Power running boards

Ronin_TRX_23

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Have any over of you bought aftermarket power steps? Was going to buy after market. But I saw that Mopar does set them. The price was around 1400. Plus install. I was going to just get them and install myself but read the computer needs to be flashed for them to work? Is this true. With the after market, it plugs into obd port

Jesse56

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2006 ram, 2018 Sti RA
i had the mopar ones done and the dealership didn't know they needed to flash the computer took about 3 key cycles and the computer updated and recognized them and been flawless since no reason you can't install them yourself

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
The Mopars work right away without the reflash. Plug and play just like the Amp, but they don’t hog the OBD port because they have an interface box that connects to the canbus.

The flash is simply to add the button on Ucconnect. You can also use a Tazer to add the button. That’s what I did.

Both the Amp and the Mopar are DIY friendly if you’re inclined.

OP
Ronin_TRX_23

Ronin_TRX_23

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Thank you all, the only reason I would have dealer install it is because of the warranty. I currently have 10yr bumper to bumper. I’m hoping by having them install it. That will also be covered.

Phillytrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
The mopar ones you can control via the Uconnect screen that I believe needs to be enabled by the dealer. But they will work normally with open and closure of your door. Using the Uconnect you can leave them down even when opening and closing the door enabling you wash them or for any other reason you would want to leave them down.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton