Purposefully Delayed? + apology

wnnabepilot

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW M3
(To the admins,@KnightMare, and whomever may have deleted my last post - I apologize for posting in the wrong forum, I promise I'm not THAT illiterate. When posting from a mobile device it brings up a list of topics and Status Update was the closest option, it didn't show me the Don't post here or else until I got on my PC - sorry about that. Thanks for everything you guys do!)

So I was one of the idiots that thought it would be a good idea to order on 8/18, got a VIN two weeks later and sat in BG status for over 5 months. I got my build sheet today (hallelujah) ... But reading through it found something off at the bottom... WTF? At first look it appears someone down the line decided to just intentially set my order aside for a while. Anyone else get this? Wondering if this is a normal thing or if someone was screwing with my order.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    73.5 KB · Views: 54
I have same thing. Probably from when they had delays and parts shortages. D denotes al parts are there and they can schedule build.

I have same thing. Probably from when they had delays and parts shortages. D denotes al parts are there and they can schedule build.
Possible, but the backwards movement from D to back to BG and denoted as a schedule move looks like someone made an update somewhere... then I got stuck for 5 months with builds happening all around me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, just trying to make sense of something from Ram - Ha... I know.

Got my build sheet today, and it goes from Special Scheduling Condition VII to Distribution Services Tracking. The BG line is not on my sheet. Not sure what it means, but ours are different.

Got my build sheet today, and it goes from Special Scheduling Condition VII to Distribution Services Tracking. The BG line is not on my sheet. Not sure what it means, but ours are different.
BE: Edit error

BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule

BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable

BX: Passed edit available for schedule

C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule

D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1: Gateline schedule - sch

I believe that happened to everyone who had a VIN back before the original builds were supposed to start in the 4th quarter of 2020, as well as any build scheduled that FCA regresses their build timeline. Here's the last page of my build.

Attachments

• Build Sheet.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 14
So when you ordered, did you order a confirmed allocation from your dealer?

Only reason I ask is that some dealers placed orders and did not have allocations. Some of those were pushed forward because of the huge number or orders in August. Then when Ram finally went though and confirmed allocations matched up to orders, some of those that weren't allocated got cancelled or pushed back to a lower status.

Not saying this was is what happened in your case, just one possible reason.

*Edit: What @TRX808 said is possible too. My VIN wasn't assigned until late December, so I can't speak directly to that situation.

The Scheduling Condition VII is almost almost every single US build sheet, almost all of Canada has Scheduling Condition II, Central America doesn't appear to have the line at all along with the Middle East, so while it clearly means something I wrote it off as not important for our needs here since it didn't appear to be unique enough. I have scoured every line of every build sheet looking for lines that stand out and may help with things like this. There are a large percentage of builds early on that went from D back to BG. If you already had a VIN prior to the original anticipated October begin of production you got moved back to BG when the pushed production back. There are close to 1000 VIN's that have D to BG regress. There are currently 117 trucks that had a D1 to D regression as well. So they went even further, from having a VIN and a scheduled build date back.

The Scheduling Condition VII is almost almost every single US build sheet, almost all of Canada has Scheduling Condition II, Central America doesn't appear to have the line at all along with the Middle East, so while it clearly means something I wrote it off as not important for our needs here since it didn't appear to be unique enough. I have scoured every line of every build sheet looking for lines that stand out and may help with things like this. There are a large percentage of builds early on that went from D back to BG. If you already had a VIN prior to the original anticipated October begin of production you got moved back to BG when the pushed production back. There are close to 1000 VIN's that have D to BG regress. There are currently 117 trucks that had a D1 to D regression as well. So they went even further, from having a VIN and a scheduled build date back.
Thanks @tripleB, this is why you're the best. I count myself lucky the truck was even built yesterday, but was just trying to make some sense of the being delayed thing and thought maybe something was up. Good explanation, now hopefully all my parts are bolted on right.

I ordered 08/19 and mine says the same thing. My truck is built but not here yet but should be next week. Taking the scenic route on the train.

Back