PSA: Go, right now, and seat all fuses and relays

Thanks for the heads up,

Will check mine as soon as the salesman calls and is for sure of the delivery date this time. It was supposed to be here last Monday. Hopefully by end of this week or this weekend. Can't hardly wait for it to come in. :) At least it's on its way after 13 weeks now.

Heck I'm going to run out of space. It's sounding like the IT Law firm of Bolt, Hose, Ticks and Fuse
You forgot squeaks.

only checked the engine bay but mine were all good.

everytime I see one of these threads it makes me wonder if I have a bunch of soon to fail shit on my truck. But I figure it’s like Schrodingers cat. If I don’t look then it is in a constant state of both broke and not broke

Ram had this fuse issue for quite a while. Had my 2019 Ram Rebel when it was new in service 3 times for low battery warning. It even stalled once on my way to dealership. Had all kinds of different codes . They could not figure out what was wrong . Finally someone thought of checking all the fuses and sure enough only half of them where seated properly . Never had any issues since.
So, that person probably still works there and still doing a lousy job ! LOL
Good post ! Definitely would be the first thing I'll check once the Truck arrives. If it ever does.....

Mine were all good. The 2017 Power Wagon I traded in had all fuses unseated when I checked it. The problem has definitely been around for years.

I checked my under hood fuses and all were good. Guess I got lucky. My truck doesn’t whistle or tick either. Haven’t had anything wrong with it yet

I checked my under hood fuses and all were good. Guess I got lucky. My truck doesn’t whistle or tick either. Haven’t had anything wrong with it yet
Haven’t heard one Hemi that’s quiet on startup. Good deal though that’s awesome

Haven’t heard one Hemi that’s quiet on startup.
My 6.4 was quiet, until I put the wrong oil in it. Correct grade, and also a synthetic, but not kind.
Changed back to what it should have, and the tick went away.

It is far from quiet 🤐 but it doesn’t tick. Neither did my 2019. My 2013 would tick sometimes

Attached is an updated List. I checked my fuses under hood and under steering wheel, and most were well seated while some I had to push in a bit (but they were fairly well inserted regardless). Still think this truck is great and, if appropriate inspections are made with the List, many of the issues folks are having would be avoided.

Attachments

• TRX ISSUES LIST.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 129
Attached is an updated List. I checked my fuses under hood and under steering wheel, and most were well seated while some I had to push in a bit (but they were fairly well inserted regardless). Still think this truck is great and, if appropriate inspections are made with the List, many of the issues folks are having would be avoided.

Same here, some of the fuses & relays I was able to push in slightly more.

OT but also checked my wheel lug nuts, torqued them to 130 ft/lbs, I was able to move all equally/slightly, if I had to guess they were all approximately 120 ft/lbs/?..None were extremely loose like I’ve heard from some other guys. I didn‘t have a 22mm deep socket, the one below is really decent especially for the $ . How do they sell something for $6 with free shipping? Anywho ~

Agree still think this truck is great & w/ these fixes we‘re making it even better! 😁

8621760B-9767-43E1-80F8-9A37F654BEB9.jpeg

Borrowed from another poster here, don’t remember who, but thanks!
6A37D7F6-2846-4F3E-AA26-46021885F61F.jpeg

OT but also checked my wheel lug nuts, torqued them to 130 ft/lbs, I was able to move all equally/slightly, if I had to guess they were all approximately 120 ft/lbs/?..None were extremely loose like I’ve heard from some other guys. I didn‘t have a 22mm deep socket, the one below is really decent especially for the $ . How do they sell something for $6 with free shipping? Anywho ~

Agree still think this truck is great & w/ these fixes we‘re making it even better! 😁

View attachment 14949

View attachment 14950
Well how about that! When I got my tires put on day 2 of ownership the lug nuts seemed to come off easy. The tech at Discount even asked me if they had been off before!! Good catch!

Last edited:
Just a PSA for everyone to lift the hood, remove the fuse box cover, and seat all your fuses and relays. Don’t know why, but whomever is responsible for Jeep and Ram PDU assembly, they can’t seem to install the fuses and relays correctly.

Do yourself a favor and take the 2 minutes to prevent potential future electrical problems.
yeah thats kinda crazy i had several unseated as well

You can use a 7/8" socket.

Thanks, I looked at that. In a pinch I would but 7/8” has slightly more give than the recommended 22mm.

It does, but only 0.225 mm, which is probably greater than the tolerances on many cheap sockets.
I've used 7/8s many times when a 22 wasn't handy, and sometimes the 7/8s fits better.

View attachment 14949

View attachment 14950
Just checked my lugs after reading this and had the same situation. i had one that was at 100 or less...kinda freaked me out. Thanks for the O
T ;)

Mine have been quiet - once I put a little STP in the crankcase...(only about a half a can does the trick - except when it gets into the 20's degF)

It does, but only 0.225 mm, which is probably greater than the tolerances on many cheap sockets.
I've used 7/8s many times when a 22 wasn't handy, and sometimes the 7/8s fits better.

Copy. The 22mm that I got fits better/tighter than the 7/8th deep socket I own. W/ the 7/8” there is slightly more wiggle back & forth.…And just discovered I already had a 22mm socket, doh! lol.

I’m cautious about that, couple of times I couldnt get my Mercedes AMG wheels off my SUV because someone in the service department would either use a regular socket and/or an impact & just mess up the lug nuts. I guess they are supposed to look good chrome & shaped weird but OEM they use a softer cover & if you dont use a flower shaped socket they will round off easily even though a standard 17mm socket seems to fit the bolts fine. I was changing the wheels myself twice a year; summer 21” to winter 20”s (Pirelli Scorpion Winter) & back but when I left my truck w. the dealer once for a brake job & another time to change a tire, next time I went to switch wheels had to deal with that. After that when I would pick it up & the wheels were off I’d check w. the right socket before driving off. But thats one thing I’m not going to miss whatsoever, having to do those changes.

These are what I’m referring to, horrible.
1C68CB8B-C339-489B-B01A-AB01A9EE149E.jpeg

This is what I would use, flower socket but even used perfectly I would change out the bolts after 4 or 5 times because the bolt covers are so soft
64DD762F-1248-4206-8224-87C4DBE6FAFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't think to ask last time, but whether 7/8s or 22, why do you use a deep socket?

Its not needed but on my other cars I can get by with a deep socket without an extension so more of a habit I guess.

On the TRX a standard socket seats all the way but w/ deep socket & 3“ extension its the perfect length just outside the tire. With a 6” extension, it gets a little long for that kinda torque, makes tweaking the lug nuts more likely. But dunno, I’m not a mechanic, do they make 5” extensions for 1/2” drives, I mostly see 3”, 6”?

Deep socket, 3“ extension.
7ECAC339-6358-4111-8BE8-B8EB5DA3B687.jpeg

Standard 22mm w/ 6” extension:
E0B77E6B-D1DC-4019-A988-384534676047.jpeg

DB1BD195-F29D-486D-943D-45E2BB6D87D9.jpeg

Back