TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 White TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Pink XT6 (wife's car)
I wonder why they didn't paint the caliper for these trucks. They are the largest brakes they have ever put on a truck, why not make them a little special?

They are standard DT brakes with a thicker rotor, not Brembos or anything like that.

They are standard DT brakes with a thicker rotor, not Brembos or anything like that.

that I know, my M4 had blue painted calipers, and they r just stock BMW rotors. I would have added to the cost of already expensive Truck...but still would have been cool to have a little red behind those black rims ?

I can't find a pic of them.. Does anyone have a pic of these basic / stock calipers?

FRame.jpg

Might not be so bad painted red... The rim hides most of the caliper.

Super old thread but has anyone painted their calipers?
IMO....never paint the factory cast calipers. It looks too "Auto Zone-ish".
For real impact, go with 20" wheel and a Rotora or R1 big brake kit.

IMO....never paint the factory cast calipers. It looks too "Auto Zone-ish".
For real impact, go with 20" wheel and a Rotora or R1 big brake kit.
Couldn’t agree more

I don't think it's looks horrible, definitely not auto zone. Lol. Tiny red accents.

Attachments

• 20220825_150006.jpg
    20220825_150006.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 53
I guess that is why most performance cars have painted calipers
Red performance calipers from Brembo look great, because its Brembo.
Stock calipers with red paint look like sin.

I don't think it's looks horrible, definitely not auto zone. Lol. Tiny red accents.
We will have to disagree on this one.
I think it looks cheap, like its trying to be something its not.

Ram dropped the ball, should of put the calipers from the demon ( 4 pot ) on our trucks.

If I were to color them, would powdercoat them for better rust protection. Or is that not a good idea on a brake caliper? I think this way mostly because I built an oven & spray booth a while ago, and could do it for <$30.

Painted is fine, now those stupid covers people put on....ughh

Yeah I dig them painted. i painted mine on my 05 1500 and thought they looked good.

Back