Possible Oil Leak

3600 miles Same issue with leaking oil cooler adapter. Just had oil changed yesterday with the 3500 mile inspection and tech didn’t note anything.
Any update on yours? Did they diagnose and repair?

Dealer gave away my loaner as soon as I picked it up on Wednesday within an hour. @RamCares said they would "possibily" cover a 40 dollar a day rental from enterprise" put the cheapest rental is around 90 a day. Dealer is not trying to do anything extra for me, only what @RamCares approves. So I told them I'm not coming out of pocket for a rental and I can't be without a vehicle for another two weeks while they attempt to fix the leaks again. But no one has followed up with me since thursday about getting a loaner or getting my rental approved. So I still have a leaking truck, I'm thinking about a lemon law buyback and try another vehocle, its a shame the truck is great but no one really cares if you spend 20k or 90k, you get the same treatment form Stellantis.
Crazy the difference from some dealer service departments. Their hands are often tied by Stellantis when it comes to warranty work. They can’t do more than they’re approved to do. The question I have is what’s the point in adding the dye if they’re not using it to trace the leak?? Oil leaks are a pain in the ass to trace and show up in places where it’s not originating from. The dye should be very helpful in tracing the origin.

I'm dealing with shitty service work and lingering coolant issues after coolant lines exploded.

Castle Rock Ram sucks, can't change oil properly, lies about service they performed and @RamCares doesn't care. "Has it happened 3 times" - WTF. Engine lines explode, coolant lines, all different issues, so don't bother them..

They basically told me to lemon law the thing instead of entertaining a buy back. Slow response on the forum, then terrible "hands are tied/read my script guy" I talked with today.

So track your repeat visits, ensure you make them document EVERYTHING and then call a lemon law lawyer. RAM will refer to you state attorney, etc, which is BS.

Anyone else ever seen sludge in the coolant (repairing dealer at Castle Rock Ram never flushed lines, overfilled oil, forgot to reset oil indicator, etc.) - where is Bambi (RIP) to bring the hate!

20211101_141845.jpg

I'm dealing with shitty service work and lingering coolant issues after coolant lines exploded.

Castle Rock Ram sucks, can't change oil properly, lies about service they performed and @RamCares doesn't care. "Has it happened 3 times" - WTF. Engine lines explode, coolant lines, all different issues, so don't bother them..

They basically told me to lemon law the thing instead of entertaining a buy back. Slow response on the forum, then terrible "hands are tied/read my script guy" I talked with today.

So track your repeat visits, ensure you make them document EVERYTHING and then call a lemon law lawyer. RAM will refer to you state attorney, etc, which is BS.

Anyone else ever seen sludge in the coolant (repairing dealer at Castle Rock Ram never flushed lines, overfilled oil, forgot to reset oil indicator, etc.) - where is Bambi (RIP) to bring the hate!

View attachment 26221
A few have reported finding the sludge / film

Last edited:
A few have reported finding the sludge / film
Thanks Rob, just posted over there. Shitty service and @RamCares comments still stand !

View attachment 26221
Thanks for sharing your experience, I can't believe that this is the response we receive from @RamCares . I wish I knew this before buying the truck I would probably have waited for something else and rolled the dice on their service centers and customer service. I get that there will always be issues but it's more on how the company handles those issues and treats their customers that means the most to me.

Sucks you guys have been getting the run around with RamCares. I had the exact opposite experience when I had issues with my truck. I do believe the selected service department has a lot to do with how things ultimately get handled.

I was supposed to take my truck in Wednesday, but local dealer where I bought from called 530 Tuesday night to say they can’t get to it until Thursday..maybe, and I would have to drop it off. Nope. Called dealer across River in Washington where I used to take my Rubicon and they had it in Thursday morning first thing in morning.
Turns out the engine block plug right above the oil cooler adapter completely loose(dodged a bullet) and was the source of the oil leak.
I asked them about the lean issue and they have ordered the new springs to install.
My local dealer had the nerve to ask me to give them all 10’s from my original service appointment last week.

Any updates on your oil leaks guys?

I'm still waiting on the dealer to authorize a real rental reimbursement or get me a loaner till I take it back to them but right now they are trying to make me take it to another dealer because there so backed up with cars and low staff to attempt to fix it again 🤔 I'm so upset 😡 but no one really cares its been about two weeks with no one really trying to help me.

Any updates on your oil leaks guys?
Mine turned out to be an engine block
plug that came loose(How?) above the oil cooler adapter. I will recheck this weekend to make sure. Tech couldn’t believe it

The dealer I took it to said I should try my purchasing dealer wtf I'm just gonna go to Carmaxx and order a 2022 lol roll the dice again

I'm still waiting on the dealer to authorize a real rental reimbursement or get me a loaner till I take it back to them but right now they are trying to make me take it to another dealer because there so backed up with cars and low staff to attempt to fix it again 🤔 I'm so upset 😡 but no one really cares its been about two weeks with no one really trying to help me.
That is bullshit. This rental reimbursement for buyers of a halo truck is just ridiculous. Who the fuck at Ram product/mgmt doesn't handle this?? Yes the truck is awesome, but shitty service and customer care is piss poor.

I noticed a tiny spot of oil on my starter months ago when I was under the truck checking stuff out. I wiped it off and it didn’t show again for a very long time. It never dripped onto the garage floor and looked just like some seepage from some part of the engine clinging to the bottom of the starter. The starter is the lowest part of the engine on the passenger side, so oil can manifest somewhere else and end up there. I’ve been doing all sorts of looking around in the engine bay to see if / where there’s a possible leak. Last night I used a super bright light and noticed what appears to be oil on the heat shield of the passenger side manifold just above the starter. I think I may have my leak narrowed down to some seepage coming from the passenger side valve cover. @TRXDAVE did you take a look in this area on your truck? I need to schedule an appointment to get it resolved. Oil level has never been affected and it takes a good 2 months to show a tiny spot on the bottom of the starter.

Attachments

• 1C53758D-0F3F-49FF-A8F0-C310570ECBAD.jpeg
    1C53758D-0F3F-49FF-A8F0-C310570ECBAD.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 7D1E1202-90CD-41AB-B53D-F3298FA8BD41.png
    7D1E1202-90CD-41AB-B53D-F3298FA8BD41.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
I noticed a tiny spot of oil on my starter months ago when I was under the truck checking stuff out. I wiped it off and it didn’t show again for a very long time. It never dripped onto the garage floor and looked just like some seepage from some part of the engine clinging to the bottom of the starter. The starter is the lowest part of the engine on the passenger side, so oil can manifest somewhere else and end up there. I’ve been doing all sorts of looking around in the engine bay to see if / where there’s a possible leak. Last night I used a super bright light and noticed what appears to be oil on the heat shield of the passenger side manifold just above the starter. I think I may have my leak narrowed down to some seepage coming from the passenger side valve cover. @TRXDAVE did you take a look in this area on your truck? I need to schedule an appointment to get it resolved. Oil level has never been affected and it takes a good 2 months to show a tiny spot on the bottom of the starter.
I didn't notice any leak around the valve covers. did u take yours in already? I just dropped mine off at my selling dealership. Both my local dealership and Ramcares told me I had to take it back there. The service manager is a complete douche tho, when I first called him to tell him the situation, it went as smooth as possible. told me that it was terrible that my local dealer and ram wanted me to drive all the way back to my selling dealer to fix a problem that the local dealer failed to fix with their attempt. He said to bring it in and he would put me in a loaner. SO I drive over an hour to my selling dealer and when I get there he has no loaner available. Tells me to talk to my case manager about a rental and then I go off on him about him lying to me and wasting my time when he knew he had no loaners to offer and cant even give me an ETA on one to be available. But he eventually calmed me down by saying he could get Hertz across the street to rent me a car for 35/day, which I was still doubtful but he came through. I think he just wanted me to get out of there and stop causing a scene. I'm the most passive person in the world but this situation has brought out the worst in me and no one seems to care.

Just got mine back Dave. Turned out to be leaking / seeping from a sensor and running along the block and dripping onto the starter. They also fixed a couple of other RRT rapid response transmittals like the exhaust tips not being aligned. They printed out the driveline clunk Star bulletin for me as well since I have the intermittent driveline clunk. I have zero complaints about my local service department. The service advisor is a great guy and the tech does a great job. It’s been that way on this truck and my previous Ram trucks. Send your truck to Idaho buddy they’ll get you fixed up and not treat you like garbage.

Your dealer sounds like the best. I got called today and was told it's leaking from one of the oil cooler lines fittings and still no rear main leak but I'm highly skeptical at this point. I'm just trying to stay calm and go through the process but I think this won't be my last trip. Oh well I'm just trying to stay positive

Your dealer sounds like the best. I got called today and was told it's leaking from one of the oil cooler lines fittings and still no rear main leak but I'm highly skeptical at this point. I'm just trying to stay calm and go through the process but I think this won't be my last trip. Oh well I'm just trying to stay positive
Oil leaks suck! They travel and show up in areas nowhere near where it originates. They might be right about the source. Hopefully they’ve got you squared away finally. Take a look at the pics on this 21’ Hellcat. Oil was leaking from the cooler lines and it’s all over the starter.

20211119_200614.jpg
20211119_200605.jpg
they did a great job in the front with the oil cooler lines but they still didn't want to believe me about the rear main, what should I do?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back