Possible Oil Leak

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
View attachment 27667View attachment 27668they did a great job in the front with the oil cooler lines but they still didn't want to believe me about the rear main, what should I do?
Contact them about it again. Call ramcares and ask for another case manager and explain that your truck has now been in the shop 3 times for the same issue.

DevonDragon

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 BMW M5c, Ducatis, 2019 Ford Raptor (RIP!)
Walking back from feeding the horses tonight and noticed oil on the driveway. TRX is definitely leaking oil:( I will be checking it out tomorrow when there is more light. If it's a loose line/plug I'm going to be pretty annoyed... Just had an oil change a few weeks ago too.

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
Take a look at the oil cooler lines and the oil temp sensor. Those are known leak areas.

prochef1

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX Launch Edition
Military
Marine Corp
Hello, I was under the truck yesterday installing power running boards. Just hit 500 miles and there was a small drop of oil on the bellhousing just after the engine. it was not dripping but it was almost to that point, enough for me to wipe it off with my finger. I hadn't notice any leak in the driveway or garage. afraid it may be a rear main seal issue. anyone come across this?
I had a leak about 7 months ago, I started seeing spots on the driveway. I had it towed back to the Deslership and it turned out to be the oil filter bracket needed replacement, all good now..

brewha

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021?TRX
Walking back from feeding the horses tonight and noticed oil on the driveway. TRX is definitely leaking oil:( I will be checking it out tomorrow when there is more light. If it's a loose line/plug I'm going to be pretty annoyed... Just had an oil change a few weeks ago too.
Engine block plug and oil sensor above oil cooler adapter seem to be a common cause of oil leaks

DevonDragon

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
This is where I *think* it's coming from. The fitting seems tight though. I have an appt for the speed limiter/limp mode issue on Tuesday, so worst case I'll have them look at it. I was hoping it would be something I could fix by tightening something myself:).

Attachments

• IMG_5665.jpeg
    IMG_5665.jpeg
    305.5 KB · Views: 22
OP
TRXDAVE

TRXDAVE

TRX Member
Reaction score
Military
ARMY
This is where I *think* it's coming from. The fitting seems tight though. I have an appt for the speed limiter/limp mode issue on Tuesday, so worst case I'll have them look at it. I was hoping it would be something I could fix by tightening something myself:).
1st Dealer told me they had to replace the oil cooler line adapter that was bolted to the block, said my rear main seal was fine and the oil was coming from the cooler adapter leak. I opend up a ramcares case because I knew the rear main was leaking as well. An FCA rep did not approve the rear main to be replaced. when I got it back it was still leaking from boths sites.
2nd Dealer said it was the cooler line fitting leaking, also stated that the rear main was fine and the oil leak from the cooler line fitting was accummulating on the bottom of my transmission bellhousing.
Currently back at the 2nd Dealer because the rear main is leaking and with no leak anymore around the cooler lines hopefully they have no more excuses to bullshit me.

DevonDragon

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
That sucks:(. What a pita:(

OP
TRXDAVE

TRXDAVE

TRX Member
Reaction score
Military
ARMY
Just got off the phone the dealer stated there was a new bulletin on this issue and they will be replacing the rear main seal. Part is ordered, probably be done next week.

brewha

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021?TRX
That’s what mine looked like, but it was the engine block plug almost directly above it. You can see it from up top of the engine with hood open obviously. There is an oil sensor directly above the oil adapter lines that was loose on a friend of mines that was causing the same issue. He thought it was the adapter lines being loose as well but it was just the sensor had come loose.

DevonDragon

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
@brewha you were right, it was the oil sensor! Being replaced now. They are still "working on" the limp mode/speed limited issue. Hope to get it back soon.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton