Ziegsraiders

Ziegsraiders

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ryan
Current Ride
NA
Looks awesome! Is that the Black Rhion Raid? Looking at the BR website it looks like it's an 18x9.5 with +12 offset. If that's the case then it's good to know they fit with no rubbing! That means up to +12mm out from stock works without rubbing.
yes, they are the raids. However, they are rubbing (minimal) when the wheel is fully turned. it isn't causing damage or happening often. i am editing the post right now.

BusaDave

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
you're right, they o slightly at full turn--nothing major and doesn't happen often. However, i will out stock wheels and rims on if i go off roading.
Very smart to use those as mall crawler tires and wheels. Off road you will do some ugly damage depending on speed, how the wheel is turned and how far the suspension travels and if you are going downhill with the wheel turned that is the worst. I have when I was a much younger guy 1983 I think, who thought I knew it all did damage to a couple of tires (both were not usable but did not deflate) and the inside of a fender well on the outside rear corner. That being said have seen some really ugly things happen including tire failures.

Eventually even on the street you will have the wheels turned going into a parking lot or driveway and you will get bad enough rubbing that you will notice a few outside lugs missing on the edge of your tire.

Unfortunately, sometimes actual experience you learn hard lessons from is not cheap unlike this post it is free. 😁

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Raptor, 2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
Very smart to use those as mall crawler tires and wheels. Off road you will do some ugly damage depending on speed, how the wheel is turned and how far the suspension travels and if you are going downhill with the wheel turned that is the worst. I have when I was a much younger guy 1983 I think, who thought I knew it all did damage to a couple of tires (both were not usable but did not deflate) and the inside of a fender well on the outside rear corner. That being said have seen some really ugly things happen including tire failures.

Eventually even on the street you will have the wheels turned going into a parking lot or driveway and you will get bad enough rubbing that you will notice a few outside lugs missing on the edge of your tire.

Unfortunately, sometimes actual experience you learn hard lessons from is not cheap unlike this post it is free. 😁

All of this is true.........But 37s are sooooo sweet!

BusaDave

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Name
Dave
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M
All of this is true.........But 37s are sooooo sweet!
Yes I agree they do look good! That is not the issue at hand though.

I have and will go to my grave valuing performance over cosmetics. Not everyone is this way and I completely understand that........

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Raptor, 2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport

I have and will go to my grave valuing performance over cosmetics. Not everyone is this way and I completely understand that........

I concur and think a great option as the OP mentioned and others have done is to keep the stocker 35s for mudding and go 37s for street only use. Best of both worlds.

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
37s fit, you just have to run the factory offset. I haven't confirmed they don't have ANY contact off-road, but it appears they would clear without issue if you run factory offset even in offroad situations. In terms of performance, generally speaking larger tires offer performance advantages over smaller tires. There trade-offs, but there is a reason Trophy Trucks usually run 39" tires.

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
37s fit, you just have to run the factory offset. I haven't confirmed they don't have ANY contact off-road, but it appears they would clear without issue if you run factory offset even in offroad situations. In terms of performance, generally speaking larger tires offer performance advantages over smaller tires. There trade-offs, but there is a reason Trophy Trucks usually run 39" tires.

So if the factory wheel is 18X9 with a +19 offset, what offset would be required when running 18X9.5 wheels and 37s?

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
+22 to +26 would be ideal. That keeps the outer position within +/-2mm of factory. The trick would be finding a wheel with an offset in that range. I think Black Rhino, KMC, and a handful of Fuel wheels are available in that size with +25 offset. There might be some others as well, or the other option would be custom wheel if you don't like any of the styles that are offered in that size.

Edit: Upon further inspection I'm not sure who makes an 18x9.5 with an offset in that range. 18x9 would be more likely than 18x9.5, but I didn't do an exhaustive search.

Last edited:
OP
Ziegsraiders

Ziegsraiders

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ryan
Current Ride
NA

I agree. However, like I said, I will put stock wheels/tires on when I go off-roading. I work at a dealership, so swapping them is easy for me.

OP
Ziegsraiders

Ziegsraiders

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Ryan
Current Ride
NA
Yep. Plenty of members with 37's on the factory wheels.

kmr

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Kevin
Current Ride
2019 BMW M5C, 2021 X7, 1199S
+22 to +26 would be ideal. That keeps the outer position within +/-2mm of factory. The trick would be finding a wheel with an offset in that range. I think Black Rhino, KMC, and a handful of Fuel wheels are available in that size with +25 offset. There might be some others as well, or the other option would be custom wheel if you don't like any of the styles that are offered in that size.

Edit: Upon further inspection I'm not sure who makes an 18x9.5 with an offset in that range. 18x9 would be more likely than 18x9.5, but I didn't do an exhaustive search.

Vossen makes a 24x10 with +25 offset that may be perfect with a 37 tire setup. They also have a 24x9.

CustomPerformance

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Vossen makes a 24x10 with +25 offset that may be perfect with a 37 tire setup. They also have a 24x9.
24x10 with +25 is about 1/4" further out than factory, so it would be tight but depending on the particular tire it might work. Good find, thanks for sharing.

WyattS42

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Graphite TRX
24x10 with +25 is about 1/4" further out than factory, so it would be tight but depending on the particular tire it might work. Good find, thanks for sharing.
Wondering if a 22x9.5 with a +20 offset with 37x12.5or13.5 would work after installing the 1.5” leveling kit from Sully 🤔

kmr

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Kevin
Current Ride
With leveling kit and the math I have done I bet it would work. I just dont want to do a leveling kit..... at this point.

WyattS42

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Graphite TRX
I like the look of 37s on 22s a lot. But for this truck I may go with 37 on a 20 just to be a little beefier, matches the off-road look/purpose of the truck a little better

kmr

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Kevin
Current Ride
If you're running 24s, I wouldn't think how they perform off-road would be the #1 priority.
That's what I would have the stock wheels for. Don't we all have the outside get shit done shoes versus the take the wife to dinner shoe? haha

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
After you install the spacers on your $90k truck that you bought off ebay from a guy named Sully, be sure to look into the big brake kit also available on ebay from a guy named Wilbur. Now you are ready for that 22" wheel package!!

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com