Performance CDJR in OH + Stopwatch Shipping to TX

Kurt told me they had 8 pairs a few weeks back and ordered every step Akron had...sold them all. I'm in the same boat, changed my order to exclude off-road steps when I decided I liked the power ones better...truck is patiently waiting for me to drive up next week.

Kurt told me they had 8 pairs a few weeks back and ordered every step Akron had...sold them all. I'm in the same boat, changed my order to exclude off-road steps when I decided I liked the power ones better...truck is patiently waiting for me to drive up next week.
That’s what pisses me off. I would have paid for them right then, but he told me he had me some for when my truck came in.
Mine is sitting there right now too. I’m flying up next week!

Attachments

• 33A556AF-DD73-4B1E-9632-7490BCB95F45.jpeg
    33A556AF-DD73-4B1E-9632-7490BCB95F45.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 26
I wish they would tell me if a certain part is holding mine up. might be something I can live without.

Reactions: qak
So, with respect to shipping cost. From Delaware OH, to Austin TX... Stopwatch quoted me $1350. I got impatient and asked Jaron to sweeten the deal by a couple hundred bucks so it got picked up quicker. Once I did that, it was on a truck the next day. It got from OH to my doorstep in about 30 hrs.
Man for that price I would have gotten it shipped... I thought it was a lot more

I wish they would tell me if a certain part is holding mine up. might be something I can live without.
At this point you can’t make changes anyway without going to the back of the line…whatever fucked up line FCA uses lol.

Hang in there. It’s worth the wait.

So, after waiting all this time(5 months and counting) and with the increase for the L2, I went ahead and cancelled my order with Kurt. Not sure if I am going to order another 22 or just wait until the 23's come out and see what kind of colors/options they will have. I'm going to keep lurking on the forum for now and see if RAM ever gets this shitshow straight.

No hard feelings toward Kurt or Performance. Kurt did say that over half of his initial orders have yet to be built. Good luck to those early guys still waiting. I'm rooting for you!!

Sucks man, I get it. Kurt actually called me yesterday with a build date of 1/30. I ordered August 12, VIN 151 group. It does seem like things are moving faster than they were before. I’m afraid 23’s will be an even bigger shitshow as it’s the last year of the Hellcat. Kurt has been awesome so far. Don’t see any reason that should change. But honestly, I am not in a super rush to get it, I could have waited longer.

Wanted to update this thread after my experience this past weekend. My truck was delivered in 1/6 but I couldn’t make the trek from S FL to Ohio until this past Friday. Woke up and left the house at 3:00 am and got to Columbus around 7:00 PM…1100 miles.

Woke up around 8 am to a balmy 9 degrees and sent Kurt a message that I would be in when they opened. One of his salesmen, Adam guided me through the whole process and dealt with my trade in. They honored my trade quote that they gave me 6-8 weeks earlier. I took the truck for a spin and told them don’t bother washing as I had a long drive back. The whole process took about 2 hrs as I didn’t do any paperwork prior to arrival since I had a trade. Everyone at the dealer were very genuine and I can’t recommend them enough.

I started the journey south around noon time and got home around 3:30 am. All in all, a 48 hr journey with 32 hrs of driving.

First impressions…love the damn truck. UConnect had a CarPlay issue halfway home but after a soft reset the next day it’s fine. Tow mirrors suck compared to my Super Duty ones, especially when highway driving in the dark. I find the rear view mirror works better in normal mode at night and use the camera mode in daylight hours…

Still haven’t punched it hard…just easing into this amazing truck! Definitely needs a bath though after all the de-icing crap I drove through.

For anyone considering Performance CDJR and/or using Stopwatch to ship to wherever you live, this is worth the short read.

TLDR: They are both outstanding.

Performance CDJR (Kurt is the GM @fishforlife37) :
  1. Ordered from Kurt's salesman John Barnett on 8/25. Gave him a $500 deposit, signed the POC, provided a copy of my ID and away it went. Had a VIN in 2 days.
  2. Was stuck in D for several months like everyone else. Build date(D1) was about 12/7.
  3. Truck arrived at the dealership on 12/22. We started the paperwork via DocuSign. Most of it got done electronically but there was some hiccup on one piece. They overnighted me the paper I needed to sign on their dime and then also paid for overnight back to them on their dime.
  4. Shipping is really backed up right now(no-ones fault). Truck arrived in my driveway late last night in Austin on 1/9. It is in perfect condition.
  5. The ONLY hiccup is that they had forgotten to put a temp tag on the truck. I called John and he instance emailed me the tag and profusely apologized.
  6. As everyone knows, there have been a couple of price hikes since 8/25. These guys honored what they told me and protected my original quote. Sticker was 93,xxx and I was out the door for 83,xxx. No bs add-on, no hidden fees, NO surprises.

Stopwatch shipping.
  1. @Jaron@StopwatchUSA IS AWESOME. The price was super fair. He kept me informed the whole time. He handled everything with the pickup from the dealer.
  2. They picked up my truck in Delaware OH at 3pm on 1/9. It arrived in my driveway, 1200ish miles away, the next day at 11pm. The driver even texted me and asked if I'd like it delivered that night or in the morning.
  3. The truck was strapped down super secure. And it was strapped down correctly. It was the rear most vehicle on the 3 vehicle trailer so it took the least amount of road debris. I can't see any rock chips or any damage whatsoever.
If you are thinking of going w/ Stopwatch...please do so. You won't find better service IMHO.

Both of these companies go above and beyond. So much so that I ordered a second TRX from John and will definitely be hiring Jaron to ship it for me.
Did you pay local Ohio sales tax?

What do you expect to pay to get TX plates?

Did you pay local Ohio sales tax?

What do you expect to pay to get TX plates?
Dude, I am still ongoing w/ this process. It is a complete pain in the ass. I have all the paperwork together, but I don't have a title. The dealer in OH is unclear if they sent it to the TX tax office or not. Supposed to be getting back to me. If they sent it to the tax office, they are supposed to have some kind of tracking ID that I can give to the tax office so they can retrieve it. There might be some kind of memorandum title(no idea what the fuck that is) coming from the lien holder...which in my case is NA Bank.

To get Texas plates, it should be about 5k. 6.25% in sales tax and then a couple hundred in misc state fees.

Dude, I am still ongoing w/ this process. It is a complete pain in the ass. I have all the paperwork together, but I don't have a title. The dealer in OH is unclear if they sent it to the TX tax office or not. Supposed to be getting back to me. If they sent it to the tax office, they are supposed to have some kind of tracking ID that I can give to the tax office so they can retrieve it. There might be some kind of memorandum title(no idea what the fuck that is) coming from the lien holder...which in my case is NA Bank.

To get Texas plates, it should be about 5k. 6.25% in sales tax and then a couple hundred in misc state fees.
Idk if it's similar to CA, but I paid a portion of the taxes in OH and it showed that portion on the title they sent me. When I went to register my truck, they deducted the prepaid taxes from the total due in CA.

Idk if it's similar to CA, but I paid a portion of the taxes in OH and it showed that portion on the title they sent me. When I went to register my truck, they deducted the prepaid taxes from the total due in CA.
Maybe. OH didn't collect ANY from me. So I'm fully expecting to pay. But it's just unclear which piece of paperwork I'm still missing. Do I need the memorandum title? Did they send the title to the Texas tax office? No-one seems to know.

Maybe. OH didn't collect ANY from me. So I'm fully expecting to pay. But it's just unclear which piece of paperwork I'm still missing. Do I need the memorandum title? Did they send the title to the Texas tax office? No-one seems to know.
They mailed me the title directly and I took it to the CA DMV. The title shows the lien holder so you can register and pay the due taxes/registration

They mailed me the title directly and I took it to the CA DMV. The title shows the lien holder so you can register and pay the due taxes/registration
Well, maybe that is what the memorandum title is. Because they did tell me that would be coming my way.

When I was up there this past weekend I was able to pay my FL taxes. I was told a memorandum title would be sent and that’s what I needed to bring to register.

When I was up there this past weekend I was able to pay my FL taxes. I was told a memorandum title would be sent and that’s what I needed to bring to register.
Ok, great. I hope TX is the same and once i get that it'll be a done deal. Thanks for the info.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back