Over sticker price!?!?

I am currently trying to buy a TRX. I went to the same dealer that I purchased my challenger from and they hooked me up on that, so I went back to the same dealer and they are trying to charge me 10,000 over. I know the people that work there but they said there is no way that they can sell without going 10,000 over sticker price so I told them I did not want to do that and that I would shop around and that I did not appreciate them giving me the runaround and trying to price gouge me. He said that there will probably be rebates that will cancel out the extra charge, but that just sounds like a bs excuse. Has anyone else experienced this and is everyone else paying over sticker price? Should it just be expected to pay over? I really want one of these trucks and I am already spending 80 K on one so I don’t want to spend an extra 10,000 just so the dealer can make some money on the side! Help!!

Fortunately, I only have a work vehicle. Unfortunately, when I retire in March I will need a truck. I thought I could do without, but after taking my wife back and forth to work for a few days I realized I can’t do that for months and don’t want to buy a beater truck. Salesman called today saying I definitely won’t get a TRX by April, so I’ll shift my deposit to the PW.

Dave Smith Auto in Kellogg, ID has been great to work with and had me at MSRP. They are a large dealership, so be sure to check them out. He’s been up front with me from the beginning.

Please let us know when your video is up.
@Methman, I’m sure I’ve probably missed it in another post somewhere... you don’t have a VIN or get the delivery estimate email?

We bought 2...both at MSRP. However they said if we wanted more or knew anyone who wanted one that it would be extra the next batch of orders.

Honestly you’re probably going to have to wait til 2022 to get msrp. Most have all their allocations sold and other dealers will say they can sell you one, even when they don’t have a legit allocation yet. My advice is look in Texas... I’ve found several that were doing MSRP in Texas...

With the production delayed a little, I’d be surprised if you can even get one now. Hope you do though! Keep searching cause you never know! :)

Batman is right... just talked to my salesman Sunday (North TX) and they still have a Hydro Blue allocation that’s available at MSRP. We talked about people in CA saying dealers asking $15-$30K ADM and that you could literally buy here in TX, fly out to pick it up and drive it home (or have it delivered) cheaper than that kind of ADM.

I buy 1-2 new cars every year so I count all my pennies. A penny saved on my TRX, a penny saved on getting my outlander xmr 1000 atv at invoice, is a lot of pennies to go towards my Hummer EV I have a reservation for.
I’m with you on this. You better believe price matters when you have a bad car habit. I buy at least two new cars per year.

To the original poster: shop around. It pays off. Don’t expect a dealer to be loyal to you, they are only loyal to the mighty dollar as a general rule. After owning over 130 cars I have only three guys from the car business that made it into my phone as a regular contact. 3 guys out of more than 130 car deals. That’s the reality.

Do y'all remember when someone posted on here a couple of months ago that there was an allocation at MSRP? My buddy called both places and both weren't true. They would sell you a truck at MSRP but they didn't have a remaining allocation.

Do this guy a favor..... If you really know of one, post the name of the dealership or phone number. What my buddy discovered was that these rumors were just rumors. There weren't any remaining allocations at MSRP. I'm sure the OP would love a chance if you can post what you know and help him out. That's the beauty of what Nitro has created here.

Last edited:
I am currently trying to buy a TRX. I went to the same dealer that I purchased my challenger from and they hooked me up on that, so I went back to the same dealer and they are trying to charge me 10,000 over. I know the people that work there but they said there is no way that they can sell without going 10,000 over sticker price so I told them I did not want to do that and that I would shop around and that I did not appreciate them giving me the runaround and trying to price gouge me. He said that there will probably be rebates that will cancel out the extra charge, but that just sounds like a bs excuse. Has anyone else experienced this and is everyone else paying over sticker price? Should it just be expected to pay over? I really want one of these trucks and I am already spending 80 K on one so I don’t want to spend an extra 10,000 just so the dealer can make some money on the side! Help!!
I ordered mine in august. Im
Paying MSRP. My dealership got allocated 2 of them- the person that ordered the second one is also paying msrp. No crazy Mark ups. And no employee discount (my hubby is an employee). I think that’s fair considering the demand.

@marksouth h Unfortunately, no. The salesman told me up front I was putting down a deposit to be added to their list, but thought I could get one by April. Not meant to be I guess. I'm going to talk with him further today.

Just spoke with him, so I now have a deposit on a 75th PW and kept my reservation for the TRX. I can hold out until May for the TRX.

Last edited:
I paid (or paying I should say) slightly over MSRP. But I would have paid $5k. Like many have said all the dealers around me (within 2-3 hours) that said they would sell at MSRP didn't actually have an allocation...but at some point you might get one later in 2021 for msrp is my guess. Other way to do it at this point is some will start showing up on lots that people back out of etc that will end up as inventory...not for long though. I bet you could get one for $2500-$5 over or so, and have it soon. I bought a GT350 that way when they first came out.

I got my TRX ordered day of release for MSRP. They had three allocations, sold the LE for $10k over and the other for $5k over MSRP. I made my deal for MSRP on the TRX when I ordered a fully loaded Durango SRT last December that I got several thousand under employee price with incentives.

Spoken like a typical american that asks "how much down and how much a month" not "how much does it cost"......

If you are financing anything it is easy to get into the "you are spending X dollars already whats a few more" but if you are writing a check or handing over cold hard cash it is very apparent what an extra $5,000 is.....50 more $100 bills which is a lot of money no matter what the sticker price is and pretty much everyone would change their tune if they had $85,000 stacked in cash in front of them to spend on a truck they would only choose the options they really want and not just "load it up" and they would likely try harder to shop around for a dealer willing to give them the best deal around and not agree so quickly to ADM but that is just my 2 cents and unless you are my kids you don't have to listen to me.

I personally didn't chose carbon fiber, Harmon Kardon, Red Accents, hood or bed graphics, or a sunroof all though they are all options that look good it was an extra $7k plus that I didn't want to spend for aesthetics when I could buy accessories for the truck that I would use more or hell for that price I could get some decent used quads and dirt bikes to take with on off roading trips. All in all my MSRP came out to $83,500 which is still a hell of a lot for a truck but a lot less than what was previously tied up in my current truck plus hellcat challenger which this truck is replacing both
Same here.

My build came to 75 or 77k plus TTL. Trade in and some cash down and I am into the 50s for a note. Not bad at all for a new truck IMO.

But once you get up to the TR2 and LE trucks, that 93k sticker price kept making me ask if all that extra "stuff" was worth it. I wanted a hot rod truck. I didn't even want leather but had to go TR1 to get Hydro blue and heated seats (wife demand).

Either way, its more cash in my pocket for toys. Perhaps the wife ends up in a 392 Durango vs the R/T

some, but not all are playing that game. I know many that are not and are selling for sticker.

What is the difference between going to a dealer and ordering a TRX versus ordering from a dealer with an allocation. I thought sold orders take priority over allocations or dealer orders?

What is the difference between going to a dealer and ordering a TRX versus ordering from a dealer with an allocation. I thought sold orders take priority over allocations or dealer orders?
Yeah sold orders to dealers with allocations. You order from a dealer, your order has sit in the system until the plant accepts it. Then you'll get thrown in the mix and will take priority over dealer stock

Fair enough, to each thier own. I wanted a TRX so I was not going to let 5k stand in the way. I'm writing a check for mine. No financing. Imo, if you have to count pennies for your options on a 80k+ truck OR require financing for said truck then one probably should be looking to save elsewhere and not buy a truck beyond thier budget. Just my .02.

I searched around in Southwest Florida. Most dealerships were 10-15k markup but I found one that sold at MSRP. Drove up 2 hours later and threw down a deposit.
Is this still going on? If so, which dealership is it?

Never, ever, ever pay over MSRP….it is simply foolish and desperate!

Is this still going on? If so, which dealership is it?
I ordered mine from Orlando CDJR I spoke to Edwin the internet sales manager, super nice guy and I was in and out of the dealer in about 30 minutes with my purchase order. He was upfront with me about the wait times too. Quoted me at least 12 weeks for the truck to get made.

Back