Presenting the AWE 0FG Catback Exhaust for the TRX. Available now.

It’s definitely much louder than stock. Without stomping on it, I had my bed full of cardboard and the old
Pipes, the guy at the shop text me after I left and he said he heard me driving a few blocks away and said it sounded amazing. After work I’m gonna try to get out on the highway and open it to see if the drone is less than stock, my drone was very
Noticeable after the clamped up the stock vents. The exhaust note does seem a lot quieter in the cab than the stock just from driving home from the shop, only 2 miles and residential back streets. I took a video prior to dropping it off in the driveway (my closed garage doors are about 3 feet away so the sound is bouncing off of it). The other is the first start up at the shop. In person sound is obviously better than a cell phone recorded clip

Stock
View attachment 14695

AWE
View attachment 14696

Johnny,
Thanks. I have the AWE on order.

Can you expand on what you mean that its “definitely much louder than stock” but “a lot quieter in the cab than stock”? I’m hoping for a louder exhaust, period.

Johnny,
Thanks. I have the AWE on order.

Can you expand on what you mean that its “definitely much louder than stock” but “a lot quieter in the cab than stock”? I’m hoping for a louder exhaust, period.

When driving and when you get on it is much louder than the stock exhaust. Inside the truck there’s no drone from the exhaust, when I closed up my vents with the clamps it created a good amount of drone inside the cab with the windows up. when cruising its a lot quieter inside the cab with the windows up, but as you can hear with the clips with the just the rear slider open it’s loud and a good loud. Sounds real nice, not raspy by any means.

However they designed it I feel as if they did it right. With the windows open you can hear the nice tone but if you don’t wanna hear it you just close the windows.

I’m gonna try to take some longer clips tomorrow after work. I know these were short ones.

Here’s a cold start with the stock exhaust (closed vents). And cold start with the AWE. These were both taken in my driveway about 3-4 feet from my garage door

Hopefully that explained it alittle better. (I’m on 2 hours of sleep and went to work at 2am for 12 hours and still awake so I know what I’m trying to type but not sure its making sense lol) Overall I was hesitant about getting the AWE because honestly I never heard of them until I came to this site and it’s 2k. But now that it’s installed I’m extremely satisfied with the product.

Not everyone care about drone in the cab but my 4 year old always rides with me and it does get annoying for him. This is a great solution to that problem.

Thanks man! It does sound insanely good, deeper.

Yeah I’ve known about AWE since 2008 when I got my 911 Turbo, they were making top notch exhaust systems for the car, everyone was very happy with their system

Last edited:
Thanks man! It does sound insanely good, deeper.

Yeah I’ve known about AWE since 2008 when I got my 911 Turbo, they were making top notch exhaust systems for the car, everyone was very happy with their system

The quality is great. Everything pieced together nicely. And those tops look awesome. Was alittle worried about how it would look with the diamond black tips on the stock matte bumper but once it was installed it looks good

Just went and ripped a few pulls. Exhaust is amazing sounding. Hardly any noise and no drone in the cabin. Opened the rear slider and it sounds like a beast unleashed. Very satisfied!
Mace, thanks for posting this. The cabin noise was exactly my question. I make a lot of calls while driving and when I upgraded my Jeep's exhaust that became almost impossible. I listened to the video that they have and you could definitely hear stuff when you were accelerating hard, but with light acceleration and normal cruise, it didnt sound too bad. So would you say there is little to no impact on call quality?

Mace, thanks for posting this. The cabin noise was exactly my question. I make a lot of calls while driving and when I upgraded my Jeep's exhaust that became almost impossible. I listened to the video that they have and you could definitely hear stuff when you were accelerating hard, but with light acceleration and normal cruise, it didnt sound too bad. So would you say there is little to no impact on call quality?
Definitely little to no impact on call quality while cruising. If you go up and incline or passing someone then yes you’ll hear it. Cruising speeds no issues

Just saw HHP post this on Instagram, looks made well, never heard of AWE before 🤷🏻‍♂️, sounds good in the vid, love the H pipe sounds so much better than X pipe, I have H pipe on my hellcat for that reason, sounds quite in the cab, like that’s it’s cat back unlike the mbrp, 1900$ for 2 extra resonators and 6 hp, idk, I’m very interested to c stainless works headers and exhaust kit I’m sure it will scream !!!!

Not sure where they are with the headers but looks like Stainless Works new Cat back system uses the stock X-pipe like the MBRP. Without hearing the different systems in person, betting AWE will sound the best so far.

Last edited:
Not sure where they are with the headers but looks like Stainless Works new Cat back system uses the stock X-pipe like the MBRP. Without hearing the different systems in person, betting AWE will sound the best so far.

That’s cool I already have exhaust on mine I want there headers !!

I took an unplanned drive through the Columbia River gorge on Sunday. Was running between 70-95 most of the way. Exhaust system sounds amazing. I had some slight drone at about 70-73 when the engine was under slight load. Not bad, slight. Just blipped the go pedal and dropped a gear and it instantly went away. Very very impressed with this exhaust system!

Also, I noticed that I couldn't even hear it with the stereo on.

I took an unplanned drive through the Columbia River gorge on Sunday. Was running between 70-95 most of the way. Exhaust system sounds amazing. I had some slight drone at about 70-73 when the engine was under slight load. Not bad, slight. Just blipped the go pedal and dropped a gear and it instantly went away. Very very impressed with this exhaust system!

Also, I noticed that I couldn't even hear it with the stereo on.
I wanna hear the exhaust with radio all way up !!

$2k for an exhaust seems a bit much to me...at least with the MBRP exhaust you'll get t-rex logo :p

C3F61ED7-EFB0-43CC-979C-B783AB8CA495.jpeg

Back