PPF and Florida Love Bugs

fireman603

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hydro Blue TRX - Totaled
New To PPF but we have love bugs here in Florida that will eat clear coat once they are smashed into the paint if they aren't removed immediately. Have had this happen on several occasions even with Ceramic Coating. Does anyone know if the PPF protect against this?

1614524309670.png

Yeah I'm a Florida native (not proud of my state 😂). I've had PPF installed on my cars in th past. It works well for a few years. Eventually you will see small little holes starting to form in the PPF. This is because the love bugs erode the film. Better than your paint on the ram. I am getting PPF installed in a week. My price quote was 895 including tinting the front windows. Make sure the place you select works on high end cars. Otherwise it's cheap and you can see the lines 👍

New To PPF but we have love bugs here in Florida that will eat clear coat once they are smashed into the paint if they aren't removed immediately. Have had this happen on several occasions even with Ceramic Coating. Does anyone know if the PPF protect against this?

View attachment 6312
Ppf will absolutely protect your paint against them but you may need to change the pof earlier. Its a pretty tough material thats also “self healing”.... just pour hot water on it

View attachment 6312
Ah, our dreaded love bugs - twice a year it is hell!

Yeah I'm a Florida native (not proud of my state 😂). I've had PPF installed on my cars in th past. It works well for a few years. Eventually you will see small little holes starting to form in the PPF. This is because the love bugs erode the film. Better than your paint on the ram. I am getting PPF installed in a week. My price quote was 895 including tinting the front windows. Make sure the place you select works on high end cars. Otherwise it's cheap and you can see the lines 👍
Not proud of our state, you say, but you're still here! :ROFLMAO:

LOL, and I get twisted of mud, snow, and rain. Anyway, PPF not only is going to protect from the bug strikes, but it's going to make for a breeze to clean up.

View attachment 6312
I remember them well having been in Orlando area for 15 years. They are horrible!!!

Even driving thru Georgia there be a lot of bugs. Hate driving at night

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back