Possibly the coolest and easiest dash cam install ever

Anybody have an answer to the guys that have asked if you need to have the digital mirror (for power) or will it work with either option??
I'd also like an answer to this question.

Pulled the trigger on front 4k & rear 1080p. This is the perfect setup to record my daughter and I doing dumb sh@t together. Front cam sweet for showing others what we did and rear cam for showing her reaction. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch them both simultaneously in the app or desktop - that'd be legit!
Great idea! That will be an awesome way to view your videos together!

Sorry if i missed this if this has already been asked but if I dont have digital mirror is there still power to connect to? I would imagine so
I believe it will still work because there is still power going to the mirror for auto dimming, but easiest way to check would be to pull that cover off and verify that plug is there.

Kinda wish it was motion activated. Would be great for being parked, and catching people messing with or bumping your truck
It can be hardwired to the truck to record when an impact happens. Nothing motion activated, though. For the hardwire option you have to email them. It's on the site, though.

Dang, I already have a Blackvue DR900X-2CH that I'm waiting to install after my tint is fully cured. I love Blackvue dashcams, but the super clean install from FitCamX is making it really tempting to switch. Only advantage that I see using the Blackvue would be:
  • External Battery for parking mode without draining the car's battery
  • Higher SD Capacity at 256 GB
I really like that fact that the FitCamX doesn't require mounting directly to the windshield.
I literally have the same camera sitting in a box waiting to go on the truck as well and I will now likely use it in my Corvette instead. I do like the battery backup option that the Blackvue offers, but I can't overlook the ease of install and the appearance of this unit.

Reactions: LDN
Anyone know how to get the "Fuse box cable" (#4 in the diagram above)? It's not listed on their website anywhere that I can find.
The site says you have to email them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-20 193826.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 193826.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 60
I was just looking at the RAM TRX website, I can only see two colors being offered (red and white) for the 2023 model year. Is it just me or is this actually true?

I was just looking at the RAM TRX website, I can only see two colors being offered (red and white) for the 2023 model year. Is it just me or is this actually true?
Why are you posting this in a dash cam review section?
All they have left is red and white paint. 🤣

Why are you posting this in a dash cam review section?
All they have left is red and white paint. 🤣
He is a newbie obviously doesn’t understand how a forum works yet! And @HorsePowerObsessed for member of the week or month for hooking up so many with this dash cam! 😎. Oh and one of these days I will make to the USPS to ship your adult sodas lol @Phillytrx

He is a newbie obviously doesn’t understand how a forum works yet! And @HorsePowerObsessed for member of the week or month for hooking up so many with this dash cam! 😎. Oh and one of these days I will make to the USPS to ship your adult sodas lol @Phillytrx

I gotta echo this. I'm surprised that I hadn't run across this yet. It's exactly what I was looking for. It's added to the list of stuff I'm gonna order once I go D1. My $100k truck is gonna cost me $110k.

I gotta echo this. I'm surprised that I hadn't run across this yet. It's exactly what I was looking for. It's added to the list of stuff I'm gonna order once I go D1. My $100k truck is gonna cost me $110k.
I thought the same thing. I had just bought a Blackvue dash cam for the truck when I saw this by accident and thought "wait a second, that's awesome!" so I had to try it first lol

Back