Payload with options

Deano

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ford 250 Limited, 2016 Audi S6
Current Ride #2
2018 BMW M4, 2018 Can Am X3 RC
Anyone know what the net payload is with level 2, side steps, and sunroof? (no bead lock, bed spare tire, or ram bar). Thanks in advance.

I will have my truck in February and can tell you then, I’m eagerly waiting to find out as well.

I did not order bead lock wheels, spare tire in bed, or Rambar.... but did add the side steps, sunroof, and tow mirrors, everything else is fully loaded.

Going to guess that the sunroof probably adds almost 200 pounds.

I’m going to guess the payload will be about 1100 pounds.

My truck is supposed to get built this week and ship out the following week, so I should see it early to mid February. Will share the sticker payload once I get the truck.

I just finished a new addition for MSRP calculations from build sheets on all trucks built so far. Payload calculations seemed like a fun next project to keep me occupied. I have started requesting the payloads from users that have already received their trucks. With a handful of select stickers I should be able to narrow down the specific weight of options and then calculate the payload from the build sheet itself on all trucks.

~1180lb is the closest to what you are asking for currently. That is a TR2, bed group, running boards, HK stereo, sunroof.

Anyone know what the net payload is with level 2, side steps, and sunroof? (no bead lock, bed spare tire, or ram bar). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210117_181116.jpg
    20210117_181116.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 232
I saw TFL's stripped down truck is 1332. My current Ram is 1281 so hoping to get close to that, I did not get a sunroof, beadlocks, spare tire carrier or rambar, but otherwise most everything else. Hey the carbon fiber package should save weight right!? :ROFLMAO:

Just a follow up since I have taken delivery now. The payload on my truck ended up at 1248lb. I didn't take either of the side rail options, rambar or tire carrier because I wanted power steps and a bed cover.

@F8Demon, the options I would consider to effect weight that I see different between your build and mine are your rock rails vs my sunroof, so you may be very close to your current ram.

Just a follow up since I have taken delivery now. The payload on my truck ended up at 1248lb. I didn't take either of the side rail options, rambar or tire carrier because I wanted power steps and a bed cover.

@F8Demon, the options I would consider to effect weight that I see different between your build and mine are your rock rails vs my sunroof, so you may be very close to your current ram.
Did you happen to get the bed group package that includes the spray in bedliner, step, and cargo rails?

1200 is plenty for me....dirt bikes and gear....

I will have my truck in February and can tell you then, I’m eagerly waiting to find out as well.

I did not order bead lock wheels, spare tire in bed, or Rambar.... but did add the side steps, sunroof, and tow mirrors, everything else is fully loaded.

Going to guess that the sunroof probably adds almost 200 pounds.

I’m going to guess the payload will be about 1100 pounds.

My truck is supposed to get built this week and ship out the following week, so I should see it early to mid February. Will share the sticker payload once I get the truck.
I currently drive 2017 Rebel and my Payload sticker says 1008lbs pretty much I have every option and with a sunroof. I looked at other Rebels similar to mine without the sunroof payload went up 200lbs

Did you happen to get the bed group package that includes the spray in bedliner, step, and cargo rails?
Yes, I do have the bed utility group. The newer LED bed lights are BRIGHT by the way!

Our builds are identical (weight wise) except for your running boards vs my bed utility group

Yes, I do have the bed utility group. The newer LED bed lights are BRIGHT by the way!

Our builds are identical (weight wise) aside from you having the running boards.
I did not get the bed utility group, wondering if that will offset the weight of the runningboards and put me right about the same payload as you.

I did not get the bed utility group, wondering if that will offset the weight of the runningboards and put me right about the same payload as you.
Ha, I was in the process of correcting it, and still must have got it in before you actually submitted your reply because my edit doesn't have a timestamp :cool:

Ha, I was in the process of correcting it, and still must have got it in before you actually submitted your reply because my edit doesn't have a timestamp :cool:
Hey how is your truck? Are you enjoying it it? Hopefully no issues.

Hey how is your truck? Are you enjoying it it? Hopefully no issues.
I am LOVING it! PDI went fine. Everything checked out ok and I also checked for the issues reported here as well before signing. Got about 150 miles on it right now. I drop it off for paint correction and coating first thing Monday morning so I am going to try to get all the seat time I can over the weekend.

The panoramic roof is so large that I will likely tint the windows darker than I typically do just because of how much brighter it is inside the cab.

I am LOVING it! PDI went fine. Everything checked out ok and I also checked for the issues reported here as well before signing. Got about 150 miles on it right now. I drop it off for paint correction and coating first thing Monday morning so I am going to try to get all the seat time I can over the weekend.

The panoramic roof is so large that I will likely tint the windows darker than I typically do just because of how much brighter it is inside the cab.
That is awesome. So glad it is working out for you and your having fun.

I have finished my first pass attempt at calculating payloads from build sheets. I have only verified these against about 8 or so TRX trucks but I went to the 3 local dealers near me and got them to open the doors of a bunch of other 1500's with matching options like panoramic roofs, bed liners, advanced tech groups, etc. I have "guestimated" a few options for now but would like to compare my estimations to your trucks window stickers when they arrive.

@tkdr6 1221 lbs
@Nowwhat 1198 lbs (very close to your hope of 1200)
@F8Demon still working on this one, need a few more confirmed door stickers in the wild.

I have finished my first pass attempt at calculating payloads from build sheets. I have only verified these against about 8 or so TRX trucks but I went to the 3 local dealers near me and got them to open the doors of a bunch of other 1500's with matching options like panoramic roofs, bed liners, advanced tech groups, etc. I have "guestimated" a few options for now but would like to compare my estimations to your trucks window stickers when they arrive.

@tkdr6 1221 lbs
@Nowwhat 1198 lbs (very close to your hope of 1200)
@F8Demon still working on this one, need a few more confirmed door stickers in the wild.
@tkdr6 First off, what are your thoughts on the truck now that you have taken delivery? Second, I'd be curious to know what your payload sticker ended up being and if I was anywhere close?

What's odd is I don't think some options that obviously have weight end up in the reported payload, I was able to find two regular 1500's on the lot with identical payloads, one with the tow group and one without. That really threw me a wrench in a lot of my assumptions on weight.

@tkdr6 First off, what are your thoughts on the truck now that you have taken delivery? Second, I'd be curious to know what your payload sticker ended up being and if I was anywhere close?

What's odd is I don't think some options that obviously have weight end up in the reported payload, I was able to find two regular 1500's on the lot with identical payloads, one with the tow group and one without. That really threw me a wrench in a lot of my assumptions on weight.
Dude... the truck is INSANE and WAY more than what I expected. Pics and videos just don't do any justice compared to in-person.

Spent over 3 hours with their master mechanic along with myself and my own mechanic. We did a very thorough review top to bottom and inside and out. Truck was up on lift and opened up and checked fluids on transmission, on t-fer case, and both front/back differentials. Check ALL oil coolant lines and their respective fittings. Drive train bolts where checked from front to back as well as suspension mounts and shocks. I also DO NOT have the loud ticking/squealing noise that some are referring to and it was only 30 degrees outside, so it was cold. There is a minor ticking that seems relatively quiet to me compared to others that have shared videos, definitely did not appear to be of any concern from both mechanics perspective and myself. My truck had 11 miles on it when it was unloaded off the semi trailer and we drove it for 20 miles during our very long test/inspection drive, signed papers with 31 miles on it. I drove it last night for almost 100 miles to get past the first portion of the break in period, now at 125 miles.

People are probably tired of hearing this, but my dealership has been AMAZING and so cooperative in this entire process. Way to go Johnson Auto Plaza!

So far so good as of now... babying the truck and following the break in procedures EXACTLY how they are recommended.

@tripleB you are scary accurate in your calculations for payload, my exact payload number on the sticker is 1221 !!!

Last edited:
Dude... the truck is INSANE and WAY more than what I expected. Pics and videos just don't do any justice compared to in-person.

Spent over 3 hours with their master mechanic along with myself and my own mechanic. We did a very thorough review top to bottom and inside and out. Truck was up on lift and opened up and checked fluids on transmission, on t-fer case, and both front/back differentials. Check ALL oil coolant lines and their respective fittings. Drive train bolts where checked from front to back as well as suspension mounts and shocks. I also DO NOT have the loud ticking/squealing noise that some are referring to and it was only 30 degrees outside, so it was cold. There is a minor ticking that seems relatively quiet to me compared to others that have shared videos of, definitely did not appear to be of any concern from both mechanics perspective and myself. My truck had 11 miles on it when it was unloaded off the semi trailer and we drove it for 20 miles during our very long test/inspection drive, signed papers with 31 miles on it. I drove it last night for another 100 miles to get past the first portion of the break in period, not at 125 miles.

@tripleB you are scary accurate in your calculations for payload, my exact payload number on the sticker is 1221 !!!
Congrats, sounds like all is well in Co... hope you enjoy it fully.

Congrats, sounds like all is well in Co... hope you enjoy it fully.
Thank you!

Getting Line-X spray-in bed liner done tomorrow. Then tomorrow night going to install the Rambar and my Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover by myself in my garage

Then going to try and hit the 500 mile mark over the weekend to get the engine properly broke in. Really EAGER to start pushing this truck and see what it can do!

Then next week doing what @tripleB did regarding PPF and ceramic clear coat, but drop off my truck on Monday and pick up up on Thursday and will be going through withdrawals for sure... :(

Back