Proper Ram TRX Ride Height (PLEASE Measure)?

tkdr6

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Ram 3500 Laramie
Seen a couple of folks report that they are seeing a lean on one side of the truck, essentially stating the truck does not appear to be level. Also sounds like for some people they have a shock absorber replaced and it appears to fix the un-level ride height problem.

Measured my back two tires (ground to fender) and consistently get 40 inches on driver side and 41 inches on passenger side. Don't believe I had this issue when I drove the truck off the lot, and I have NOT done any off-roading yet.

For those that currently have your truck, PLEASE measure all 4 fender ride heights and let's see what kind of consistency we get across the forum to establish the "statistical normal"

Want to get a feel if this is an issue or not before I take it into my dealership. My gut tells me this is NOT normal but numbers don't lie... :)

Go check my other thread about doing my second full pdi. Part of the issue is the fuel tank is on the driver side and I have an extra 175lbs in the driver side be passenger with no driver in it so with me in it that’s an extra 330 lbs on the drivers side.

Seen a couple of folks report that they are seeing a lean on one side of the truck, essentially stating the truck does not appear to be level. Also sounds like for some people they have a shock absorber replaced and it appears to fix the un-level ride height problem.

Measured my back two tires (ground to fender) and consistently get 40 inches on driver side and 41 inches on passenger side. Don't believe I had this issue when I drove the truck off the lot, and I have NOT done any off-roading yet.

For those that currently have your truck, PLEASE measure all 4 fender ride heights and let's see what kind of consistency we get across the forum to establish the "statistical normal"

Want to get a feel if this is an issue or not before I take it into my dealership. My gut tells me this is NOT normal but numbers don't lie... :)
Mine also has a 1 inch sag on the driver side............ Seeing quite a few people complaining of this! I hope we're going to get a resolution instead of someone from FCA telling us that's just the way it is for 90,000 K

Mine also has a 1 inch sag on the driver side............ Seeing quite a few people complaining of this! I hope we're going to get a resolution instead of someone from FCA telling us that's just the way it is for 90,000 K
Mine leans too. They going to say its normal...

Mine leans too. They going to say its normal...
Why would it be normal if the majority of vehicles manufactured do not have this issue? 1 inch offset is not acceptable. Go to a supermarket parking lot and take 100 vehicles and measure them all Ford fiesta’s Cadillac Escalade’s Dodge Durango’s they don’t sit like that unless they’re old shit boxes falling apart.

I just got a callback from the service manager at my dealership and she told me that the lean on the vehicle is normal which is bullshit.

We all need to get together and measure our trucks. If FCA wants to play we can play. I did not just spend 90 fucking thousand dollars on this truck for it to lean left.

This is the report she gave me.
I shouldn’t have to be fucking with this. Who has the time to read through all this?

Attachments

• 1139_001.pdf
    988.7 KB · Views: 92
The problem is with the springs in the back. The spring on the driver side needs to be slightly taller to compensate for the extra weight on that side. They did not factor that into their engineering. I’m sure every TRX will have this issue once the springs break in a little more.

this sucks balls they will never admit nor change out Springs.

The problem is with the springs in the back. The spring on the driver side needs to be slightly taller to compensate for the extra weight on that side. They did not factor that into their engineering. I’m sure every TRX will have this issue once the springs break in a little more.

this sucks balls they will never admit nor change out Springs.
There isn't a problem with the springs. Its the fact that there isn't a rear sway bar to tortionally balance out the back of the truck. There isn't a sway bar because we wanted all the articulation that comes with the truck, hence why JK's have an auto sway bar disconnect when you want to have maximum flexibility with the axels. The EDS's make up for the imbalance when the truck is running, but when it isn't running, the truck may sit low to one side or the other.

I just read your attached file from FCA. It says for the TRX the front right height tolerance is +/- .59 inches and the TRX rear ride height tolerance is +-.59 inches as well. See! 1" is not acceptable. that's out of tolerance. Call back and bitch!
See this video and stop flipping out.

Last edited:
I just read your attached file from FCA. It says for the TRX the front right height tolerance is +/- .59 inches and the TRX rear ride height tolerance is +-.59 inches as well. See! 1" is not acceptable. that's out of tolerance. Call back and bitch!
Actually that’s the difference front to back and the lean being referenced is side to side. As a result one side could be down .59” and the other side up .59” and it would be within tolerance side to side. That’s actually damn near 1 1/4 Max side to side variance and be completely within design.

I know the lean sucks and I agree but these types of trucks all have it. The Raptor crowd has the wildly popular “Raptor Lean” and has had it since inception.

WOT and turn left.................................................
3.JPG

Mine leans on the left front 3/4” with 3/4 tank of gas.

I don’t know if it makes any of you feel better, but my gen2 raptor has done this since new as well, 1” sag on the driver’s side. I thought about having the dealer look at it, but didn’t feel like it was worth them messing with my truck.

Having had Raptors and Long Travel OHV’s with desert suspension, this lean is totally normal. I actually don’t think the gas tank is the main issue, its your body weight from climbing out of the truck.

The suspension is made to sag and when you shift your weight out of the seat it leans. This is especially true if you step on a running board or side step. Go around and climb in the passenger side and I bet most of the lean will disappear.

Just go do a few 2nd gear pulls and take in the blower whine, all will be forgotten! :)

With a full tank of gas this is how much mine leans. I just screenshot my Youtube I'm going to post about it.
1616170498779.png

Back