Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2023 C8 Corvette
FCAchat.jpg

I usually push FCA chat for something every Monday. For the first time they said production is now slated for early Q1 2021. Wondering if that's all orders.

Needless to say guys, sorry. Gonna enjoy seeing/hearing about the TRX from everyone on the forum. The forum has been fun. Ended up pulling the plug on my order today and sent the cancellation email. I'll circle back next year for a TRX if the next gen Raptor doesn't live up. Gonna go with a 21 F150 Powerboost. Thought about the Ram Limited but not in the mood to give Ram any business at the moment. Call me a petty loser. I deserve it. TRX will be everything it is hyped up and really happy for those that will get one for sure.

View attachment 1711

I usually push FCA chat for something every Monday. For the first time they said production is now slated for early Q1 2021. Wondering if that's all orders.

Needless to say guys, sorry. Gonna enjoy seeing/hearing about the TRX from everyone on the forum. The forum has been fun. Ended up pulling the plug on my order today and sent the cancellation email. I'll circle back next year for a TRX if the next gen Raptor doesn't live up. Gonna go with a 21 F150 Powerboost. Thought about the Ram Limited but not in the mood to give Ram any business at the moment. Call me a petty loser. I deserve it. TRX will be everything it is hyped up and really happy for those that will get one for sure.
I'll be right with you if I don't get mine before Feb 28th.

I agree completely frustrating! I'm sure there is a good reason. One day we might find out what that it is. It is sad the FCA has the worse communication of all the manufacturers. My wife thinks I don't communicate, I need to let her deal with FCA.

I'll be right with you if I don't get mine before Feb 28th.
Can I get some quick thoughts on the 2021 f150? Seems like I'm seeing others make that move too (away from Ram). I get the Powerboost part, but the styling of the F150, both exterior and interior, still seems lacking compared to the Ram 1500. I currently drive a 2015 F150 and the 2021 version just doesn't seem exciting because of how similar they are. All this to say that I too have considered making this move, though I don't know when I would throw in the towel here.

View attachment 1711

I just got the same thing about early Q1 from "Randy". Oh, and to "work with your selling dealer". Wonder what early Q1 means - late March? LOL...

Can I get some quick thoughts on the 2021 f150? Seems like I'm seeing others make that move too (away from Ram). I get the Powerboost part, but the styling of the F150, both exterior and interior, still seems lacking compared to the Ram 1500. I currently drive a 2015 F150 and the 2021 version just doesn't seem exciting because of how similar they are. All this to say that I too have considered making this move, though I don't know when I would throw in the towel here.

I have a 2011 Raptor, and I was really waiting for the Gen 3 release..... but when I saw the styling of the 2021 F150, I new the Gen 3 would look similar. In my opinion, the headlights are really the only change. Seems like more of a refresh than a redesign to me. Also still not wowed by the interior. They added a center screen, but just about everything else looks like a minor update to me. So once I saw the F150, I knew I was out on the Raptor (not to mention, seems like they are sticking with the V6, even if they do a limited edition with V8). Plus, everything about the TRX was what I always wanted in a Raptor anyway. And since I've been waiting 9+ years to upgrade, a little more wait isn't a big deal to me. As for the V6 with Powerboost in the F150, I guess I'd have to drive one to really speak intelligently about it, but right now it's just not my cup of tea.

View attachment 1711

Right behind you, new england is getting shafted by FCA. Placed order 8/19 and still no VIN.

Yeah. Hopefully FCA reads this forum and can salvage some of the other orders. By no means is the 21 F150 powerboost even close to the TRX. Its actually slower then my current raptor but I can get a good deal on it and the raptor still has a good trade value. Lost money waiting for the TRX when trade values were even higher in October. Name of the game.

But it seems I am just located in a region getting the middle finger from FCA. I probably should have also mentioned another factor behind this move was a small tax benefit of sneaking in a truck by the end of the year.

I have a 2011 Raptor, and I was really waiting for the Gen 3 release..... but when I saw the styling of the 2021 F150, I new the Gen 3 would look similar. In my opinion, the headlights are really the only change. Seems like more of a refresh than a redesign to me. Also still not wowed by the interior. They added a center screen, but just about everything else looks like a minor update to me. So once I saw the F150, I knew I was out on the Raptor (not to mention, seems like they are sticking with the V6, even if they do a limited edition with V8). Plus, everything about the TRX was what I always wanted in a Raptor anyway. And since I've been waiting 9+ years to upgrade, a little more wait isn't a big deal to me. As for the V6 with Powerboost in the F150, I guess I'd have to drive one to really speak intelligently about it, but right now it's just not my cup of tea.
WOW! It’s like you read my mind, I also own two ford’s, My company truck is a Ford, They make great products,The TRX Is a platform I never thought would exist as a production truck! I’m in hell or high water!!!🙃

For me it was mostly, I have a good relation with my Ford dealer. Bought 4 cars/trucks from them in the last 2 years. The 21 is a refresh in my eyes even tho they claim redesign. I think it will depreciate a little less then the Ram 1500 because its the new body style so will carry over for a few years. I will get it close to invoice so I can own it till summer and get out of it for a reasonable loss. I like that the ford pass app and telematics is free as opposed to a monthly fee. Overall I think both trucks are a great option. The 5.7 just doesn't excite me very much but the Ram does have a killer interior. Can't go wrong either way.

I openly admit that the TRX is an awesome truck in every way. I genuinely felt my order was never going to get filled due to my location and dealer allocation so waiting wasn't going to get me anything. I suppose at least I will have 24 MPG :D

If you all remember the first Hellcats, I wanted a Charger, called my dealer, told them that I'll order one at MSRP when they had an allocation. I did that with a $1000 deposit and forgot about it. 3 months later I got a call that my car is here. And while for a while there were very few Hellcat Chargers around, everyone that ordered one got one.
Given that the pandemic screwed up the supply chain and we may be all waiting for a $50 piece of carbon fiber that some vendor couldn't make for some reason, it is understandable that FCA is a little in a limbo about it.
Now if I can only forget about the TRX for a couple of months......

Right behind you, new england is getting shafted by FCA. Placed order 8/19 and still no VIN.
I ordered mine on 8/18/20. Dealer placed order on 8/24/20. Got my VIN on 12/11/20. My brother works for dealership. He keeps me posted with whatever information he can. He checks several times a week for me, but FCA hasn’t been much help to dealership either.

Not building the 2021s, but they are now building the 2022 prototypes. If I did not have a LE on order I would bow out in favor of a 2022. The LE is definitely getting flipped, however, in favor of a Granite 2022.
What's the story on 2022 prototypes?

What's the story on 2022 prototypes?
Guy on FB that works at the plant posted today that still no customer vehicles in production. He's just seen a couple 2022 prototypes go out.

Guy on FB that works at the plant posted today that still no customer vehicles in production. He's just seen a couple 2022 prototypes go out.
I'm not surprised by that. Standard practice for manufacturing any product. They have a testing timeline they need to hit prior to their projected 2022 production start date. I'm assuming they are trying to stay on target for 2022. 2021 production is already delayed, no reason to push that delay into 2022 on things they can control.

I'm not surprised by that. Standard practice for manufacturing any product. They have a testing timeline they need to hit prior to their projected 2022 production start date. I'm assuming they are trying to stay on target for 2022. 2021 production is already delayed, no reason to push that delay into 2022 on things they can control.
Agreed. I don’t know auto manufacturing, but am in Med device. This is fairly normal. If they had what they needed to start a revenue producing run of production trucks they would. They also aren’t going to dribble 1-2 down the line. Cost inefficiency of the run would eat them up.

I checked FCA chat and this one said still on track for Q4 still. Checked with my dealer and still has no clue what's going on. FML

I spoke with my dealer again yesterday, he still has no clue whatsoever about production. I think they have 10 allocations and 3 LEs. I’ve had my VIN since September...I’m still amazed on how little communication is coming from FCA. My dealer hasn’t had a different update for me since early October when I went into D status 🙄.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back