Please listen to video

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
How the hell is it taking this long just to DIAGNOSE the problem?!
Did their “engineers” go to University of Phoenix or something?!
Hey wait a minute, I got my edumacation from thar. Once I caint spell eganear, now I are won. Now We know where FCA folks got edumacated. This explains the wacky order process.

OP
Crazyotter

Crazyotter

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
M3
miltary
USMC
Clocks a ticking.
1613588851925.jpeg

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
I was advised to leave them alone from now on. I will be sending no communications there way, only responding as needed.
I have used the lemon law in WI when I purchased a Lincoln MKX. The infotainment kept crashing and unfortunately it was the only process to control many of the features of the car. It was a systemic issues with all of them that year and model. If they had button to control thing when the infotainment went down it would have been different but they did not have that. In the end I only had to pay for mileage on the vehicle from the time I started to file which was something like 900 miles. It took a long time to go through the process and by the time it was done there were thousands of miles added that I did not have to pay for. I received a full buyback minus the fee for 900 or so miles.

If I stay the course and pick up a TRX I will be documenting everything through the service department just in case. No mercy for FCA. Point is make sure you get good documentation and get it early. If an issue starts right away but you wait for a couple thousand miles to have it documented it will cost you for every mile.

OP
Crazyotter

Crazyotter

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
M3
miltary
USMC
I have used the lemon law in WI when I purchased a Lincoln MKX. The infotainment kept crashing and unfortunately it was the only process to control many of the features of the car. It was a systemic issues with all of them that year and model. If they had button to control thing when the infotainment went down it would have been different but they did not have that. In the end I only had to pay for mileage on the vehicle from the time I started to file which was something like 900 miles. It took a long time to go through the process and by the time it was done there were thousands of miles added that I did not have to pay for. I received a full buyback minus the fee for 900 or so miles.

If I stay the course and pick up a TRX I will be documenting everything through the service department just in case. No mercy for FCA. Point is make sure you get good documentation and get it early. If an issue starts right away but you wait for a couple thousand miles to have it documented it will cost you for every mile.
Ideally I’d like to have them buy this one back and let me drive it until the 22 replacement is available.
I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
miltary
Army
Ideally I’d like to have them buy this one back and let me drive it until the 22 replacement is available.
I don’t think that’s unreasonable.
That sounds like a good idea provided they fix the issues with the 22 model year. I am not holding my breath based upon the stellar performance seen in the ordering process.

Jester

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
miltary
Air Force
View attachment 5593
very interesting how it’s normal now when we’re almost at 30 days. I’m taking it to another dealer
I've had 4 hemi's, 5.7 and 6.4, definitely known as the Hemi tick. Not what you want to hear. Not all had it, and as I mentioned prior, when I put headers on my 5.7 I could hear it while driving under my floor board where the headers collected.

My TRX has a little of it as well.

Imperial4ever

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram truck
What are you going to do?
I would say, if you are not happy with the final determination from RAM, unload the TRX and it will be someone else's problem. And then, never buy another Chrysler, Daimler, Cerebus, Chrysler Group, FCA, Stellantis or whatver they are called,...again. Get a Raptor.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
My concern is... because they have concluded that there was “no issue” and the sound was normal, technically it wouldn’t count as a single day in the shop under lemon law.... because there was nothing to fix....
I’m not an attorney but don’t believe it works this way.

HiElevation

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Tundra Platinum
My concern is... because they have concluded that there was “no issue” and the sound was normal, technically it wouldn’t count as a single day in the shop under lemon law.... because there was nothing to fix....
Ram may feel like that protects them, but not sure a court would see it the same. Save that email that says it happens on some of the TRXs and Rams. Some means normal is very debatable. Say "Cool, I want a motor out of the 'some' that don't squeak".

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com