Photoshop colors

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Some colors I thought looked pretty cool in Photoshop.
If only they gave the TRX some SRT love so we could get some Hellcat colors
1601860985365.png

1601861069579.png

1601861110490.png

1601861146894.png

1601861191617.png

Some colors I thought looked pretty cool in Photoshop.
If only they gave the TRX some SRT love so we could get some Hellcat colors
View attachment 951

View attachment 952
View attachment 953

View attachment 954

View attachment 955
Looking good, gives some ideas of what a wrap might look like....I am really contemplating painting mine with dodge F8 green with the 2 tone black but the thought of sanding down a brand new truck makes me die a little inside...maybe I'll wait until it has a few off road trips under its belt and needs to be "brightened up"

Liquid wrap... Whatever color you want

Liquid wrap... Whatever color you want
Most of the money in a good paint job is in the prep of disassembling the whole vehicle which they still are doing so I doubt this is much cheaper and even might be more expensive as they seem to be marketing it to supercars who care about keeping the "value" of the original paint....

Good video though and seems like a good product if you want to essentially "paint" your car with the option to go back to factory, I would be curious to see if they offer to sell the product directly to the consumer to apply themselves

I'm going to get a quote when mine gets here and compare my options between it, clear bra, and a wrap.

Most of the money in a good paint job is in the prep of disassembling the whole vehicle which they still are doing so I doubt this is much cheaper and even might be more expensive as they seem to be marketing it to supercars who care about keeping the "value" of the original paint....

Good video though and seems like a good product if you want to essentially "paint" your car with the option to go back to factory, I would be curious to see if they offer to sell the product directly to the consumer to apply themselves
honestly... the prep is in the masking and taping off of windows and trim. and a great clay bar wash is helpful
with a quality sprayer, plasti dip can have an incredibly pleasing satin finish with no prep to the surface other then cleaning.
plasti dip works

i am not tearing down a new urus lol but that liquid skin looks like a great product

i am considering a black linex for the trx....there is a reason i selected one without graphics, im not just crazy

All look great, love to have had mine in hellraisn. Going to be pissed if they do next year
And you know that's how it usually happens. They dropped the ball for sure on colors and they are allegedly supposed to release ignition orange as a late color. The TRX would of looked awesome in purple.

I'm right there with you! It would be awesome if the MOPAR colors transferred over from the Challenger / Charger.

My Sales Rep said the same thing! she would love to see one in Yellow.
I'm going to be pissed if they add colors, I'd love to have gotten hellraisn

So, question for you guys who are without a doubt more experienced in this area than me. What are the pros/cons in comparing straight paint job v a wrap? Does it simply boil down to permanence and cost? Mine will be white (allocation i found available at the time I ordered) so I will probably want to make an adjustment but not sure the "right" path.

A wrap will allow you to change the color and if you sell your truck, just peel the wrap off and you'll have fresh paint. Even if you re paint a car or this truck, you'll still need some paint protection on top of it.

A wrap will allow you to change the color and if you sell your truck, just peel the wrap off and you'll have fresh paint. Even if you re paint a car or this truck, you'll still need some paint protection on top of it.
How much does a decent wrap cost on a vehicle this big?

How much does a decent wrap cost on a vehicle this big?
If you are comparing quality to quality a wrap is usually about half the price of a paint job.....What I mean by that is you can get a really crappy wrap done for $1500 or a really crappy paint job done for $3000 or you can get a really nice wrap done for $4000 and a really nice paint job (excluding crazy expensive color shift paint) for $8000 on a truck this size and if you shop around you can likely find price quotes for both everywhere in between.

A lot of the cost of painting or wrapping is time and labor in taking the vehicle apart so everything can be painted or wrapped properly and the main difference in the cost of a crappy job vs a good one is how much of the vehicle they actually take apart. To wrap a truck properly the whole bed has to be taken off along with all the badges lights grill bumpers etc but if you leave all that stuff in place and just wrap what you can reach you will have creases in the wrap and spots where you can see the original body color.

The benefit of going with a wrap especially on a vehicle that likely will have high resale value and might become a collector is OEM paint is always more desirable and valuable than a repainted vehicle, even if you repaint a numbers matching classic with the exact same color a lot of the time as long as it wasn't rusty you actually devalued the vehicle. And obviously wrap is less expensive in the short term

The benefit of going with paint is it will look nicer and last longer for sure and if you are sure of the color you want for long term it will be cheaper to paint it once than to have to wrap it several times

Back