haven't seen before and was hoping someone could help me out with deciphering what these mean.

View attachment 31767
What's the VIN on this? It appears to be a pilot vehicle (i.e., one of the pre-production test vehicles).

By the way, how are you going to "add" a pano sunroof to this truck? I don't believe that's something you can do without some serious cutting (and replacing the headliner).
EDIT: Maybe you meant "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you're in the process of purchasing the truck. I took it as "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you were in the process of purchasing the moonroof.

OP
OP
KennyLives

KennyLives

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
Current Ride #2
Military
Air Force
What's the VIN on this? It appears to be a pilot vehicle (i.e., one of the pre-production test vehicles).

By the way, how are you going to "add" a pano sunroof to this truck? I don't believe that's something you can do without some serious cutting (and replacing the headliner).
EDIT: Maybe you meant "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you're in the process of purchasing the truck. I took it as "fully optioned except the moonroof" and you were in the process of purchasing the moonroof.
Sorry only on one cup of coffee so far and I failed at grammar! That should read, "except the moon roof, I am in the process of purchasing the truck".

The VIN is 1C6SRFU98MN500191, looks to have built in March of '21.

Eighty

Dream Killer
Reaction score
Current Ride
'22 TRX (Lvl 2), Diamond Black
Interesting. It's not a pre-production pilot vehicle. I wonder why they produced that mid-cycle.

I don't have any of the 2021 data, but here's what the 2022 numbers look like:
There are 198 VINs with "pilot vehicle" in the build sheets.
191 of them were pre-production (with VINS 100001 to 100196).
The remaining 7 of them are scattered throughout VIN groups 104/111/120, but were all produced in October. None of these 7 are TRX's.

OP
OP
KennyLives

KennyLives

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
Current Ride #2
Military
Air Force
Interesting. It's not a pre-production pilot vehicle. I wonder why they produced that mid-cycle.

I don't have any of the 2021 data, but here's what the 2022 numbers look like:
There are 198 VINs with "pilot vehicle" in the build sheets.
191 of them were pre-production (with VINS 100001 to 100196).
The remaining 7 of them are scattered throughout VIN groups 104/111/120, but were all produced in October. None of these 7 are TRX's.
WoW what a little nugget of information, and interesting mystery! Looking at the Carfax for the truck it was owned by a company (doesn't indicate which one) and it was from Michigan, then went to an auto auction and that's how this wholesaler got it that I am buying it from. If it weren't for the words 'Pilot' and 'Tracking' I would have just looked right over it.

I might hit up RAM Chat to see if they can enlighten me on the meaning of it.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com