M3Master

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
For anyone considering Performance CDJR and/or using Stopwatch to ship to wherever you live, this is worth the short read.

TLDR: They are both outstanding.

Performance CDJR (Kurt is the GM @fishforlife37) :
  1. Ordered from Kurt's salesman John Barnett on 8/25. Gave him a $500 deposit, signed the POC, provided a copy of my ID and away it went. Had a VIN in 2 days.
  2. Was stuck in D for several months like everyone else. Build date(D1) was about 12/7.
  3. Truck arrived at the dealership on 12/22. We started the paperwork via DocuSign. Most of it got done electronically but there was some hiccup on one piece. They overnighted me the paper I needed to sign on their dime and then also paid for overnight back to them on their dime.
  4. Shipping is really backed up right now(no-ones fault). Truck arrived in my driveway late last night in Austin on 1/9. It is in perfect condition.
  5. The ONLY hiccup is that they had forgotten to put a temp tag on the truck. I called John and he instance emailed me the tag and profusely apologized.
  6. As everyone knows, there have been a couple of price hikes since 8/25. These guys honored what they told me and protected my original quote. Sticker was 93,xxx and I was out the door for 83,xxx. No bs add-on, no hidden fees, NO surprises.

Stopwatch shipping.
  1. @Jaron@StopwatchUSA IS AWESOME. The price was super fair. He kept me informed the whole time. He handled everything with the pickup from the dealer.
  2. They picked up my truck in Delaware OH at 3pm on 1/9. It arrived in my driveway, 1200ish miles away, the next day at 11pm. The driver even texted me and asked if I'd like it delivered that night or in the morning.
  3. The truck was strapped down super secure. And it was strapped down correctly. It was the rear most vehicle on the 3 vehicle trailer so it took the least amount of road debris. I can't see any rock chips or any damage whatsoever.
If you are thinking of going w/ Stopwatch...please do so. You won't find better service IMHO.

Both of these companies go above and beyond. So much so that I ordered a second TRX from John and will definitely be hiring Jaron to ship it for me.

This is great and perfect timing. Thanks for this post.

I just received word that my truck (level 2 black ordered 8/13) is scheduled to arrive at Performance (Delaware, OH) tomorrow Morning. I plan on using Jaron to ship it to South Florida as well.

Awesome. Thanks for posting this. I dealt with Kurt and Jaron directly. This helps put my mind at ease.

Did your truck have the HK, and tech?

Awesome. Thanks for posting this. I dealt with Kurt and Jaron directly. This helps put my mind at ease.

Did your truck have the HK, and tech?
Yep. Had everything promised and everything I ordered. Exactly as I expected.

For anyone considering Performance CDJR and/or using Stopwatch to ship to wherever you live, this is worth the short read.

TLDR: They are both outstanding.

Performance CDJR (Kurt is the GM @fishforlife37) :
  1. Ordered from Kurt's salesman John Barnett on 8/25. Gave him a $500 deposit, signed the POC, provided a copy of my ID and away it went. Had a VIN in 2 days.
  2. Was stuck in D for several months like everyone else. Build date(D1) was about 12/7.
  3. Truck arrived at the dealership on 12/22. We started the paperwork via DocuSign. Most of it got done electronically but there was some hiccup on one piece. They overnighted me the paper I needed to sign on their dime and then also paid for overnight back to them on their dime.
  4. Shipping is really backed up right now(no-ones fault). Truck arrived in my driveway late last night in Austin on 1/9. It is in perfect condition.
  5. The ONLY hiccup is that they had forgotten to put a temp tag on the truck. I called John and he instance emailed me the tag and profusely apologized.
  6. As everyone knows, there have been a couple of price hikes since 8/25. These guys honored what they told me and protected my original quote. Sticker was 93,xxx and I was out the door for 83,xxx. No bs add-on, no hidden fees, NO surprises.

Stopwatch shipping.
  1. @Jaron@StopwatchUSA IS AWESOME. The price was super fair. He kept me informed the whole time. He handled everything with the pickup from the dealer.
  2. They picked up my truck in Delaware OH at 3pm on 1/9. It arrived in my driveway, 1200ish miles away, the next day at 11pm. The driver even texted me and asked if I'd like it delivered that night or in the morning.
  3. The truck was strapped down super secure. And it was strapped down correctly. It was the rear most vehicle on the 3 vehicle trailer so it took the least amount of road debris. I can't see any rock chips or any damage whatsoever.
If you are thinking of going w/ Stopwatch...please do so. You won't find better service IMHO.

Both of these companies go above and beyond. So much so that I ordered a second TRX from John and will definitely be hiring Jaron to ship it for me.
I have a very similar scenario if my truck every gets built, but shipping to Ft Worth from Performanceinstead of the People's Republic. Can we ask about shipping cost? I plan on using Jaron as well, I had booked and cancelled with him on a car shipment to TX from WA state, was great to work with.

I ordered fro Kurt as well and he was fantastic!! They picked me up at the airport and I drove it home to Fort Worth TX ! It was one hell of a drive home too!!

I just received word that my truck (level 2 black ordered 8/13) is scheduled to arrive at Performance (Delaware, OH) tomorrow Morning. I plan on using Jaron to ship it to South Florida as well.
So you're the one holding up my transport today :p

Jaron was to pickup my TRX today at Performance OH, but he just called me and said there's a second vehicle that also needs to be picked up at same dealership and won't be ready until tomorrow. Mine's coming down to Fort Lauderdale area.

9/20: Ordered
11/20: Window Sticker
12/17: Arrived at dealer
1/10: Waiting for Stopwatch to pick it up

So, with respect to shipping cost. From Delaware OH, to Austin TX... Stopwatch quoted me $1350. I got impatient and asked Jaron to sweeten the deal by a couple hundred bucks so it got picked up quicker. Once I did that, it was on a truck the next day. It got from OH to my doorstep in about 30 hrs.

I'd be interested in knowing how this works out for you as well in the end. I'll need to ship a vehicle up and possibly the TRX back down here to Tampa and need to find a super reliable source to handle that.

So you're the one holding up my transport today :p

Jaron was to pickup my TRX today at Performance OH, but he just called me and said there's a second vehicle that also needs to be picked up at same dealership and won't be ready until tomorrow. Mine's coming down to Fort Lauderdale area.

9/20: Ordered
11/20: Window Sticker
12/17: Arrived at dealer
1/10: Waiting for Stopwatch to pick it up
Might be @BEAST489

More a FYI to prepare anyone that may be in my scenario.

Working through finance with Performance Delaware now and they seem like good guys thus far (got a pretty good rate). One thing we uncovered is that if you have level 2 that includes hk+tech ($9995), they will not price protect the level 2 package. Actually makes sense as I would be otherwise receiving these items for free since we couldn’t add-on as separate features during ordering.

However, they are protecting base price. I’m ultimately paying about $2,200 (difference from old level 2 price $7,750 and new level 2 price $9,995) more than original POC, which I would have paid if I ordered hk+tech separately.

I think M3 got lucky if he was fully protected as I received “manufacturer won’t honor price protection on optional equipment”. Assuming they got rejected and had to eat cost on ones that slipped through.

Just FYI for the budgeters out there!

Last edited:
More a FYI to prepare anyone that may be in my scenario.

Working through finance with Performance Delaware now and they seem like good guys thus far (got a pretty good rate). One thing we uncovered is that if you have level 2 that includes hk+tech ($9995), they will not price protect the level 2 package. Actually makes sense as I would be otherwise receiving these items for free since we couldn’t add-on as separate features during ordering.

However, they are protecting base price. I’m ultimately paying about $2,200 (difference from old level 2 price $7,750 and new level 2 price $9,995) more than original POC, which I would have paid if I ordered hk+tech separately.

I think M3 got lucky if he was fully protected as I received “manufacturer won’t honor price protection on optional equipment”. Assuming they got rejected and had to eat cost on ones that slipped through.

Just FYI for the budgeters out there!
Same thing for me on the Lvl 2. They price matched the rest and it was still around 10k less than the current sticker price.

I had a couple scratches noted from the shipper on pickup and they told me to take it to a detail/body shop and get everything fixed and they would cover. Stand up people. Would happily buy from them again.

Same thing for me on the Lvl 2. They price matched the rest and it was still around 10k less than the current sticker price.

I had a couple scratches noted from the shipper on pickup and they told me to take it to a detail/body shop and get everything fixed and they would cover. Stand up people. Would happily buy from them again.
Glad to hear they are fixing for you. I’m about $8,800 from sticker. Not bad.

I will let you all know the experience once truck is delivered and picked up.

Order my level 2 August 12, still waiting. I think Ram Care is designed to get you to shut up for a little bit, every time you call, you get a different answer.

As far as Performance, dealt with Kurt directly. Worried hearing things from other deals going bad, but he has my price locked in and has kept in touch. When I ask for an update, he is quick to respond. Looking forward to picking mine up and breaking it in on my way back to Nashville.

No experience yet, but so far they have been amazing.

Order my level 2 August 12, still waiting. I think Ram Care is designed to get you to shut up for a little bit, every time you call, you get a different answer.

As far as Performance, dealt with Kurt directly. Worried hearing things from other deals going bad, but he has my price locked in and has kept in touch. When I ask for an update, he is quick to respond. Looking forward to picking mine up and breaking it in on my way back to Nashville.

I ordered same day as you and was fortunate to get my truck to move forward. I too dealt with Kurt primarily.

How do you contact Kurt? I've had a few emails that he hasn't responded too.

Yea, not quite sure what up with that. My first 3-4 months was great with communication. Or so I thought. First off, I’m not getting HK or Tech like I ordered(Not Performance’s fault). However, I’m also not getting the Mopar steps that Kurt said he had for me when I asked if I needed to order them back in November. He said no they had some and they’ll install them when my truck comes in. I guess he forgot.🤦🏻‍♂️ Needless to say, this has not been a fun first time experience ordering a vehicle with all the specs I wanted.

Yea, not quite sure what up with that. My first 3-4 months was great with communication. Or so I thought. First off, I’m not getting HK or Tech like I ordered(Not Performance’s fault). However, I’m also not getting the Mopar steps that Kurt said he had for me when I asked if I needed to order them back in November. He said no they had some and they’ll install them when my truck comes in. I guess he forgot.🤦🏻‍♂️ Needless to say, this has not been a fun first time experience ordering a vehicle with all the specs I wanted.
Exact same with steps. Ironically, I went through local CJDR dealer for steps and they arrived today..smh👀

Chatted with my Performance salesman and he said they still can’t get steps. Not sure what’s going on over there (maybe they don’t want to order and install), but hey they gave me a good loan rate.

Back