Power Wagon to RAM TRX?

Nitro

Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
Any current Power Wagon owners looking at upgrading to the TRX?

I have been looking at buying a new 2020 Powerwagon. The salesman I was talking to at the dealership mentioned a rumored bad to the bone RAM Rebel with a lot more power in the works aka the RAM TRX. I might hold off on the Powerwagon until we know more about this truck. I like everything about the Powerwagon except it seems a little underpowered for a full size truck.

I don't see why anybody would buy a power wagon, when in a few months, they could buy a sick TRX!

I own a 2012 Power Wagon. Right now I’m starting the hunt for a new truck, and the list looks like this:
-Ram Power Wagon
-Ford Super Duty Tremor
-Ram Rebel TRX

Are you trading it in ? I am trading my loaded 2016 PW , if you don’t mind what did you get for trade offer if that’s what your doing

Are you trading it in ? I am trading my loaded 2016 PW , if you don’t mind what did you get for trade offer if that’s what your doing
I am trading it it , but I don't know exactly what the trade in will be. I have done a lot of business with the dealer and they have always given me a fair deal.

Same color as the TRX ordered

Attachments

• power wagon.jpg
    power wagon.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 67
I was also looking at a power wagon, but since I don't need the heavy duty added weight the TRX makes more sense for me

I own a 2012 Power Wagon. Right now I’m starting the hunt for a new truck, and the list looks like this:
-Ram Power Wagon
-Ford Super Duty Tremor
-Ram Rebel TRX
I am also torn between the TRX and the Ford SD Tremor. I have a pending order for a TRX, but it is just a waiting list deal as I don't even have a VON. I have priced-out a modest TRX ($77K) and have also priced-out a '21, 7.3 Gas, SD Tremor and the Tremor, with dealer and Ford discounts is +/- $20K less......so the internal question is whether the TRX's 702 HP is $20K more special than a 435 HP SD Tremor?

I am also torn between the TRX and the Ford SD Tremor. I have a pending order for a TRX, but it is just a waiting list deal as I don't even have a VON. I have priced-out a modest TRX ($77K) and have also priced-out a '21, 7.3 Gas, SD Tremor and the Tremor, with dealer and Ford discounts is +/- $20K less......so the internal question is whether the TRX's 702 HP is $20K more special than a 435 HP SD Tremor?
I'm not sure you are doing an apples to apples here. I think the Tremor is a much more heavy duty truck. So if you need much higher towing and load rating then Tremor (or a PW) should be your pick. If you do not need the heavy duty part then do not get a super duty truck. Get the TRX or better yet get a Rebel and get a nice tune to get it to 450 hp and you saved a lot of money and am not driving around in a rigid heavy truck. Now there is no substitute for personal choice, so if one of them makes you happy go with it, but my automotive engineering background taught me that lighter is better and while heavy duty trucks can stand more abuse it is not the kind of abuse you are likely to inflict on your truck in fast off roading.

Could not agree more , my 08 1500 drove like a Cadillac compared to my PW and my PW is way smoother than my old 06 2500 diesel , like you said all boils down to personal preference and use . I think the trx is a good blend of HD attributes and 1500 comfort

I'm not sure you are doing an apples to apples here. I think the Tremor is a much more heavy duty truck. So if you need much higher towing and load rating then Tremor (or a PW) should be your pick. If you do not need the heavy duty part then do not get a super duty truck. Get the TRX or better yet get a Rebel and get a nice tune to get it to 450 hp and you saved a lot of money and am not driving around in a rigid heavy truck. Now there is no substitute for personal choice, so if one of them makes you happy go with it, but my automotive engineering background taught me that lighter is better and while heavy duty trucks can stand more abuse it is not the kind of abuse you are likely to inflict on your truck in fast off roading.
Sorry, I was not making a direct comparison between the 2 trucks. I currently drive a '17 F250 and like it very much. I had been looking to upgrade to the 7.3 engine and Tremor package and then heard about the TRX. I already own a supercharged car so the "need for speed" in a truck is not that great. However, I think the mere existence of the TRX is truly amazing. That being said, the price delta of $20K is enough for me to reconsider since I feel the TRX prices are inflated, right now, and will be coming down in a year or 2.....assuming it stays in production. I don't particularly need a F250 but the cost is very close to a similar F150 and you get so much more truck, for the money, and the SD's hold their value better.

I'm trading in my '18 Power Wagon on the new TRX. Went in wanting 45k in trade. The dealer said "ok" ! Wait, what? I should've started higher.

I'm trading in my '18 Power Wagon on the new TRX. Went in wanting 45k in trade. The dealer said "ok" ! Wait, what? I should've started higher.
Hahaha. When you return to pick up the TRX, just tell them there was a $4k markup on your Power Wagon trade in due to market demand for used vehicles. ?

I don’t mind losing out on everything I put into this... 2hi rear locked no swaybar ask me how lol

Hahaha. When you return to pick up the TRX, just tell them there was a $4k markup on your Power Wagon trade in due to market demand for used vehicles. ?
Ask them to put down a 10k deposit and then wait 5 months for you to deliver the power wagon to them.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back