Crazyotter

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
M3
Military
USMC
Anyone know how involved it would be to do a pulley upgrade to the supercharger?

Won't be hard to get power and removing the governor. Only thing stopping us is people don't have them in their hands yet. More worried about brakes and high speed tires.

Won't be hard to get power and removing the governor. Only thing stopping us is people don't have them in their hands yet. More worried about brakes and high speed tires.
The breaks feel pretty beefy so far but you’re right, if you’re going to go over 120, you’ll want to have better rubber and bigger breaks

I know people are going to hate but this is the only hellcat with no brembo's. The superstock has 4 piston Brembo's with 4500lbs to stop and we have 2 piston calipers with 6400lbs. It'll be for regular driving but I am concerned about doing a bunch of runs

Car and Driver
1611929763456.png

1611929840637.png

I'm very curious what brakes will be on the heavier Hummer EV I also reserved. I know it have regenerative braking as well to probably help stop it but these vehicles are getting heavier and heavier.

Yeah I agree it does seem that the brakes are a potential weak link for this vehicle. It will be interesting to see results from early mods.

I know people are going to hate but this is the only hellcat with no brembo's. The superstock has 4 piston Brembo's with 4500lbs to stop and we have 2 piston calipers with 6400lbs. It'll be for regular driving but I am concerned about doing a bunch of runs

Car and Driver
View attachment 3356

View attachment 3357

I'm very curious what brakes will be on the heavier Hummer EV I also reserved. I know it have regenerative braking as well to probably help stop it but these vehicles are getting heavier and heavier.
Yes, the TRX will be fine down here in the flat part of Texas. For normal driving,but aggressive driving looks like problems! I had some serious brake fade coming down a mountain in Silverton Colorado last summer in my RZR 1000. “ Did not like that“ all the added weight made a big difference. Looking at options now, The aftermarket is endless on UTVs

Yes, the TRX will be fine down here in the flat part of Texas. For normal driving,but aggressive driving looks like problems! I had some serious brake fade coming down a mountain in Silverton Colorado last summer in my RZR 1000. “ Did not like that“ all the added weight made a big difference. Looking at options now, The aftermarket is endless on UTVs
Next on list to get a Maverick X3 Turbo RR to go along with my Outlander XMR 1000.

There is no question to me within 6 months there will be a 1000hp TRX. I sent messages out to Brembo, Wilwood, and Baer a few months ago and they said they would look into it in the future but no immediate plans to make a kit.

Next on list to get a Maverick X3 Turbo RR to go along with my Outlander XMR 1000.

There is no question to me within 6 months there will be a 1000hp TRX. I sent messages out to Brembo, Wilwood, and Baer a few months ago and they said they would look into it in the future but no immediate plans to make a kit.
I have driven a maverick X3 with long travel kit and tune for desert Racing in Utah. I wouldn’t know how to describe the experience, (But amazing)! It was set up for King of the hammers.

i dont know why but my 2500 PW brakes are awesome. they work well, and even during heavy use, there isnt much fade in the pedal.

can anyone clarify what is on the 2500s and if those may work? They would have to be insane on a lighter truck.

Are you talking about the RZR having the brake fade or the tow vehicle?

Are you talking about the RZR having the brake fade or the tow vehicle?
Sorry about that, No it was the razor! It was the first time I’ve had that happen, Once they cool down got full panel back. I go back-and-forth with wheels and tires, I had 32s on that trip, I think that’s what made the big difference. The car has 1900 miles maybe. I have a 14 F150-V6EB I don’t take it anymore. I rent a 2500 series truck.
CD06DDA5-FCEC-466C-A0B5-7D143F0AE2C2.jpeg

I pull a camper over that pass many times a year. It’s a bitch. Hell, just driving it in my Tundra heats up the brakes without towing.

I pull a camper over that pass many times a year. It’s a bitch. Hell, just driving it in my Tundra heats up the brakes without towing.
Think the whole groups headed back to Taylor Park, Spend some time in Gunnison this year in August. My wife likes the timber in Colorado and so do I.

Think the whole groups headed back to Taylor Park, Spend some time in Gunnison this year in August. My wife likes the timber in Colorado and so do I.
Are you racing or just having fun cruising?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back