PPF and Florida Love Bugs

fireman603

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Mark
Current Ride
Rental - Just sold my Shelby F150 and waiting arrival of my TRX
New To PPF but we have love bugs here in Florida that will eat clear coat once they are smashed into the paint if they aren't removed immediately. Have had this happen on several occasions even with Ceramic Coating. Does anyone know if the PPF protect against this?

1614524309670.png

akersa0091

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2013 Mazda Cx-5
Yeah I'm a Florida native (not proud of my state 😂). I've had PPF installed on my cars in th past. It works well for a few years. Eventually you will see small little holes starting to form in the PPF. This is because the love bugs erode the film. Better than your paint on the ram. I am getting PPF installed in a week. My price quote was 895 including tinting the front windows. Make sure the place you select works on high end cars. Otherwise it's cheap and you can see the lines 👍

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
New To PPF but we have love bugs here in Florida that will eat clear coat once they are smashed into the paint if they aren't removed immediately. Have had this happen on several occasions even with Ceramic Coating. Does anyone know if the PPF protect against this?

View attachment 6312
Ppf will absolutely protect your paint against them but you may need to change the pof earlier. Its a pretty tough material thats also “self healing”.... just pour hot water on it

Kerry0805

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Name
Kerry

View attachment 6312
Ah, our dreaded love bugs - twice a year it is hell!

Kerry0805

TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction score
Name
Kerry
Yeah I'm a Florida native (not proud of my state 😂). I've had PPF installed on my cars in th past. It works well for a few years. Eventually you will see small little holes starting to form in the PPF. This is because the love bugs erode the film. Better than your paint on the ram. I am getting PPF installed in a week. My price quote was 895 including tinting the front windows. Make sure the place you select works on high end cars. Otherwise it's cheap and you can see the lines 👍
Not proud of our state, you say, but you're still here! :ROFLMAO:

topdawg4ever

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
John
Current Ride
21' Ram TRX Hydro Blue
Current Ride #2
18' Durango SRT
LOL, and I get twisted of mud, snow, and rain. Anyway, PPF not only is going to protect from the bug strikes, but it's going to make for a breeze to clean up.

DJTheRex

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Jeep TrailHawk

View attachment 6312
I remember them well having been in Orlando area for 15 years. They are horrible!!!

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Even driving thru Georgia there be a lot of bugs. Hate driving at night

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com