Picking up new TRX check off list and PDI information.

Big500

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Charger Hellcat
We had done this on the 392 Jeep forum and, I thought it would be a good idea to do it here. Especially since there are a lot of people picking up their vehicles out of state and then driving them home. You should receive the following:
1) 2 sets of keys
2) window sticker
3) floor mats front and rear
4) manual package shrink wrapped together in the glove box.
5) a splice kit with heat shrink tubing for the aux switches (I never saw these although they were mentioned in the manual)
6) Ram TRX addendum located in center console.
7) front license plate bracket if your state has one.
8) trailer kit - block off when you remove the tailgate for towing.

If anyone else has anything else to add we can add it to the list and maybe get this post stickeyed. We can also add pictures so the people can show the dealer.
Big500

Last edited:
Here are a few older threads that have good information to reference:

Here are others.

Attachments

• TRX ISSUES LIST 3.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 203
  • Chrysler PDI.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Here are pictures of the items that were in my 2022 TRX
9B0DE3E3-029F-4E8B-A658-0F65F4ACE897.jpeg
E8FC4C0B-42BF-40C5-BA4C-7B9085242CC5.jpeg
D18E80ED-41C0-447C-AA94-E0FB8206CF9C.jpeg
A3421A61-9C8D-4EDF-95E3-C159D7C9FAB1.jpeg
069E99B2-DB10-4EC1-9CC2-D831C76EE87A.jpeg
6290B833-3C83-4C06-8916-344608B4F7C9.jpeg
9722DB81-B7DA-45BE-8021-10A19A4ED522.jpeg
8321E578-1C12-41DC-8685-E4CB7EA2F4FB.jpeg
E8FC4C0B-42BF-40C5-BA4C-7B9085242CC5.jpeg

Dan Cummins in Paris did not give me front license bracket. I asked before picking up the vehicle and not sure if they do in Georgetown location?

Dan Cummins in Paris did not give me front license bracket. I asked before picking up the vehicle and not sure if they do in Georgetown location?
Never got one either from Georgetown, although my state has front plates, I have not ran one in years. Only the corrupt city of Chicago and crook county give problems but I don't go to that shit hole.

I didn’t get one at Chapman in Pa either, they told me that the dealers don’t get them in states that don’t require a front plate ?

I didn’t get one at Chapman in Pa either, they told me that the dealers don’t get them in states that don’t require a front plate ?
Ohio until just recently was a twin plate state. The dealers told us they were required by law to put on the front bracket or they would get in trouble. Almost all of them would respect your wishes if you had a nice car about not putting them on. I am pretty sure it is based off where the vehicle is ordered as to whether or not the front bracket gets included or not.

Here are a few older threads that have good information to reference:

Here are others.
Still kinda new here. I know I have some time to wait for my truck but wanted to gather info. Are these the most up to date checklists and items to look for when picking up the vehicle from the dealer?

They would be unless there is something different that is given on the 2023’s.

We had done this on the 392 Jeep forum and, I thought it would be a good idea to do it here. Especially since there are a lot of people picking up their vehicles out of state and then driving them home. You should receive the following:
1) 2 sets of keys
2) window sticker
3) floor mats front and rear
4) manual package shrink wrapped together in the glove box.
5) a splice kit with heat shrink tubing for the aux switches (I never saw these although they were mentioned in the manual)
6) Ram TRX addendum located in center console.
7) front license plate bracket if your state has one.
8) trailer kit - block off when you remove the tailgate for towing.

If anyone else has anything else to add we can add it to the list and maybe get this post stickeyed. We can also add pictures so the people can show the dealer.
Big500
Thanks @Big500 and others for contributing. Getting ready to take delivery in a month or two, and this thread looks to be one of the most comprehensive list of issues to check at delivery. Is there a better one? Anything else big we're missing?
Good discussion on this slightly newer post about expectations as well. I'd love for the dealer to catch every nit, but appreciate that some things might slide through and those can be repaired/fixed at local service center.

I guess we also need to add the following for a 2023 Level 2 :
- red stitching for grab handles if that option chosen
- dash and rear door illumination LED lights
- Anything else popping up?

Also resharing a PDF list that @Cromin8tor had reshared earlier. (I think it's in this current post above as well)

Thanks all!

Attachments

• TRX Dealer Pickup Checklist 20210226 7 (1).pdf
    258.8 KB · Views: 50
Is everyone getting a "trailer kit"? My dealer (bought a new 23 off the lot last month) had no clue what I was talking about, and is still fighting me over the "splice kit" that the manual mentions. Is there a photo of a splice kit?

Is everyone getting a "trailer kit"? My dealer (bought a new 23 off the lot last month) had no clue what I was talking about, and is still fighting me over the "splice kit" that the manual mentions. Is there a photo of a splice kit?

My trailer kit came with TPMS trailer sensors.
trailer-tpms-sensor-kit.JPG

Are you referring to this as the splice kit? - Wiring-Trailer Tow - Mopar (68361100AC)

mopar-68361100AC-wiring-trailer-tow.JPG

It connects and safeguards the tailgate wiring harness, useful for times when you remove the tailgate.

Haven’t seen any of those. Some forum member mentioned the trailer kit was a set of plastic plugs that filled in the holes when the tailgate is removed for certain trailer applications.

Back