Pedal commander

What does it do?

popular on the raptor.

goes on the gas pedal harness and increase the throttle tip in.

back in the day it was popular before tunes were readily available over on the Raptors.

popular on the raptor.

goes on the gas pedal harness and increase the throttle tip in.

back in the day it was popular before tunes were readily available over on the Raptors.
Have your truck? Think it’s needed?

If I am not mistaken, it doesn't actually add any power but just adjusts as if you are pressing the pedal further in right?
It is super sensitive. Throttle reacts much quicker. And your correct no hp gain.

If I am not mistaken, it doesn't actually add any power but just adjusts as if you are pressing the pedal further in right?
That’s my understanding. It changes how the engine reads throttle input based on pedal position

Sprint Booster.. throttle response somewhat faster

I’ll know when I get mine I guess. The raptor had a very lazy tune from the factory. Still does. The truck isn’t right until you tune it but a peddle commander helps.

Have to remember... on a raptor there is turbo lag... it’s small but it’s there and it makes the throttle response a little flat.

Fords have horribly lag especially in my last 2 6.7 Power Strokes. I run my new Godzilla 7.3 gas in tow mode most of the time just to help alleviate it some.

Just a gimick, buy a real calibrator.

I wouldn't put one on my Redeye. Pretty positive I'll feel the same about the TRX.

Just a gimick, buy a real calibrator.
Is there something I’m missing? What do you mean by a real calibrator?

I should probably provide a little more information. I’m coming from a Ford platform so everything mopar is new to me. I can and have written my own tunes, have HP Tuners MPVI and VCM suite. I have amended throttle position sensor tables and have adjusted tip in based on output shaft speed. I have done and can do MAF tuning and torque based VE tuning. The Raptor has over 20 tables just for fueling.

I’m not really looking to go down the rabbit hole with this truck. I will tell you the throttle enhancers work. Be it JMS pedal max, pedal commander, take your pick, they all work the same way by altering the signal coming from the pedal on the drive by wire. Is it as good as a tune? No of course not, but I’m not looking to go there again.
Now I have no idea what the truck drives like... the raptor is laggy, lazy and needs a ton of help from the factory.

can you touch the throttle on this and will it snap you into the seat or do you have to jam it to the floor? If the answer is the latter... it’s nice to have a shorter throw.

I have a Diablosport Pulsar in my RAM 1500 Sport and I love it. I'm hopeful that I won't need one on the TRX. It's nice to have the increased throttle response regardless of the lack of HP increase. It's like the difference between a rifle with a 2 lb trigger versus a 7 lb trigger; best way I know to describe the difference.

I also have a sprint booster in my Cayman S... it's like "sport" mode on steroids and adds the ability to modify amplitude

Last edited:
My point is making your throttle more sensitive to driver input is a simple cell you can make with a hptuners type of calibrator.

Piggyback or inline signal manipulators are a thing of the old tuning days too.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back