Production/Delivery dates

KTF

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Lambo Urus, Mclaren 720s
I was lucky enough to get a launch edition reserved and was assigned a VIN. Has anyone heard of production or delivery dates yet?

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
I was lucky enough to get a launch edition reserved and was assigned a VIN. Has anyone heard of production or delivery dates yet?
Supposedly they began building officially Oct 12.... haven’t seen or heard any confirmation that has happened..... my dealer informed me that it would probably be 6-8 weeks after build scheduled. We are all impatiently waiting for one of us to get one delivered so we can live vicariously through them... cheers!

OP
KTF

KTF

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Lambo Urus, Mclaren 720s
Supposedly they began building officially Oct 12.... haven’t seen or heard any confirmation that has happened..... my dealer informed me that it would probably be 6-8 weeks after build scheduled. We are all impatiently waiting for one of us to get one delivered so we can live vicariously through them... cheers!
Thanks for the reply, hopefully soon we will see some movement???

T-Rex

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F-150
Update I just got from my dealership was that my truck that was scheduled to be shipped today was not yet built. Bummer....

OP
KTF

KTF

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Lambo Urus, Mclaren 720s
Oh man....that really sucks. Guess we should take any information we get with a grain of salt.

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
On of guys on Facebook says he's in G status so we'll see

Jarret

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX LE
Current Ride #2
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I got an LE on order as well.
I was messaging my dealer today and they said mine is to be built in November and I should expect it sometime in December. So nothing real concrete yet...

Gozar

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
On of guys on Facebook says he's in G status so we'll see
Saw that. Also saw where he says he is now D1 again. I am curious as to where he is getting his info. Seems impossible to have a truck move backwards in the production process. I do feel bad for him though. The only thing worse than no information is bad information.

Kerry0805

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Name
Kerry
I was just on the FCA/RAM site, chatting with "Sarah" about the status of my build. I ordered an LE on 08/18/20 and have remained in "D" status to this point. Parts are being gathered and scheduled, then the build can be scheduled. Interestingly, she reported, "Production on the TRX models have not yet begun." Just wanted to share my latest info with everyone.

marksouth

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX Launch Edition
Saw that. Also saw where he says he is now D1 again. I am curious as to where he is getting his info. Seems impossible to have a truck move backwards in the production process. I do feel bad for him though. The only thing worse than no information is bad information.
Yeah, it seems like that guy said that his dealer was telling him those status codes (I don't recall him ever saying his dealer gave him a new POC with the status code.), so don't know if the dealer was just giving BS or what.

Brotharon

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
1500 Rebel
miltary
Army, Retired
My wife has forbidden me to contact my dealer until the 1st of December. Her argument to this case is that they told me that my vehicle wont be ready until late Jan or early Feb based on my order date so I dont need to waste their time...I dont think she understands that calling every day is how you grease the wheels in big-auto

Gozar

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was just on the FCA/RAM site, chatting with "Sarah" about the status of my build. I ordered an LE on 08/18/20 and have remained in "D" status to this point. Parts are being gathered and scheduled, then the build can be scheduled. Interestingly, she reported, "Production on the TRX models have not yet begun." Just wanted to share my latest info with everyone.
Very little chance production of customer vehicles has started. No way FCA lets #1 off the line without some fanfare. Still building mules apparently.

UBo32

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2016 Ram Sport
This timeline/timeframe is kind of tough. If we don't receive our trucks until way into Q1, maybe early Q2... at what point do we just hold off for the '22 models? The HDs should be getting lots of love in '22 as well. Just makes the wait all that more difficult.

Brotharon

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
1500 Rebel
miltary
Army, Retired
This timeline/timeframe is kind of tough. If we don't receive our trucks until way into Q1, maybe early Q2... at what point do we just hold off for the '22 models? The HDs should be getting lots of love in '22 as well. Just makes the wait all that more difficult.
Depending on the release date of these trucks the '22 models may not start hitting dealers until late next winter (DEC/JAN). There are many cases where the specialty vehicles like the TRX dont get released in Aug/Sep with the base trim vehicles and get held until allocations of the previous model year are sold. That being said, I know that this is common with Honda and Subaru...and I think Ford has done this with the Raptors but not 100% on that...I am not sure that this model will follow for FCA. Also, if the 21 and 22 models are being released at approximately the same time it would stand to reason that there would be nearly 0% difference between them as there would be very little time to make adjustments and improvements.

I am just going to sit here and impatiently wait for my 21.

Kerry0805

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Name
Kerry
Update I just got from my dealership was that my truck that was scheduled to be shipped today was not yet built. Bummer....
Makes you wonder where someone is coming up with these dates that are reported. Doesn't make sense, when they reportedly haven't started building yet - per the FCA chat site.

T-Rex

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F-150
Makes you wonder where someone is coming up with these dates that are reported. Doesn't make sense, when they reportedly haven't started building yet - per the FCA chat site.
Can you post link to that site?

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Very little chance production of customer vehicles has started. No way FCA lets #1 off the line without some fanfare. Still building mules apparently.
It really makes no sense they are making mules still and have given multiple people Oct. build dates. It's almost like they were building customer vehicles and then discovered an issue in QA checks and halted production. There were pictures last week of a few that were completed with Rambar's and one of the workers in the paint depart said she seen an Anvil TRX come thru. I don't recall any test vehicle over the past few months with a Rambar installed other than the billet silver one used on the promotional videos.

Hoosier Daddy

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Current Ride #2
2018 Ultra Limited Anniversary
miltary
Army (Ret)
I just got done talking to Ram chat to see if I had a vin yet and got this message:

We aren't provided updates for the TRX, we recommend working with the sales department.

Frustrating!!

BestTime

TRX Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Its possible they just don't want to deal with a flood of inquiries on the TRX so they may be redirecting inquiry traffic back to the dealers. Its also looking that with the Blackout on test demo's being the 23rd that they never planned to begin production until after that date, presumable looking for November allocation orders to come in. This would create a large enough backlog to even out production and justify keeping a full time shift going steady at the plant. Following this line of thinking would yield a mid to late November production start. Just speculation on my part.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com